Hines Ward.....

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2px89pk4 said:
Hines was a cheapshot artist and an assclown! When I see his face on TV I want to punch him in the mouth.

But as I stated earlier, I doubt Ward was comparing he and Tate based on shared personalities. Hate Ward or not, he was a beast and a nitemare for his opposition. HUGE compliment and I can't think of a better comparison for Tate, actually.

irocdave

Reaction score
I made this comparison last year after the Packers game. Tate is a player you hate if he's not on your team, same as Ward. I hate Ward but love Tate. He needs to be resigned, his awareness on the field is second to none. He is so hard to take down, he reminds me of a crab walking on the beach, always seems to have a leg under him and extends the play after contact.

HawkWow

Reaction score
irocdave":r5bjnndr said:
I made this comparison last year after the Packers game. Tate is a player you hate if he's not on your team, same as Ward. I hate Ward but love Tate. He needs to be resigned, his awareness on the field is second to none. He is so hard to take down, he reminds me of a crab walking on the beach, always seems to have a leg under him and extends the play after contact.

Wanna see some fireworks in this thread? Watch this:

All things considered, I would take Tate over Harvin. No, not trolling. I mean it. And my reasons many.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":1a41tuje said:
irocdave":1a41tuje said:

All things considered, I would take Tate over Harvin. No, not trolling. I mean it. And my reasons many.
I think you're crazy but I'd love to see those reasons. For entertainment if nothing else.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1fsuv3dr said:
Another good comparison for Tate is Steve Smith of the Panthers.

Both run like RBs after the catch, but I think Tate is much slicker. Aside from being a jerk, Smith has a very jerky running style. That adds to his perceived quickness, but I think Tate is faster, probably quicker, too. Additionally, we don't see Tate getting caught up in one on one personal battles, like we see Smith in, week in and week out. A good comparison just the same.

drrew

Reaction score
Happypuppy":idy4z4ny said:
I went to UCSF and saw a lot of 49er games selling stuff at the Stick. when rice was just starting including camps. He did very little his first 11/2 seasons then caught fire. Harvin is the only player I gave see that is as quick off the line and cuts. Harvin has another gear he didn't.

Rice had 49 catches for 927 yards as a rookie
In his second year, he had 41 catches for 830 yards....in just the first 8 games.

Your memory has failed you.

Percy Harvin is a very unique player and should be a great weapon for years to come, Jerry Rice is one of the two or three greatest players ever, to compare them is silly.

HawkWow

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":cidwx9j5 said:
HawkWow":cidwx9j5 said:
irocdave":cidwx9j5 said:

I think you're crazy but I'd love to see those reasons. For entertainment if nothing else.

ROFLMAO, hey, did you get the snip yet...or are you still tucking it? Entertain us, bro!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":2fh580q0 said:
KCHawkGirl":2fh580q0 said:
HawkWow":2fh580q0 said:
irocdave":2fh580q0 said:

ROFLMAO, hey, did you get the snip yet...or are you still tucking it? Entertain us, bro!
You're the one that has a list of reasons so enlighten me already before I get bored ok? My gender should never be your concern given it has no relevance to any discussion on this board or forum focused on football.

Seriously I am curious about this list. The premise isn't if Tate is good or possibly elite but defacto better than Harvin. You set the parameters not myself.

HawkWow

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3u4hghyb said:
I think you're crazy but I'd love to see those reasons. For entertainment if nothing else.[/quote]

ROFLMAO, hey, did you get the snip yet...or are you still tucking it? Entertain us, bro![/quote]
You're the one that has a list of reasons so enlighten me already before I get bored ok? My gender should never be your concern given it has no relevance to any discussion on this board or forum focused on football.[/quote]

If you knew a bit more about the sport of football, or Tate and Harvin in particular, you'd be able to formulate your own reasons why Tate might have some pros over Harvin. Cost, durability and attitude should come to mind. Go away now, you're freaking me out.

slipwax

Reaction score
HawkWow":28yhzzm0 said:
KCHawkGirl":28yhzzm0 said:

ROFLMAO, hey, did you get the snip yet...or are you still tucking it? Entertain us, bro![/quote]
You're the one that has a list of reasons so enlighten me already before I get bored ok? My gender should never be your concern given it has no relevance to any discussion on this board or forum focused on football.[/quote]

If you knew a bit more about the sport of football, or Tate and Harvin in particular, you'd be able to formulate your own reasons why Tate might have some pros over Harvin. Cost, durability and attitude should come to mind. Go away now, you're freaking me out.[/quote]

Attack the post, not the poster? This seems ban-worthy

HawkWow

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":labpclaz said:
So you actually have no reasons beyond making personal attacks? How disappointing.

Let me explain. You have a tendency of talking to others as though you are above them, they bore you. You act jaded, believing that somehow makes you superior, more intelligent. That might work with some, it don't work with me. You may notice I never quote you, or reply to you. I resist that, while tempting, out of respect for the forum.

I made a simple comment, all things considered, I would take Tate over Harvin and I stand by that. Your comment "I think you're crazy, but give me your reasons, for entertainment purposes, if nothing else". I am not here to entertain you. Understand that. I've watched you do the same to countless other posters and I think it's crass, even ugly, but not my business. But when you choose to speak down to me, do know, I will not tolerate it.

In this example, you apparently thought someone would have to be crazy to want Tate over Harvin...actually, you saw an opportunity to flex your delusional all-knowingness. Are you familiar with the concept of loyalty? That's just another reason to keep Tate over Harvin (if that choice had to be made). That, and we could sign both Tate and Baldwin for the price of Harvin alone. I guess I need to inform you of the record setting pace this team is on...with Tate, not Harvin. But you would kick Tate to the curb if given the choice? That says a lot about who you are, IMO.

I LMAO when I think of the comments that would have followed, had Harvin signed with SF, instead of us. I will leave you with that. Just try to imagine what you would have to say about St. Percy in that scenario. I am sorry if I offended you personally. Shouldn't have. I don't expect the same apology from you. I will now put you on ignore and ask that you do the same with me.

Take care and aloha. Peace.

HawkWow

Reaction score
slipwax":mdc3qz0u said:
HawkWow":mdc3qz0u said:
KCHawkGirl":mdc3qz0u said:

If you knew a bit more about the sport of football, or Tate and Harvin in particular, you'd be able to formulate your own reasons why Tate might have some pros over Harvin. Cost, durability and attitude should come to mind. Go away now, you're freaking me out.[/quote]

Attack the post, not the poster? This seems ban-worthy[/quote]

And just who TF are you? Run along, mind your own business. You're daddy should have taught you that. Practice this time proven philosophy and I'll feel good in knowing I might have just saved a life. But you too go on ignore. Definitely not the sort of person I want to read.

slipwax

Reaction score
You've broken my heart. Still surprised that .net would allow this bigotry to go unchecked

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's not a huge loss trust me. I would be ecstatic if he IL'd me and if I am on his ignore list mission accomplished.

skater18000

Reaction score
chris98251":5smlqi4b said:
That was a bad call and a legit block on Lee. Wilson was being persued and he was blocking his blind side, Lee was not a defenseless player.

There was no penalty on Golden Tate, but there was a late hut on Russell after the play. Tate was later fined.