Niners Starting QB

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm trying not to say either. It took me a while to figure out how to word the question. Finally I decided to just go with as bland and straight forward as I could.

But I am genuinely curious.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I'm assuming this question is serious so here goes. From what I understood, Kelly picked Gabbert to start game 1 against the Rams and Kap to be the backup.

I'm sure one of the 49er faithful will be along to confirm, refute, or become offended by the question and / or answer.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
lsheldon":3h8kweyw said:
I'm assuming this question is serious so here goes. From what I understood, Kelly picked Gabbert to start game 1 against the Rams and Kap to be the backup.

I'm sure one of the 49er faithful will be along to confirm, refute, or become offended by the question and / or answer.

That's what I've kind of expected but I hadn't heard anything definitive.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Gabbert is the starter. Kelly gave a lame excuse for Kap saying he wasn't back to his playing weight and strength after sitting out almost all of training camp and half the preseason, but really it's because Gabbert has a quicker release and takes fewer sacks.

Neither are worth a shit.

rlkats

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1dics2r9 said:
Gabbert is the starter. Kelly gave a lame excuse for Kap saying he wasn't back to his playing weight and strength after sitting out almost all of training camp and half the preseason, but really it's because Gabbert has a quicker release and takes fewer sacks.

Well pard. Just sit back and watch the comedy of errors. This is the year it all blows up. Trent gone. Chip gone. And the first pic of the draft.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
rlkats":1wmz2vyi said:
5_Golden_Rings":1wmz2vyi said:

Well pard. Just sit back and watch the comedy of errors. This is the year it all blows up. Trent gone. Chip gone. And the first pic of the draft.
Chip's isn't going anywhere even if they picked first (they won't though. Too much improvement on the offensives and defensive lines for that).

The reason Chip is safe is because Chip is exactly the kind of head coach Jed York has been looking for. He's perfect for Silicon Valley, with his supposedly forward thinking coaching schemes, and as adverse to the old 49ers that Jed York has seemed like, he's desperate to copy Uncle Eddie D and find a coach with a radical offense to save the team. He thought that's what he was getting with Harbaugh (and in some ways Harbaugh did bring something new: that running game was very unique at the time, even if it was a recycling of very old concepts). So, Chip Kelly is York's dream coach.

In fact, I bet York has wanted Kelly since 2012.