Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Dez Bryant

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 am
  • Are the Saints going to ruin their season by adding this cancer?
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6528
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:31 am
  • We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

    What is your take on Marshall? Why did the Seahawks cut him?
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm


Re: Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 am
  • El Caliente wrote:We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

    What is your take on Marshall? Why did the Seahawks cut him?


    We cut him simply because he wasn't doing much of anything for us on the field.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3779
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:03 am
  • El Caliente wrote:We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

    What is your take on Marshall? Why did the Seahawks cut him?


    David Moore is better and earned reps away from Marshall. Which put Marshall as WR5, and your 5th and 6th WRs ought to be able to play special teams, which Marshall doesn't. All reports and comments from Pete suggest Marshall was a good teammate while here.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2336
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


Re: Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:49 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

    What is your take on Marshall? Why did the Seahawks cut him?


    We cut him simply because he wasn't doing much of anything for us on the field.


    This, and he had a couple of pretty egregious drops in his limited opportunities early on and hasn't been used much since.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2911
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Dez Bryant
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 am
  • If the Hawks can't make a run I am really cheering for the Saints to win it all this year. I hope Dez works out for them but I would definitely have my reservations.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1591
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am


Re: Dez Bryant
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 am
  • Just lol at Rams shortening their Window considerably by going all in this year to only get cucked by the Saints.
    RCATES
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 489
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


Re: Dez Bryant
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am
  • RCATES wrote:Just lol at Rams shortening their Window considerably by going all in this year to only get cucked by the Saints.


    It’s not a bad strategy to go all in for the strongest chance at one super bowl while rookie contracts allow it. Windows (and translation to actual SB success) are extremely unpredictable and generally extremely short lived anyway, so strike while the iron is hot. Everyone talks about keeping the window open or building a dynasty that will ultimately never be.

    Re the saints and Bryant. The saint were already balling with the guys they had. Bryant is unlikely to see any type of volume targets right? Package plays and depth at this point?
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4463
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Dez Bryant
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 am
  • I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

    Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:45 pm


Re: Dez Bryant
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am
  • El Caliente wrote:I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

    Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.

    I’m rooting for you guys if the Hawks don’t make it.

    But..... I think signing Dez is a mistake (FWIW I didn’t want Seattle signing him either). The guy has a ton of mental baggage and is a mental midget when things start going wrong or he isn’t being thrown to as much as he thinks he should be. His route running is also poor. The good news is there is no “attachment” to him from the saints and if he starts “being himself” it’s an easy cut.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24699
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Dez Bryant
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:01 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

    Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.

    I’m rooting for you guys if the Hawks don’t make it.

    But..... I think signing Dez is a mistake (FWIW I didn’t want Seattle signing him either). The guy has a ton of mental baggage and is a mental midget when things start going wrong or he isn’t being thrown to as much as he thinks he should be. His route running is also poor. The good news is there is no “attachment” to him from the saints and if he starts “being himself” it’s an easy cut.


    The force is with you....
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8610
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Dez Bryant
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:30 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5473
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Dez Bryant
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 pm
  • Saints just dodged a huge bullet IMHO.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24699
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Dez Bryant
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5473
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Dez Bryant
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:34 pm
  • sounds like they are looking to sign Marshall. The x factor wasn't...career over.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6528
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Dez Bryant
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 am
  • This is the reason Bell should be wary of his holdot. Coming back after a layoff like that and *boom* injury.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105890
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm




It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: NWOhioHawk and 51 guests