Brandon Marshall traded to Jets

hawker232

Reaction score
“@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Bears to trade WR Brandon Marshall to Jets pending a physical. (via @AdamSchefter)"

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Unless they want 2 headcases in the same locker room? Also they are completely different players so maybe they plan on keeping Harvin.

Rob12

Reaction score
I wanted him, but maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

We have to get AJ.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
10 million cap hit for each, plus Eric Decker, i can't see how they keep all 3

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Suggests to me that this gives the Jets security in case Harvin refuses to restructure (even though they are different types of players, a weapon is a weapon). Which makes it more likely that Harvin is gone. So we don't get Marshall AND our pick from the Jets drops from 4 to 6. Good move for the Jets, sucks for us.

Marvin49

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3d745hz3 said:
Unless they want 2 headcases in the same locker room? Also they are completely different players so maybe they plan on keeping Harvin.

They weren't going to keep Harvin BEFORE they traded for Marshall.

Too much money for too little production.

No way was he going to restructure the deal to stay in NY.

marko358

Reaction score
So who's left out there other than Andre Johnson that could give an immediate boost to the receiving game?

Is Reggie Wayne an improvement over what we have at this stage in his career?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Jets should be building up the roster in preparation for getting a QB in place a year or two down the line. TBH I don't see how a 30 year old Brandon Marshall helps them.

What did they give up?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
marko358":2my0uzdl said:
So who's left out there other than Andre Johnson that could give an immediate boost to the receiving game?

Reggie Wayne is a shell of his former self. The Colts have a ton of cap room and let him go.. that should tell you something.

marko358

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3l2h19hf said:
marko358":3l2h19hf said:

Reggie Wayne is a shell of his former self. The Colts have a ton of cap room and let him go.. that should tell you something.

Yeah that's what I thought. I have a feeling we'll be relying on the draft to help supplement the receiving corps.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ajacj3e said:
The Jets should be building up the roster in preparation for getting a QB in place a year or two down the line. TBH I don't see how a 30 year old Brandon Marshall helps them.

What did they give up?

Curtis Martin and $4,000.

This trade still means nothing if Geno is their QB. WR 's can only do so much with what they have. If they keep Percy, that's a ton of money locked into 3 wide receivers. At least Eric Decker's wife is a smokeshow.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This trade hurts us because there is no way we get a 4th rounder now, they are not keeping Harvin. I really wanted Marshall but trusting the staff knows more than we do and it wasn't a good fit. A 5th rounder to significantly upgrade our receiving group seems like a logical move from the outside. I really hope we find a way to upgrade.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
austinslater25":3mndj30j said:
This trade hurts us because there is no way we get a 4th rounder now, they are not keeping Harvin. I really wanted Marshall but trusting the staff knows more than we do and it wasn't a good fit. A 5th rounder to significantly upgrade our receiving group seems like a logical move from the outside. I really hope we find a way to upgrade.

Still have to pay him. He was due to make 9.25 million from the Bears. I'm sure the Jets will get him for less, but how much so is where his value will be reflected.

jake206

Reaction score
Bah. On another note, Jets feel like they can deal with 2 diva receivers. Harvin and Marshall. Should be on Hard Knocks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jake206":1gji8242 said:
Bah. On another note, Jets feel like they can deal with 2 diva receivers. Harvin and Marshall. Should be on Hard Knocks.

Already being reported that Harvin will be cut, likely soon after Marshall is officially acquired. They have until the 19th to try and trade him (which no one will do)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1i9fihyd said:
jake206":1i9fihyd said:
Already being reported that Harvin will be cut, likely soon after Marshall is officially acquired. They have until the 19th to try and trade him (which no one will do)

Why don't we work a trade to bring Harvin back? We take Harvin off their hands IF they also give us a second round pick? ;)

Latest posts