49ERS now no 1 in nfc

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2g0cmazq said:
https://www.nfl.com/standings/conference/2019/REG

Um ya for now. Let's be real, there has been some really bad games that we got really lucky in.

Mizak

Reaction score
I’m more amazed at 24 out of 32 teams in the playoff hunt.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Bucs game wasn't a gimme. They remind me somewhat of the Browns.

That said, they don't have Staley or Witherspoon now. Odds are that'll be their first loss, and with how the lambs played today maybe the Hawks can get them out of their heads and take the division by this time next week.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well have to give them credit, they executed perfectly the whole game plan today...………. :p

Marvin49

Reaction score
Yeah...nice to see, but really just an oddity of the schedule. No other undefeated teams in the NFC.

Still...I'll take it. :D

If they beat the Browns on Monday Night and the Rams the following Sunday, then I'll start to really take notice.

I think people are also sleeping a bit on the Bucs. Barrett has NINE (!!!) sacks in 4 weeks.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ua9oiv5 said:
Yeah...nice to see, but really just an oddity of the schedule. No other undefeated teams in the NFC.

If they beat the Browns on Monday Night and the Rams the following Sunday, then I'll start to really take notice.

I think people are also sleeping a bit on the Bucs.

Maybe.... but the Bucs also lost to the Giants.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":3s3tceuy said:
Marvin49":3s3tceuy said:

I think people are also sleeping a bit on the Bucs.

Maybe.... but the Bucs also lost to the Giants.

True...but might be one of those young teams that's wins some they shouldn't and loses some they shouldn't.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":mzl84mdf said:

I think people are also sleeping a bit on the Bucs. Barrett has NINE (!!!) sacks in 4 weeks.

49ers need to stay healthy more than anything.

They do that and they'll eventually get the recognition they deserve.

You can start to see though that the team confidence is rising to a point that they'll pick up the slack for less than perfect situations. That Steeler win was very SEAHAWK-ESQUE in a way a lot of Niners have come to hate the last few years.

I look forward to seeing what Shanahan does to the Browns. Curious how many Browns players and coaches remain from 2014? That was the year Shanahan was there. Perhaps not many guys remain but I can't imagine nobody is left from that team.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
NINEster":1cwz40im said:
Marvin49":1cwz40im said:

49ers need to stay healthy more than anything.

They do that and they'll eventually get the recognition they deserve.

You can start to see though that the team confidence is rising to a point that they'll pick up the slack for less than perfect situations. That Steeler win was very SEAHAWK-ESQUE in a way a lot of Niners have come to hate the last few years.

I look forward to seeing what Shanahan does to the Browns. Curious how many Browns players and coaches remain from 2014? That was the year Shanahan was there. Perhaps not many guys remain but I can't imagine nobody is left from that team.
You can only scheme so much. That Browns' pass rush, when it's on, is lethal.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
THE NINERS HAVE SECURED THE #1 SEED! HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!

Marvin49

Reaction score
bmorepunk":11sfgf4p said:
THE NINERS HAVE SECURED THE #1 SEED! HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!

...says no 49er fan anywhere on this forum.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Mizak":cxkrqswk said:

We're 4 games into the season. Nobody is technically out of the playoff hunt yet. Except the Dolphins. Pretty sure if they won the rest of their games they would still be held out of the playoffs because they'd still suck.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkGA":2eid78pk said:
Mizak":2eid78pk said:

We're 4 games into the season. Nobody is technically out of the playoff hunt yet. Except the Dolphins. Pretty sure if they won the rest of their games they would still be held out of the playoffs because they'd still suck.

I dunno....say what you want about the Dolphins, but the Skins' and Broncos may make them work for that top pick. Broncos at least are trying, but they just lost Chubb for the year.

I feel bad for Elway. OK, I'm lying. I really don't. :D

HawkGA

Reaction score
The Broncos will win some games. Not many, but some. Skins are probably the Dolphins' toughest competition for the #1 pick.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I'm sure the Niners weren't thrilled to have a bye this early. But week 4 was not kind to undefeated teams:

Packers - lost a game they were favored
Rams - lost a game they were huge favorites in
Cowboys - lost a game they were favored

Bills/Patriots - somebody had to win
Lions/Chiefs - somebody had to win

2-5 was the worst possible record for undefeated teams since two games featured undefeated teams matching up - I'd be interested to see if five undefeated teams have ever lost in the same week after week 2.

Niners bye helped them to avoid the downfall of undefeated teams this week.