Its official: I hate the Broncos again

pehawk

Reaction score
Simple, stupid post. I apologize. But, I hate the Broncos, and can't wait to see their faceplant.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I detest Elway, and want him to fail miserably. I want to see his Tebow Touchdown Face forever a part of his legacy.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
And then you add Peyton, who I personally have ALWAYS found repugnent.

Peyton is the kid who cried after every loss in Pop Warner through 9th grade, and we'd tease that his dad beat him for poor performance on the field. The latter usually brought on surprise tears. I hated those kids.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Elway and Peyton both have a house of mirrors face.

The Radish

Reaction score
pehawk":itbgtdgv said:
And then you add Peyton, who I personally have ALWAYS found repugnent.

Peyton is the kid who cried after every loss in Pop Warner through 9th grade, and we'd tease that his dad beat him for poor performance on the field. The latter usually brought on surprise tears. I hated those kids.

One of the biggest whiners in football was old man Archie Manning. and there are those here that are stupid enough to suggest he was a "top rank" QB. The only part of being top rank about him was his ability to always be injured or at least dinged up so he had some excuse for throwing passes to spectators.

I got so tired of Payton's commercials I stopped doing business with anyone that he did promos for.

:les:

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Ha! Good man, Les. And for once, I appreciate your yarn of yesteryear. Archie's before my time.

The Radish

Reaction score
pehawk":3q3mrde1 said:
Ha! Good man, Les. And for once, I appreciate your yarn of yesteryear. Archie's before my time.

And remember this was during the time of Joe Montana. I used to laugh at the talking heads talking about what a great QB matchup Ain'ts and Ninnirs was going to be and then SF winning by 30 points.

:th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3v850vy4 said:
It still cracks me up that they lost Dumervil over a faxing machine mishap.

I still am not certain it wasn't intentional, personally. I hope it hurts their defense, though; he was good. Not elite like Von Miller, but still; good.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zoakz1l said:
Sarlacc83":1zoakz1l said:
It still cracks me up that they lost Dumervil over a faxing machine mishap.

I still am not certain it wasn't intentional, personally. I hope it hurts their defense, though; he was good. Not elite like Von Miller, but still; good.

I think it was mentioned in that Grantland article about player value that Dumervil and Von Miller might have been equally as important to each other's success. It will be interesting to see if Von Miller sees a decline this year because there's no longer two crazy rushers on that team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm sure it'll affect Miller, but Miller has graded very highly in every aspect of the game, including stuff outside of pass rushing. He'll be fine. Their pressure will suffer, and accordingly, so will their secondary; especially since nobody's going to be afraid to throw at Champ Bailey now that Flacco exposed him in the playoffs last year. He can't ride on his name/glory years reputation anymore.

Denver's in trouble. Go Chargers!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
"Go Chargers!", Word!

McCoy's a savant offensively. Not quite Harbaugh, but dude's pretty clever.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Even though I like Manning, I wholeheartedly support and endorse most of this thread.

But I can't bring myself to say "Go Chargers!" because I utterly hate Philip Rivers. I think the team in the AFCW I hate the least is probably KC these days. Plus, if Alex Smith does well, it makes it look less like the 49ers fleeced the Chiefs in that trade, which I can get behind.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":zjm3iamw said:
Even though I like Manning, I wholeheartedly support and endorse most of this thread.

But I can't bring myself to say "Go Chargers!" because I utterly hate Philip Rivers. I think the team in the AFCW I hate the least is probably KC these days. Plus, if Alex Smith does well, it makes it look less like the 49ers fleeced the Chiefs in that trade, which I can get behind.

The Chiefs have been my dark horse pick for a wild card this year. I continue to be a big fan of Jamaal Charles, and they've got a lot of good players on that roster.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":3m76mve6 said:
And remember this was during the time of Joe Montana. I used to laugh at the talking heads talking about what a great QB matchup Ain'ts and Ninnirs was going to be and then SF winning by 30 points.

Memories, we all have our own.

If we want to talk facts, Montana (9'ers) faced Manning (aints) 6 times. This came at the end of Mannings career and the beginning of Montana's.

1979 - Saints (8-8) beat 49'ers (2-14) in both games; 30-21, 31-20. Manning's 9th year, Montana's 1st year.

1980 - 49'ers (6-10) beat Saints (1-15) in both games; 26-23, 38-35.

1981 - 49'ers (13-3) beat Saints (4-12) in both games; 21-14, 21-17. 49'ers win SB that year.

Manning went on to play parts of 2 seasons with Oilers & Vikings.

No doubt Montana had a better career. Manning played on a crap team, Montana was part of a great team and organization.

Sometimes great players become great because of the circumstances they get put in. Reverse the two, Montana with the Saints of the '70's, and Manning with the 49'ers of the '80's, and we probably have different views on both of them.

BTW, didn't see any 30 point blowouts. :roll: :les:

The Radish

Reaction score
DTexHawk":11qna3s6 said:
The Radish":11qna3s6 said:

Memories, we all have our own.

If we want to talk facts, Montana (9'ers) faced Manning (aints) 6 times. This came at the end of Mannings career and the beginning of Montana's.

1979 - Saints (8-8) beat 49'ers (2-14) in both games; 30-21, 31-20. Manning's 9th year, Montana's 1st year.

1980 - 49'ers (6-10) beat Saints (1-15) in both games; 26-23, 38-35.

1981 - 49'ers (13-3) beat Saints (4-12) in both games; 21-14, 21-17. 49'ers win SB that year.

Manning went on to play parts of 2 seasons with Oilers & Vikings.

No doubt Montana had a better career. Manning played on a crap team, Montana was part of a great team and organization.

Sometimes great players become great because of the circumstances they get put in. Reverse the two, Montana with the Saints of the '70's, and Manning with the 49'ers of the '80's, and we probably have different views on both of them.

BTW, didn't see any 30 point blowouts. :roll: :les:

Agreed, all you saw was goggle. I was merely going off my memory of what an idiot Archie Manning was to me. Since I missed the scores please accept my profound apologys. You are truly the king of scores between NO and SF in those years. Well not actually the king since you needed goggles to see that. Maybe just a dusty prince

:les:

NinerBuff

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ngp8nw1 said:
I'm sure it'll affect Miller, but Miller has graded very highly in every aspect of the game, including stuff outside of pass rushing. He'll be fine. Their pressure will suffer, and accordingly, so will their secondary; especially since nobody's going to be afraid to throw at Champ Bailey now that Flacco exposed him in the playoffs last year. He can't ride on his name/glory years reputation anymore.

Denver's in trouble. Go Chargers!

Their first 4 games:

Opening Thurday at home vs. the Ravens
Week 2: At Giants
Week 3: Raiders
Week 4: Philly

Without a viable pass rush, I can see them stumbling out of the gates (0-2), but I just can't see them losing either home game vs. the Raiders or Philly. Plus, the AFC is generally week, with the only possible contender in their division being the Chiefs...

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Dtex, I thought we talked about the "you're wrong" gimmick.

KC is oozing talent.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pehawk":25rfmggh said:
KC is oozing talent.

So were the 49ers prior to Douchebaugh; didn't help 'em then. Reid paying that much for Smith would worry me mightily if I were a Chiefs fan.