Cowgirls v s. The niners

knownone

Reaction score
Really?

I kinda think the exact opposite.

I think most of America is waiting for him to fall on his face so they can say "I told you so". They can't believe this can happen with a 7th rounder.

If he was a 1st round pick I think the narrative would be can he be the best ever, he'd be compared to Mahomes night and day, and the hyperbole would be much larger.

I mean the dude is 10-0 in regular season, his team has scored 30+ in 8 of those 10 games, and his QB rating this year is 123.1.

Can you imagine if he were a first rounder and people weren't so eager to say "yeah, but"?

Yes...the Mr. Irrelevant thing certainly gets some play, but if people didn't have that assumption about him in their back pocket, this story would be out of control.
He wouldn't be compared to Mahomes, regardless of draft position, at least not by people with eyes. And I can't imagine anyone outside of Niner's land seriously questioning whether he can be the best ever after ten games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
He wouldn't be compared to Mahomes, regardless of draft position, at least not by people with eyes. And I can't imagine anyone outside of Niner's land seriously questioning whether he can be the best ever after ten games.

I think you're wrong.

To be clear...I'm not saying he's Mahomes. I'm talking about media hyperbole. I think the reaction to how he is playing would elicit ludicrous comparisons if people weren't just waiting for him to fall on his face ONCE so they could have their draft position bias justified.

knownone

Reaction score
I think you're wrong.

To be clear...I'm not saying he's Mahomes. I'm talking about media hyperbole. I think the reaction to how he is playing would elicit ludicrous comparisons if people weren't just waiting for him to fall on his face ONCE so they could have their draft position bias justified.
Who in the media is waiting for him to fall on his face? Outside of FirstTake style shows, there has been near-universal praise for him. I've seen several significant media members compare him to Tom Brady, which feels even more ludicrous.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Really?

I kinda think the exact opposite.

I think most of America is waiting for him to fall on his face so they can say "I told you so". They can't believe this can happen with a 7th rounder.

If he was a 1st round pick I think the narrative would be can he be the best ever, he'd be compared to Mahomes night and day, and the hyperbole would be much larger.

I mean the dude is 10-0 in regular season, his team has scored 30+ in 8 of those 10 games, and his QB rating this year is 123.1.

Can you imagine if he were a first rounder and people weren't so eager to say "yeah, but"?

Yes...the Mr. Irrelevant thing certainly gets some play, but if people didn't have that assumption about him in their back pocket, this story would be out of control.

You're making my point, the reason Purdy's getting so much run is because he's Mr. Irrelevant.

As far as that's also why people are waiting for him to fail? That happens with every QB draft pick, maybe even more so with 1st round picks. Look what guys like Zach Wilson and Justin Fields are going through right now. They're getting destroyed in the press and media.

chris98251

Reaction score
You're making my point, the reason Purdy's getting so much run is because he's Mr. Irrelevant.

As far as that's also why people are waiting for him to fail? That happens with every QB draft pick, maybe even more so with 1st round picks. Look what guys like Zach Wilson and Justin Fields are going through right now. They're getting destroyed in the press and media.
True but their Cities have a history of destroying players that struggle, always have. If they were in Seattle they would get excuses made for them.

HL81

Reaction score
Yeah his short and intermediate game has been very good, not denying that.

Air yards per attempt doesn't necessarily equate to deep ball accuracy though. Remember those 40-50 yard bombs from Brady to Moss with deadly accuracy back in the day? Yeah I haven't seen that from Purdy, so while he is very good, he is not going to be the next Tom Brady.

You don't see that from any QB in the league right now, at least not consistently. Literally comparing them to all time great players in the HoF is a little disingenuous.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He’s a good example Pete’s type of point guard QB. Smart. Accurate. Can make the throws he needs to make. Takes care of the football. Dishes it off to the right guy at the right time more often than not. Plays in an offense with weapons around him that doesn’t force him to feel like he has to do it all by himself.

The irony is that he’s doing it for the other guys.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Everybody is dumping on the Cowboys because they haven't played anyone. Who have the 9ers played, or am I missing something?

Cards, Giants, Steelers, Rams, and Cowturds.

Cards suck. Giants suck. Steelers suck. Rams was a quality win but they were challenged to the end. And the Cowboys???

Go ahead and crown them if you want. They haven't yet faced a team with the weapons or attitude to take a punch from them and give it back just as good.

They are a really good team, but unbeatable? I think we split with them this year. Both close games.

And I think it's great that they are getting an overinflated sense if themselves. Same thing happened with Miami. They went from unbeatable to mortal really quick after all the illusions of grandeur.

So good for them. Good for all of them, the Eagles too. Will be all the better when Spoon and the crew knock them them he'll out. This team won't lay down for anyone. Not on offense. Not on defense. So bring it.
Gotta give it to you, 45, you called this one. Nice job.