Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Dez Bryant

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 am
  • Are the Saints going to ruin their season by adding this cancer?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Re: Dez Bryant
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:31 am
  • We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

What is your take on Marshall? Why did the Seahawks cut him?
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 am
  • El Caliente wrote:We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

We cut him simply because he wasn't doing much of anything for us on the field.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:03 am
  • El Caliente wrote:We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

David Moore is better and earned reps away from Marshall. Which put Marshall as WR5, and your 5th and 6th WRs ought to be able to play special teams, which Marshall doesn't. All reports and comments from Pete suggest Marshall was a good teammate while here.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:49 pm
  • mrt144 wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

We cut him simply because he wasn't doing much of anything for us on the field.

This, and he had a couple of pretty egregious drops in his limited opportunities early on and hasn't been used much since.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:05 am
  • If the Hawks can't make a run I am really cheering for the Saints to win it all this year. I hope Dez works out for them but I would definitely have my reservations.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 am
  • Just lol at Rams shortening their Window considerably by going all in this year to only get cucked by the Saints.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:02 am
  • RCATES wrote:Just lol at Rams shortening their Window considerably by going all in this year to only get cucked by the Saints.

It’s not a bad strategy to go all in for the strongest chance at one super bowl while rookie contracts allow it. Windows (and translation to actual SB success) are extremely unpredictable and generally extremely short lived anyway, so strike while the iron is hot. Everyone talks about keeping the window open or building a dynasty that will ultimately never be.

Re the saints and Bryant. The saint were already balling with the guys they had. Bryant is unlikely to see any type of volume targets right? Package plays and depth at this point?
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 am
  • I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am
  • El Caliente wrote:I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.

I’m rooting for you guys if the Hawks don’t make it.

But..... I think signing Dez is a mistake (FWIW I didn’t want Seattle signing him either). The guy has a ton of mental baggage and is a mental midget when things start going wrong or he isn’t being thrown to as much as he thinks he should be. His route running is also poor. The good news is there is no “attachment” to him from the saints and if he starts “being himself” it’s an easy cut.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:01 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    El Caliente wrote:I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

I’m rooting for you guys if the Hawks don’t make it.

But..... I think signing Dez is a mistake (FWIW I didn’t want Seattle signing him either). The guy has a ton of mental baggage and is a mental midget when things start going wrong or he isn’t being thrown to as much as he thinks he should be. His route running is also poor. The good news is there is no “attachment” to him from the saints and if he starts “being himself” it’s an easy cut.

The force is with you....
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:30 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 pm
  • Saints just dodged a huge bullet IMHO.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:34 pm
  • sounds like they are looking to sign Marshall. The x factor wasn't...career over.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:33 am
  • This is the reason Bell should be wary of his holdot. Coming back after a layoff like that and *boom* injury.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information