Emmanuel Sanders traded to the 49ers

iigakusei

Reaction score
I like that trade for the Niners. Good solid WR and didnt give up much.

94Smith

Reaction score
30 catches this year without a drop is what I like. Pettis and Goodwin have both had multiple drops this year despite low targets. Deebo as well. We need sure hands.

94Smith

Reaction score
I don't like that we don't have a 2,3 or 4 next year now, although the 5th given by Denver will likely be higher in the round

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1186716765084094469[/tweet]

Took down my tweet on the other post to consolidate....

What I like: The player. Older and coming off injury, but looks good and I know Shanahan loves him. Also, OC in Denver was Shanahans QB coach last 2 years, so Sanders likely already knows the offense.

What I don't like: Picks. Effectively its a three and moving from possibly bottom of the 4th to top of the 5th, but clearly Niner motivated.

Niners now without a 2 (Dee Ford), 3, or 4 next year but will have 2 5s. I love draft picks so tough one for me, but at least they still have the 1.

Marvin49

Reaction score
94Smith":225piff0 said:
30 catches this year without a drop is what I like. Pettis and Goodwin have both had multiple drops this year despite low targets. Deebo as well. We need sure hands.

Sanders and Samuel....I like that. You still have Goodwin and Talylor and Hurd coming back.

Question now is who gets released. Matthews for sure, but when Taylor and/or Hurd come back...Beathard?

Also wonder if they'll extend him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hate the trade......because you guys got him :lol:
Solid player who rarely drops the ball. Though if they don't extend him, you're giving up a 3rd and a 4th for a rental on a 32 year old receiver.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":g42xmtkr said:
I hate the trade......because you guys got him :lol:
Solid player who rarely drops the ball. Though if they don't extend him, you're giving up a 3rd and a 4th for a rental on a 32 year old receiver.

Thats what I'm sayin.

Gotta think extension is either coming or has been/will be discussed. That much for a rental is way too much and not typically the way they operate.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Good hands, experienced vet to help improve our existing receiver corp, I like it. Shanahan and Lynch must believe we can really make a run and realize we have a few missing pieces to make it happen.

knownone

Reaction score
Garappolo's expected yards is sandwiched between Flacco and Keenum. He's in the top 3 in dumb off passes. The 49ers pretty much had to do something at receiver because those numbers are not sustainable no matter how good your defense is. Sanders is a good one, so we'll see if that helps their passing game turn it around.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That was a good move by them, especially if Deebo's injury keeps him out for a while.

If they had to be pick-light, next year would be the year to do it. They probably will be near the last in pick order and have rebuilt already with more advantagous picks.

Their largest needs struggle this year has been...longsnapper. But they have their original coming off of suspension soon and in any case, longsnapper is not usually a pick priority.

Their QB is not anywhere near elite, but unlike with Kaep, they're not going to try to make him something he's not.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3barx914 said:
That was a good move by them, especially if Deebo's injury keeps him out for a while.

If they had to be pick-light, next year would be the year to do it. They probably will be near the last in pick order and have rebuilt already with more advantagous picks.

Their largest needs struggle this year has been...longsnapper. But they have their original coming off of suspension soon and in any case, longsnapper is not usually a pick priority.

Their QB is not anywhere near elite, but unlike with Kaep, they're not going to try to make him something he's not.

Jimmy Gs talent level remains to be seen, TDs vs INTs. A lot of his INTs are because of deflection by the receivers. Lack of TDs, not saying it's all someone else's fault but again receivers dropped a lot of passes, Coleman had a walk in TD he dropped against LA, quite a few TDs called back because of penalties.

I'm hoping that this acquisition can not only bring experience and talent to our receiver corp but elevate our existing players and QB play.

Braap49er

Reaction score
Marvin, can you please come back to the webzone. We are dying without your thoughts after the game. You are 7 weeks behind. COME BACK !!!!!!!! Just ignore the ignorant fans. The zone isn't the same without you

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Braap49er":12d2w4r7 said:
Marvin, can you please come back to the webzone. We are dying without your thoughts after the game. You are 7 weeks behind. COME BACK !!!!!!!! Just ignore the ignorant fans. The zone isn't the same without you
Lol.. :irishdrinkers:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Braap49er":2bd3pfic said:

LOL.

I'll probably post something there after game 8.

As for the rest, yeah, the Niner Longsnapper was activated today and his replacement was released.

I'm on the fence on this trade. I like the player, but I don't think their pass game really makes any kind of turnaround until the tackles are back and they have some sense of protection for slightly longer developing patterns.

James in PA

Reaction score
Who needs Sanu or Sanders? According to Pete and Russ, every time we lose it’s because we beat ourselves with uncharacteristic mistakes. Everything we do wrong is always fixable. No team is actually “better” than us. We got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No if’s and’s or but’s, great move for the Niner’s as much as it kills me to say that.
Was hoping the Hawks were going to snag him.