John Lynch Goes Inside the 49ers' Blueprint to Get Back to t

Jville

Reaction score
The story of the 2019 49ers started and ended with their dominant defensive line. It came together in March and April, with the acquisitions of Dee Ford and Nick Bosa bringing the total of former first-rounders in the group to five. The group took off early in the season, with those two, and DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, Solomon Thomas and Co. taking over. And the season finished with that unit owning the first three quarters of the Super Bowl, before Mahomes led the Chiefs to three scores in five minutes.

Lynch knew the story of the 2020 49ers would start there, too......................

John Lynch Goes Inside the 49ers' Blueprint to Get Back to the Super Bowl >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/04/john-lynch-san-francisco-49ers-offseason-reload[/urltargetblank]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hope he has fun dealing with the Super Bowl loser curse this year. 8)

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
We were the only team to figure them out last year besides the Falcons. Twice. Should have won the second game and everyone knows it. They weren't as dominate as every analyst claimed they were and honestly...they were an overrated d line. They were tough, but not great. Stats ok. Buckner was there best player and he is gone now. They will take a step back this year defensively. Fred Warner is a good little player. Erik armstead bahahaha.

94Smith

Reaction score
Buckner wasn't the best player on the line, Bosa was.

sdog1981

Reaction score
94Smith":2jm8s19e said:
Buckner wasn't the best player on the line, Bosa was.

You would think he had 17 sacks and 5 forced fumbles, with the way people were talking about the guy. He had 9 sacks with 2 in 16 games.

Let's just relax and see what he can do with a full season with less talent on the Dline.

Reaction score
Less talent?... You realize they got the best pass rushing DT in the draft, right?

Buckner will be tough to replace. But they didn't take much of a step back.

Edit: And I looked up their PFF scores (yeah, whatever... It's a good baseline though) and Buckner was the worst star on that line. Dee Ford, Nick Bosa and Arik Armstead all played better.

Stanley

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1jqaraty said:
We were the only team to figure them out last year besides the Falcons. Twice. Should have won the second game and everyone knows it. They weren't as dominate as every analyst claimed they were and honestly...they were an overrated d line. They were tough, but not great. Stats ok. Buckner was there best player and he is gone now. They will take a step back this year defensively. Fred Warner is a good little player. Erik armstead bahahaha.

But guess you lost the second game. Just like the 9ers lost the first game, a game they beat themselves in, with a depleted roster.

Sense a little frustration in your post :lol:

Marvin49

Reaction score
LOL.

I like how the Seahawks should have won the second game but there is no talk about the missed field goal or missing Kittle and Sanders in the first meeting. That's convenient memory. Before anyone comments, YES, I remember the RB situation in Seattle for that final game. That ain't my point. This is:

This stuff happens with divisional foes. Seattle, Arizona, and LA will always be tough outs regardless of everyone's respective record.

As for this year?

You don't lose DeForest Buckner and move on without some drop off. I like Kinlaw, but even if he turns out to be everything Buckner was or even if he ends up being better, it won't happen this year.

Here's the rub tho. He doesn't have to be. They won't be the same team this year for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Buckner.

1) QB: It'll be nice getting Jimmy a chance now with a year of experience and no ACL to rehab from.
2) WR: WOW this position group should be different. First off, you now have an experienced Deebo. Second, the only reason the Sanders trade was necessary was injury at the position. Now they get Jalen Hurd (whom Peter King said looked like a ROTY candidate in August and reinforced that looked very good in his only preseason game), Trent Taylor (Jimmys favorite target in 2017) back from injury AND add Aiyuk to the mix.
3) Bosa now is completely recovered from surgery his last collegiate year and has a year under his belt.
4) Given how injured we now know Staley was last year even when he was playing, its hard to imagine Trent Williams being anything but an upgrade, particularly when you compare him to Skule who started half the season at LT.

I could go on. I'm making no guarantees, but there are a TON of reasons to think this team is BETTER next year, not worse, even with a probable step back among the defensive front 4. That's not to say they WILL be better, but no team stays the same.

Perhaps there is a drop off. I see a lot of reasons to be excited this year...should they like, you know...play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stanley":2f4sj4h7 said:
jamescasey1124":2f4sj4h7 said:

But guess you lost the second game. Just like the 9ers lost the first game, a game they beat themselves in, with a depleted roster.

You act like Seattle didn’t have any injuries in the second game. Down to the 4th string running back and a guy (Lynch) that hadn’t played all year. Down to our practice squad TE (4th string) plus other injuries. Your team won by a foot and DPI no-call.

How was your Super Bowl parade in February?

Enjoy your Super Bowl hangover, we will. 8)

sdog1981

Reaction score
QuickLightning":1bqv0vnh said:
Less talent?... You realize they got the best pass rushing DT in the draft, right?

Buckner will be tough to replace. But they didn't take much of a step back.

Edit: And I looked up their PFF scores (yeah, whatever... It's a good baseline though) and Buckner was the worst star on that line. Dee Ford, Nick Bosa and Arik Armstead all played better.

