"This isn't ISIS" -- Tom Brady on 'deflategate'

Phteven

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the video of the press conference? Pats fans are predictably fawning over Brady's statements as though he's a poor, innocent victim and the media are the bad guys. I'd like to see for myself.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
We have documentation that this has happened with them before (first Colts game this year) and that the NFL was aware of this issue before the AFCCG. We have motive. We have a lying POS in front of the cameras playing for a team that cheats at every turn.

Yummy. :snack:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Brady then slapped the podium and screamed like a little girl at the refs. How anyone has respect for him is beyond me.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1pb2cm0f said:
We have documentation that this has happened with them before (first Colts game this year) and that the NFL was aware of this issue before the AFCCG. We have motive. We have a lying POS in front of the cameras playing for a team that cheats at every turn.

Yummy. :snack:

this

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
That's exactly what a guilty person does when they get caught - they try to minimize the issue and turn it around on the accuser. He should be outraged and wanting to get to the bottom this, not acting all mystified that people are making such a big deal out of it. You'd think a guy with a history of cheating (both professionally and personally) would be a better liar.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":b6lqr1uj said:
That's exactly what a guilty person does when they get caught - they try to minimize the issue and turn it around on the accuser. He should be outraged and wanting to get to the bottom this, not acting all mystified that people are making such a big deal out of it. You'd think a guy with a history of cheating (both professionally and personally) would be a better liar.

:13:

Exactly, he allowed his own rationalizations to escape his mouth. "It's not as bad as ISIS, so why was it wrong?" -- Tom Brady.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ruminator":jbg9llzv said:
Ow, I think I got a whiplash watching the speed at which Brady's reputation nosedived.

Like Sherman said Wednesday, Brady's rep is quite different between his Captain Tom public ahh shucks persona, and the players in the league that know what he's really like............which is a whiny punk that likes to talk crap and throws tantrums.

Personally I never had a problem with Brady until yesterday. But ain't no way in hell he didn't know the difference between the balls, which tells me he's lying about the whole thing.

Like with the other sports violations like steroids, we fans are usually willing to forgive players if they own up to their mistakes, and act contrite.........but we can't stand the continued lying, because it's insulting.