Getting Rid of Cable TV... How to Watch Hawks' Games?

Vaclav44

Reaction score
But have the interwebz and a 'smart' TV (smarter than me). So how would you go about watching the Hawks games if you were me? Can I stream them via the NFL Network package to my TV or would I have to watch on a computer? I've heard mention of getting an HD Antenna, but then I'd have to watch the games live and that can be a problem for me.

SO, what I'm looking for is some free advice on how to watch the Hawks play their games, preferably on delay of some sort, without having to rinky-dink hookup some antenna or cable TV.

Any thoughts and or advice is welcome!

Vacalv44

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You can always pay for play through phone and hook it up to tv just saying,I may do that as well.There are streaming sites through the net but the NFL knocks out a lot in middle of games and not all those sites are free and some are hacks underneath the headline.

OP
OP
Vaclav44

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Sorry about that! :D

Edited the subject line for clarity....

Looks like I have to have an Xbox or PS4 or AppleTV to watch the NFL Game Pass with my TV. My TV is smart, but alas I don't have those add-ons.... What to do?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":gw8ap26v said:
hawksfansinceday1":gw8ap26v said:
If you have local stations in E'burg, hook up an antenna to your coax input on your TV. A quick search for your location on antennaweb.org gave me these results.
https://www.antennaweb.org/Stations?Add ... 20.5478474

Why do people not unsderstand that TV is still free over the air (and digital) if you live in a town of any size?

And add this to the picture and you a good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnavox-MDR865H ... +recorders

Better yet...ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnavox-DVD-Re ... Sw6n5Xs7Oz

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It can't be overstated that rather than rinky dinky, over-the-air via antenna is the best quality and really the preferred medium for HD sports.

leea35

Reaction score
I use antenna and a Tablo DVR which allows you to stream your antenna broadcast over your WiFi and you can pay 5 dollars a month to stream the antenna broadcast remotely away from home....

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Vaclav44":2juzc810 said:
But have the interwebz and a 'smart' TV (smarter than me). So how would you go about watching the Hawks games if you were me? Can I stream them via the NFL Network package to my TV or would I have to watch on a computer? I've heard mention of getting an HD Antenna, but then I'd have to watch the games live and that can be a problem for me.

SO, what I'm looking for is some free advice on how to watch the Hawks play their games, preferably on delay of some sort, without having to rinky-dink hookup some antenna or cable TV.

Any thoughts and or advice is welcome!

Vacalv44

If you don't live in Washington you could get NFL Sunday Ticket for your PS4 at half price if you have a college email address, if I recall correctly. But if you do live in Washington there is no point since locally broadcasted games will be blacklisted with the Ticket.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
You don't need a PS4 or an XBox One or Apple TV....just go get a Roku, they have the NFL Game Pass App too.

OP
OP
Vaclav44

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Thanks, all, for the advice. I'm going to go for the HD Antenna setup and see if I can get it to work. TV's in the basement on the North side of the house and all the broadcasts come from the South. I'm skeptical it'll work, but I'm going to give it a shot. Looking forward to ditching the cable bill!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
My in-laws live I ellensburg and cut the cord recently. They found out their tv (which is about 6-7 years old) has a built in antenna and they get the local fox, nbc, and cbs channels all in full hd. Head to the Tav for the cable games.

andyh64000

Reaction score
If you are desperate...google reddit live NFL streams but make sure you install an ad blocker.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Vaclav44":c51072d5 said:
Thanks, all, for the advice. I'm going to go for the HD Antenna setup and see if I can get it to work. TV's in the basement on the North side of the house and all the broadcasts come from the South. I'm skeptical it'll work, but I'm going to give it a shot. Looking forward to ditching the cable bill!

It just means running a lot of line. That shouldn't be a problem. I'm in Toronto and have an antenna at the top of the South side of my house that runs three floors down into the basement of the North side of my house and I pick up perfect OTA HD from Buffallo regardless of weather and without a problem. It's not one of the crazy antennas either, just one of the lower-end outdoor ones (around 70 bucks or so I think).

danbogart

Reaction score
I just bought a couple gadgets. Will pay for itself in less than two months. Should be able to get everything we need after we pair it up with Kodi on the Nvidia Shield.

c5047794ecdf3465e5e6e82b39b96a3d.jpg

10e06b74586a823a622568e2fa28058f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Vaclav44

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Got the antenna installed no problem, pick up all the major stations plus a few others (that aren't religious or Spanish language). Ended up going with a Channel Master DVR, dual tuner so I can record and watch another station (or record two) at a time. No monthly subscription like TiVo. Am happy to have cut the cord on cable. We'll see how it performs in inclement weather, but I can always run to the Tav for a game or two if I have to!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Vaclav44":6tv6i1h8 said:
Got the antenna installed no problem, pick up all the major stations plus a few others (that aren't religious or Spanish language). Ended up going with a Channel Master DVR, dual tuner so I can record and watch another station (or record two) at a time. No monthly subscription like TiVo. Am happy to have cut the cord on cable. We'll see how it performs in inclement weather, but I can always run to the Tav for a game or two if I have to!

Just did a google bing whatnot search and think I see what you got. BEAUTIFUL. I may have to do that too and then keep the dvdrw for recording games I want to keep. I am jealous....... :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Vaclav44

Vaclav44

Reaction score
The Channel Master is the bomb by the way. Super easy to set up, completely intuitive, great remote. Could not be happier (except with the Seahawks performance, grrr). If anyone is looking to go this route let me know and I can share what I did. Saved some money, got extra storage space....