Drew Brees Out for Potentially Several Games

El Caliente

Reaction score
It's not confirmed yet, but its not sounding good. If he is done for the season, I can see him hanging them up at the end of the season, and us moving on from Sean Payton.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rumor ... ry-346153/

I think its time for us to look at going the Manning/Luck and Favre/Rodgers route.

Our defense is young, but improving by the week. If he is out for the year, draft that next qb, and let him lean on the defense while he gets adjusted to the NFL.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Now it sounds like rumors ma have been misleading. Brees does have an injury, but the extent of it is unknown. I apologize for misleading anyone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"Sean Payton said it's too early to determine whether or not Saints QB Drew Brees will require extra time to heal from a shoulder injury he suffered."

that would kill that franchise

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
ringless":20q1q669 said:
dadof3":20q1q669 said:
ilikedlargent":20q1q669 said:
Why is that funny?

Ignore him. He's contributed 3 posts either LOL'ing at injuries. Or telling other posters they are idiots basically.

I haven't called one single person an idiot. I am sorry if you've misinterpreted anything not ment in that way.

I typed lol because it's the perfect storm of injuries and players leaving teams (niners) (Kam indefinitely gone or traded) all over the nfc.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Uncle Si":omygedtu said:
"Sean Payton said it's too early to determine whether or not Saints QB Drew Brees will require extra time to heal from a shoulder injury he suffered."

that would kill that franchise
Oh, if we lose Brees we are bound for the #1 overall pick. We have 22 new faces on the team, so we werent expecting the Super Bowl to begin with.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why the hate for Brees...seems like a class act from a not so good upbringing....loved when they kicked mannings ass in the sb..

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ty4sivf said:
Why the hate for Brees...seems like a class act from a not so good upbringing....loved when they kicked mannings ass in the sb..

That was their one shining moment. They'll tank for another 50 years again

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The fact it's his shoulder is very disconcerting. That was the injury that nearly ended his career before he even became a Saint.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3bdgfvtp said:
Torn rotator cuff. Bye bye Saints.

I dont think they were really going anywhere with Brees...this might actually speed up their rebuilding honestly. Even if he comes back for 1-2 more years they can draft the QB of the future in this upcoming draft.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/646059241158090752[/tweet]

NINEster

Reaction score
Brees and that offense have been humbled a bit since their SB victory, in particular the 2010 and 2011 playoffs.

Now that some time has passed, it's ok to go back and give credit to a really tough to stop offense. It's a shame we never got to see Seattle face the 2011 Saints offense that the 49ers had to do battle with in the playoffs. That was an epic #1 offense vs. #1 defense battle, coming off a wildcard win where the Saints did not punt once.

Rodgers is the better overall QB, but I don't think Green Bay ever had an offense quite like that 2011 Saints in the Superdome machine. Brees deserves some credit for that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NINEster":2wzq1ues said:
Brees and that offense have been humbled a bit since their SB victory, in particular the 2010 and 2011 playoffs.

Now that some time has passed, it's ok to go back and give credit to a really tough to stop offense. It's a shame we never got to see Seattle face the 2011 Saints offense that the 49ers had to do battle with in the playoffs. That was an epic #1 offense vs. #1 defense battle, coming off a wildcard win where the Saints did not punt once.

Rodgers is the better overall QB, but I don't think Green Bay ever had an offense quite like that 2011 Saints in the Superdome machine. Brees deserves some credit for that.

I think the Broncos 2013 offense was superior.. and you saw what happened to them.

Saints would have been no different.

El Caliente

Reaction score
We have t been much of a threat since 2011, but we are still (historically) in a better spot than 9 other teams who have never reached the top of the mountain.

That 2011 game vs the 49ers was a great one, and could have gone either way. Many of us think that that Saints team was better than the 2009 version. Bountygate (or Goodell is an idiot gate) and pride have killed us since then.

The thread that has me interested is the "Has there ever been a trade where both teams lost". It talks about Unger for Jimmy, and how both teams are worse off. I don't think that way though. You guys got Lockett, and we have Anthony. Sure the main pieces might not be all they were thought to be, but the throw ins are doing great.

Latest posts