Hines Ward.....

Axx

Reaction score
He literally just said Golden Tate is a "Faster version of his self" in the KC vs Den half time show....

chris98251

Reaction score
No not really, Ward was a cheap shot artist as well, tough sure but a cheap shot guy none the less.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
chris98251":rt4o9p2i said:
No not really, Ward was a cheap shot artist as well, tough sure but a cheap shot guy none the less.

Sean Lee treatment?

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":3myaayfu said:

He probably was excluding that part. As was I.

That aside, they are incredibly similar. More so than the Steve Smith comparisons, IMO.

chris98251

Reaction score
That was a bad call and a legit block on Lee. Wilson was being persued and he was blocking his blind side, Lee was not a defenseless player.

HawkWow

Reaction score
That was an awesome block. Totally fair. But come to think of it, I never really seen Ward taking a lot of cheap shots. He always had that rep, but sometimes stuff gets overblown. Ward was a fierce competitor and probably got more personal fouls than any WR in history, but mostly from retaliating after being cheap shot. I'd have to see some of these cheap shots before I'd be willing to call Ward "dirty". It's a very fine line, as we know.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tate's push in the back of the Packer could be considered a cheap shot. Real cheap, actually.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ward was a terrific blocker, that is also where a lot of hand check and cheap shots occur, not his routes so much, then he's at the mercy of the defense and not the aggressor and retaliates and gets caught.

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":24hy38uk said:
Ward was a terrific blocker, that is also where a lot of hand check and cheap shots occur, not his routes so much, then he's at the mercy of the defense and not the aggressor and retaliates and gets caught.

Agreed. I hated Ward for ONLY one reason. We all know that reason and hate that team. I'm sure Tate will be flattered by Ward's generosity in that comparison. As he should be. I pray Tate stays with us and goes onto have a very Hines Ward career. And I think he will.

Now Steve Smith? that's the cheap shot punk / artist.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkWow":1cjse77o said:
Tate's push in the back of the Packer could be considered a cheap shot. Real cheap, actually.
No, that's called offensive pass interference.

noflyzone

Reaction score
I respect the hell out of Hines even though he was a Steeler. Steve Smith is great too. Cheap shots or not, ever player on the field is trying to find an edge they can get away with. Look at our secondary.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
If Tate is <= Ward ( which I do agree) then I believe Harvin = Rice. My opinion of course, but I remember Rice very well at 25 and he was on a similar trajectory as Harvin

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Happypuppy":14098zc7 said:
If Tate is <= Ward ( which I do agree) then I believe Harvin = Rice. My opinion of course, but I remember Rice very well at 25 and he was on a similar trajectory as Harvin
:?:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Happypuppy":qz52i3ri said:

LOl might wanna get those eyes checked brother

nanomoz

Reaction score
That's a massive, massive compliment in my eyes. Hines was one of the most physical, clutch receivers (and "skill position" blockers) in the NFL for 10+ years.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I went to UCSF and saw a lot of 49er games selling stuff at the Stick. when rice was just starting including camps. He did very little his first 11/2 seasons then caught fire. Harvin is the only player I gave see that is as quick off the line and cuts. Harvin has another gear he didn't.

Tate has more power than ward. He runs harder.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hines was a cheapshot artist and an assclown! When I see his face on TV I want to punch him in the mouth.