A rookie dude, a rookie. Let's just slow that roll until January 2021.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3uzvbadw said:
Stanley":3uzvbadw said:
jamescasey1124":3uzvbadw said:

You act like Seattle didn’t have any injuries in the second game. Down to the 4th string running back and a guy (Lynch) that hadn’t played all year. Down to our practice squad TE (4th string) plus other injuries. Your team won by a foot and DPI no-call.

Super bowl parade sucked, much like your last one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":mbo97rx9 said:
Sports Hernia":mbo97rx9 said:
Stanley":mbo97rx9 said:
jamescasey1124":mbo97rx9 said:

Could be worse, at least we’ve had one this century. So there is that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Washington49er":2xjf8g0a said:

Super bowl parade sucked, much like your last one.[/quote]

Is this a joke? You would have to be almost 60 to remember every 49er parade.

NINEster

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3s3m82vw said:

Falcons was a trap game. And not exactly Shanahan's best effort either.......I think Kittle caught 10 consecutive passes at one point.

Both 49er/Seahawk games the Niners cruised out to comfortable leads. Only difference was in the second game despite the much more hostile environment, they didn't lose half their offense to injury.

Of course the way the league is setup with their Russell Wilson infatuation, it was going to come down to the wire.

Rams and Cardinals really figured out the Seahawks towards the end there, if the Falcons "figured" the Niners out.

+7 point differential 11-5 vs +169 13-3..........they took the word luck straight from the Colts QB retired jersey and ran with it.

Should be fun to see another year of that. Maybe the NFL's first 14-2 team with a -2 point differential. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":37cige5w said:
jamescasey1124":37cige5w said:

Falcons was a trap game. And not exactly Shanahan's best effort either.......I think Kittle caught 10 consecutive passes at one point.

Both 49er/Seahawk games the Niners cruised out to comfortable leads. Only difference was in the second game despite the much more hostile environment, they didn't lose half their offense to injury.

Of course the way the league is setup with their Russell Wilson infatuation, it was going to come down to the wire.

Rams and Cardinals really figured out the Seahawks towards the end there, if the Falcons "figured" the Niners out.

+7 point differential 11-5 vs +169 13-3..........they took the word luck straight from the Colts QB retired jersey and ran with it.

Should be fun to see another year of that. Maybe the NFL's first 14-2 team with a -2 point differential. :2thumbs:
LMAO!
Thanks for the comedy. No way the Niners are going 14-2 after choking in the Super Bowl.
The Super Bowl curse is real, there is a season’s worth of game tape on Crappollo, and the 4th quarter meltdown shows how you beat Crappollo.

Reaction score
sdog1981":5mxjmfer said:
Washington49er":5mxjmfer said:

Is this a joke? You would have to be almost 60 to remember every 49er parade.

I feel like this was intended to be an insult, but then came out as praise for a deep history of success...

Washington49er

Reaction score
sdog1981":1wwzbf1d said:
Washington49er":1wwzbf1d said:

Is this a joke? You would have to be almost 60 to remember every 49er parade.[/quote]

Wow you can do math. I'm 57

sdog1981

Reaction score

Wow you can do math. I'm 57[/quote]

I see you are a man of science too.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Marvin49":vfpnzhon said:
LOL.

I like how the Seahawks should have won the second game but there is no talk about the missed field goal or missing Kittle and Sanders in the first meeting. That's convenient memory. Before anyone comments, YES, I remember the RB situation in Seattle for that final game. That ain't my point. This is:

This stuff happens with divisional foes. Seattle, Arizona, and LA will always be tough outs regardless of everyone's respective record.

As for this year?

You don't lose DeForest Buckner and move on without some drop off. I like Kinlaw, but even if he turns out to be everything Buckner was or even if he ends up being better, it won't happen this year.

Here's the rub tho. He doesn't have to be. They won't be the same team this year for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with Buckner.

1) QB: It'll be nice getting Jimmy a chance now with a year of experience and no ACL to rehab from.
2) WR: WOW this position group should be different. First off, you now have an experienced Deebo. Second, the only reason the Sanders trade was necessary was injury at the position. Now they get Jalen Hurd (whom Peter King said looked like a ROTY candidate in August and reinforced that looked very good in his only preseason game), Trent Taylor (Jimmys favorite target in 2017) back from injury AND add Aiyuk to the mix.
3) Bosa now is completely recovered from surgery his last collegiate year and has a year under his belt.
4) Given how injured we now know Staley was last year even when he was playing, its hard to imagine Trent Williams being anything but an upgrade, particularly when you compare him to Skule who started half the season at LT.

I could go on. I'm making no guarantees, but there are a TON of reasons to think this team is BETTER next year, not worse, even with a probable step back among the defensive front 4. That's not to say they WILL be better, but no team stays the same.

Perhaps there is a drop off. I see a lot of reasons to be excited this year...should they like, you know...play.

You keep telling yourself that.

It's funny how only SF's injuries are of any note , but with 5 top 10 first round picks on your defensive front , SF was
in danger of losing to an incomplete Seahawks team and needed a obvious grotesque PI in the endzone to be gift wrapped the NFC west and home field.

WE HAVE ARMED ROBBERS !!!