Why free agency is so important for SB rings...

hawksurething

Reaction score
This is for people who like to learn ! So if your a dismissive person don't reply as you won't like free agency for the hawks.

Here is a list of Superbowl winners since free agency that added amazing star players to their already strong roster...

Deion Sanders for both the 49ers & cowboys.
Reggie White.
Faulk,Warner
Cory dillion
Keyshawn Johnson
Rodney harrison
Brees
Charles woodson
Plaxico burress
Anquan Boldin all helped get their teams Superbowl rings.

Can yall think of anymore i am missing ???

Ohh And recently...

Pats browner,Brandon lafell,Revis= Superbowl
Hawks avril,Harvin,bennett = Superbowl

So as I'm looking at it, that is the MAJORITY OF RINGS SINCE FREE AGENCY. WOW !

Winning teams like hawks know they should sign star Free agents these days. Since teams are so loaded in offense & defense these days. Teams must MATCH them to stay competitive. 13 rings since the FA era is the proof :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
So, you're saying that teams that bring in free agents win Super Bowls? wow. The team that loses the Super Bowl has free agents too. As does EVERY OTHER team in the league.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksurething":1oegfknu said:
Here is a list of Superbowl winners since free agency that added amazing star players to their already strong roster...

Reggie White.
Faulk,Warner
Cory dillion
Keyshawn Johnson
Rodney harrison
Brees
Charles woodson
Plaxico burress

Ohh And recently...

Winning teams like hawks know they should sign star Free agents these days. Since teams are so loaded in offense & defense these days. Teams must MATCH them to stay competitive. 13 rings since the FA era is the proof :)

Deion was signed prior to the salary cap so two of the richest teams of that time had a bidding war for him. He was good and put those teams over the top, but in today's salary cap era it probably wouldn't have worked out because those good teams would have to cut another player, probably a good one, just to fit him in under the cap.

Reggie White was a defensive player and was with Green Bay for FOUR SEASONS before they won the Super Bowl.

Keyshawn Johnson won a Super Bowl after being with the Bucs for THREE SEASONS.

If this post was aimed at my not wanting for the Seahawks to sign player that won't be in the league in two seasons, it kind of proves my point as to why the Seahawks should NOT sign Andre Johnson. If the Seahawks can sign a good free agent player that will more than likely still be in the league in three years, I am all for it.

White Devil

Reaction score
hawksurething":3u29hheq said:

Reggie White.
Faulk,Warner
Cory dillion
Keyshawn Johnson
Rodney harrison
Brees
Charles woodson
Plaxico burress

Ohh And recently...

a0OAFDc.gif

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Wish I could get back the 1 minute of my life I spent reading this and the 30 seconds I spent typing this.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
rideaducati":vxjhz3us said:
So, you're saying that teams that bring in free agents win Super Bowls? wow. The team that loses the Super Bowl has free agents too. As does EVERY OTHER team in the league.

This is what I mean by being competitive. Jeesh . please read.

Also hawks are a Superbowl team ready to win this year so AJ makes perfect sense. They just signed Lynch for just 2-3 years and he is old for a RB.

Most teams understand this, but the dont bring in top talent like the ones that won rings on this list. Now do you understand ? Or will you remain dismissive ?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Free agents are capable of contributing to Super Bowl winning teams.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":3neprzge said:
rideaducati":3neprzge said:

Also hawks are a Superbowl team ready to win this year so AJ makes perfect sense. They just signed Lynch for just 2-3 years and he is old for a RB.

Most teams understand this, but the dont bring in top talent like the ones that won rings on this list. Now do you understand ? Or will you remain dismissive ?

So let me make sure I understand what you are saying......

Super Bowl winning teams make great decisions regarding how to spend money during the FA period? Non-Super Bowl winning teams make bad decisions concerning free agency? That is really special insight.

Why do we need this thread?

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":1svif7e1 said:
hawksurething":1svif7e1 said:
rideaducati":1svif7e1 said:

Super Bowl winning teams make great decisions regarding how to spend money during the FA period? Non-Super Bowl winning teams make bad decisions concerning free agency? That is really special insight.

To learn.

Yes many teams propel themselves into the super bowl with stud free agents. But many teams pick the wrong kind of stud free agents like... Skins and haynesworth who was DT yet they tried to change him he got mad and bust on them. Eagles and namdai who try to change too. Harvin was a bad/good pick...horrible WR,but good move weapon/KR.

The smart picks are like pats & hawks,packers who kept players where they can succeed best.

This year many teams picked wrong...like deep WR maclin with sorry smith who can't throw deep,etc...

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksurething":wnlozgqf said:
rideaducati":wnlozgqf said:

You pointed out free agents that DID NOT immediately get teams over the top. Most of the guys you listed were with their new team for SEVERAL SEASONS before their new team won the Super Bowl...DO YOU COMPREHEND THAT? Andre will NOT be around for any team for several seasons. Will Andre Johnson be a viable WR for the upcoming season as he learns a new system? Probably not right away. Will he be around the following season? Maybe, but since his production will PROBABLY not be that great, he would more than likely be cut and the team will have lost a year of growth from the young guys already on the team and will have wasted millions of dollars to boot.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
hawksurething":2gs3pq2e said:
Spleenhawk2.0":2gs3pq2e said:
hawksurething":2gs3pq2e said:
rideaducati":2gs3pq2e said:

To learn.

Yes many teams propel themselves into the super bowl with stud free agents. But many teams pick the wrong kind of stud free agents like... Skins and haynesworth who was DT yet they tried to change him he got mad and bust on them. Eagles and namdai who try to change too. Harvin was a bad/good pick...horrible WR,but good move weapon/KR.

The smart picks are like pats & hawks,packers who kept players where they can succeed best.

This year many teams picked wrong...like deep WR maclin with sorry smith who can't throw deep,etc...

Thank you, but I was already aware that good teams make good roster decisions, and bad teams make bad roster decisions.

What you say is true, but is painfully obvious. Maybe a discussion as to WHY certain teams consistently make bad decisions. Or maybe what separates good organizations from great organizations.

But the premise of this thread is just silly

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
rideaducati":21twb87s said:
hawksurething":21twb87s said:
rideaducati":21twb87s said:

You pointed out free agents that DID NOT immediately get teams over the top. Most of the guys you listed were with their new team for SEVERAL SEASONS before their new team won the Super Bowl...DO YOU COMPREHEND THAT? Andre will NOT be around for any team for several seasons. Will Andre Johnson be a viable WR for the upcoming season as he learns a new system? Probably not right away. Will he be around the following season? Maybe, but since his production will PROBABLY not be that great, he would more than likely be cut and the team will have lost a year of growth from the young guys already on the team and will have wasted millions of dollars to boot.

Also several were immediate ring winners like boldin,dillion,woodson,ec...

I sorry that Obviously this thread is not for you. Its for others on here who like free agents & are excited about Tuesday.

Enjoy the season. Go hawks .

pehawk

Reaction score
Word, hawksurething, bout damn time someone started speaking the inconvenient truth around here. These same posters trying to tear you down, tore down those that lauded the Carroll hire and/or the Wilson selection.

You're a smart, fresh, inciteful voice that others are jealous of. Keep grinding.

Jville

Reaction score
I agree!

Amaze and dazzle us Captain!

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2jv9e1xo said:
Did you know that the first coast to coast telephone line was created in 1914? Crazy.

I'm glad your sarcasm agrees with Superbowl winning teams with the most rings gets stud free agents :)

It would seem its just so as a matter of factly... But seeing a few people say no to free agents proves that its not so obvious to some people.

This is why we must learn & teach. Go hawks