Jacoby Ford released by Jets -potential PR for Seahawks?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jacoby Ford was just released by the Jets. I thought he was one of the top punt returners in he league the past few years, he is WR but could he be worth a look at PR. Just to save Thomas and others in that dept.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hey could be an option, but I just don't see a spot for a pure punt returner on this team.

blkhwk

Reaction score
I think the 'Hawks have their punt returner.

We are all worried about ET getting hurt running back a punt, but when you look at the speed he plays the game, we should probably worry every defensive snap!

For every Jason Seehorn (KR) getting hurt, there is a D. Sanders who returned punts his whole career w/o incident.

kobebryant

Reaction score
hawkfan68":34kv1abc said:
Jacoby Ford was just released by the Jets. I thought he was one of the top punt returners in he league the past few years, he is WR but could he be worth a look at PR. Just to save Thomas and others in that dept.

You thought wrong. Or were thinking of someone else.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kobebryant":267vq6ff said:
hawkfan68":267vq6ff said:

You thought wrong. Or were thinking of someone else.

You're right. He's not that great PR but he's a pretty good KR and the Seahawks already have one of the best at that.

sutz

Reaction score
I agree with the guy up thread who commented that we don't probably want a 'pure' punt returner. We need guys that do more than one thing, so having Thomas do it is a plus in some ways.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
At this point adding him would cost a roster spot for Pryor. Norwood, or Spencer Ware, guys with actual potential.

Hawks46

Reaction score
OP can answer his own question easily....who do we release to put Ford on the team ?

He might be a good punt returner, but he couldn't hang on a Jets team that is desperate for WR help.

I also agree with the poster saying that Thomas is more likely to get hurt flying up and making a tackle on a RB than getting hit on a PR.