49ers want Gase as HC

HawkFan72

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/554771473014210560[/tweet]

Trying to make a push for him tonight.

Can't say I'm too worried about this. Pete seems to have a good handle on what Gase tries to do on Offense.

rlkats

Reaction score
Im lost for words. Small resume. Not a ton of experience

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
rlkats":29367872 said:
Im lost for words. Small resume. Not a ton of experience

And with all the talk that Manning is the real OC in Denver, it's hard to get a grasp on how good he actually is anyway.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If Jed really wants to create a "Silicon Valley" image for his team, I guess it makes sense for him to hire the youngest HC candidate available.

As a Seahawks fan, this would make me extremely happy. Maybe he'll even bring Greg Knapp with him.

pehawk

Reaction score
If Mr Gase has a spine, whatsoever, he'll decline. Jed's looking for a "yes" man. Most of the time young means yes (metaphor?).

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Niners are going back the pre-Harbaugh Kingdom of Suck--that's just how it kind of smells "down there".

Marvin49

Reaction score
I kinda wanted Shanahan or Kubiak, but my gut it telling me they are waiting on McDaniels.

Not sure I like it, but that's my guess.

Barakas

Reaction score
NFL network reported today that Elway didn't believe Gase was ready to be a head coach.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":2gcq4p5i said:
Gase was the OC in name only in Denver. You know Peyton was really running the show.

Precisely the reason I don't want Gase.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Marvin49":1y2x4wea said:
Maulbert":1y2x4wea said:
Gase was the OC in name only in Denver. You know Peyton was really running the show.

Precisely the reason I don't want Gase.

See, as a Seahawks fan, I'm torn. I don't want you guys hiring someone who will really get the job done (like I think Harbaugh still might have), but I don't want you falling into total ineptitude either. I want the tough division; just not too tough. Is Gase good enough for multiple seasons between 7-9 and 9-7? If so, hire him!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well, now you have to wonder who his OC and DC will be, unless they keep the current one there Fangio, he may bail as well after being scorned for this YOUNG kid.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
If it's true Denver is allowing all of their remaining coaches to look for other jobs, the 49ers don't HAVE to offer him the Head Coach job to get him. They could promote Fangio and hire Gase as OC.

Either way, Shanahan's system is perfect for the 49ers roster, especially Kaepernick. Pretty dumb move to hire this guy as HC when Shanahan is there, IMHO.

lucky49

Reaction score
apparently it's down to tomsula and gase. so, basically, our FO is deciding between a 3-13 season next year or a 6-10 season

Latest posts