Jason Garrett

HawkGA

Reaction score
Is anybody else surprised he hasn't been fired yet? I mean, I know Jerry came out and said he wasn't changing coaches in season but it seems like the team responded to that by daring to get worse and force his hand.

I personally am fine with them not changing coaches at this point because I just see a team that is spiraling down and changing coaches could give them the jolt they need.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Not surprised as Richard, Kitna, etc. are all seen as being as or more mediocre than Garrett.

Plus it's still likely that they'll win the Least to get in the dance. And that's what Jerruh wants, saying "hey, we made da playoffs."

I read Jerry's kid talked to Urban Meyer. Whatever stresses at Ohio State will just compound at Dallas and that's because of the owner. Urban could go to a dozen franchises this year that don't have the owner breathing down on him if he wants to coach NFL, so Jerrah's gonna have to give him (or whoever) a Texas size contract just to be there.

Jerrah's antics got him the new stadium. It got him at least eight national or near national games in 2019. Jerrah's not seeing this as a missed season b/c Da Playoffs, and until he's buried for at least three 2-14 type seasons, he'll be resurrecting himself.

Hell, Jerrah might as well be the coach or delegate it to his kid. More attention for him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Clayton was saying, that Jonsey didn't like firing Wade Phillips during the middle of the season so it maybe why he hasn't been fired. Also, you have to take a look at who the immediate replacement will be, if there's none that can at least be on par with the OG coach, then why bother?

Read Cowboys maybe interested in Chris Peterson...there's connections.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":bydpg673 said:
Clayton was saying, that Jonsey didn't like firing Wade Phillips during the middle of the season so it maybe why he hasn't been fired. Also, you have to take a look at who the immediate replacement will be, if there's none that can at least be on par with the OG coach, then why bother?

I don’t think Peterson wants to be in that pressure cooker in *allas.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":v96y5ys5 said:
Bobblehead":v96y5ys5 said:

I don’t think Peterson wants to be in that pressure cooker in *allas.

I don't think so either and also like JClayton said, Peterson is a very suited for college level, Peterson knows it and doubts he will ever pursue football professionally.

xray

Reaction score
And another hoax of the year award :0190l:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2s6p539g said:
Uncle Si":2s6p539g said:
xray":2s6p539g said:

What's the hoax?
I think it's meant as a substitute for, or if you prefer a play on 'Coach of the Year'

Got it... i'm a bit slow this morning I guess

Thought there was some intrigue... instead it's just a slow death march

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to work for Jerry Jones? This guy is like Al Davis Redux ! Jerry needs to let his coach and GM do their jobs rather than sticking his nose in every aspect of the game. That is why I always liked Paul Allen.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BigBill1945":3kunstmn said:
Why would anyone want to work for Jerry Jones? This guy is like Al Davis Redux ! Jerry needs to let his coach and GM do their jobs rather than sticking his nose in every aspect of the game. That is why I always liked Paul Allen.
Before he got old and the alcohol took it's toll, Al was one of the greatest football minds in the history of the game.
Jerruh is one of the greatest football buffoons in the history of the game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2i1jr9sy said:
hawksfansinceday1":2i1jr9sy said:
Uncle Si":2i1jr9sy said:
xray":2i1jr9sy said:

What's the hoax?
I think it's meant as a substitute for, or if you prefer a play on 'Coach of the Year'

Got it... i'm a bit slow this morning I guess

Thought there was some intrigue... instead it's just a slow death march
Oh it took me a while too

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2gljsrd2 said:
BigBill1945":2gljsrd2 said:
Before he got old and the alcohol took it's toll, Al was one of the greatest football minds in the history of the game.
Jerruh is one of the greatest football buffoons in the history of the game.
I think it's assumed that any reference to Al is to the modern day version of Al. At least I always read it that way, but he did have a 20/30 year run of goodness. I loved those old nasty/dirty defenses they had. Lester Hays was my favorite player when I was young. Him and LC Greenwood with the yellow nikes

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I'm surprised he still has his job. But I guess they will fire him at the end of the year. Even more shocking is the fact that they are actually still in the playoff hunt and fighting for the division with that record.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If part of the reason he hasn't been fired yet is "none of the staff deserves taking over" that's a big hit to his assistants. Richard got a lot of positive talk after last year and early this year Moore was being talked up very highly about taking that offensive talent to the next level. None of that worked out.

As for why anyone would want to work for Jones, that's still a high profile position that I think any coach with an ego (and at this level they all have one) could covet, thinking of the glory if they could be the one get Dallas a Super Bowl after a long wait

olyfan63

Reaction score
Narcissist PD Jerry Jones would appeal to a Narcissist PD coach, and they would understand each other.
Trouble is finding one of those in a coach these days. Vast majority of good coaches are just decent guys, teachers, leaders, at their core, in order to have success.

The other type of coach would be someone who has the near-narcissist strength of ego and belief in themselves, and feels they just need a shot, and have calculated that putting up with Jerruh would be worth it. Or a recycled has-been, desperate for another shot. But they'll have to convince Jerruh, who will no doubt be pursuing whatever latest shiny object has the attention of NFL self-declared thought leaders this month.

I would say, how about Mike Leach, but I don't think Leach and Jones would work.
Can't at all see Chris Peterson in that role. My guess... we'd be talking personalities like Steve Spurrier (of a decade ago). Except Spurrier didn't do well coaching for Redskins owner Dan Snyder. Someone like Jon Gruden could probably survive and thrive in the Dallas environment, for a time anyway, and he'd probably find a way to win enough to stick around a few years, while compiling a Jason-Garrett-like record. Moot point as he's under contract with the Raiders.