Baldwin takes shot at Goodell

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

Scottemojo

Reaction score
get ready for "offensive pass interference, number 89, 10 yards" next game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Man the overreaction to this whole thing is beyond ridiculous. Frankly the new video is irrelevant. Everyone had an idea what happened, you don't need a video to see that. Furthermore as a general rule of thumb it's bad management to base policy decisions based on emotions. Usually one doesn't think properly in those situations. The new policy implemented is good, I think the commish should have given him the 6 games and given the money to the wife in a account only she could access for her troubles, why should she be punished twice.

kearly

Reaction score
brimsalabim":13geylgb said:
BDB doesn't even make sense. The two situations aren't even remotely similar.

Ballsy Doug Baldwin?

mikeak

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3t2sp93u said:
Man the overreaction to this whole thing is beyond ridiculous. Frankly the new video is irrelevant. Everyone had an idea what happened, you don't need a video to see that. Furthermore as a general rule of thumb it's bad management to base policy decisions based on emotions. Usually one doesn't think properly in those situations. The new policy implemented is good, I think the commish should have given him the 6 games and given the money to the wife in a account only she could access for her troubles, why should she be punished twice.

I am with you to about 75% :)

1) the reaction pisses me off because the outrage should have been there from day 1
2) Ravens should have done more. I say offered him to keep his spot, not play all year if he donated his full salary to domestic abuse victims

The league would have looked better, Ray would have looked better and Goodell would have looked better

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1bzp4w7w said:
Rog is not the victim in this, he is getting his just desserts IMHO!
Rofl, I'm calling you out the next time you claim to want to wait for all the facts whenever a player's accused of something. Next Seahawk that gets popped for something, you best be assuming guilt right off the bat. Just sayin'.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I dont really get the outrage.... So people are saying Roger and the NFL dropped the ball because they didn't punish Ray Rice more severally sooner? So even if we assume it's a 100% true statement that more action should have been taken sooner, who cares? In my mind a later ruling didn't affect anything. So Rice got to practice with his team for a couple months while the investigation was going on, still is banned for a long while, and never played a regular season snap anyway. So remind me what the problem is exactly?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know..while he's still the commissioner, and there's a good chance he's not going to get fired. If I were a player...I'd just keep my social media mouth shut.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":9lhtkwi0 said:
So remind me what the problem is exactly?
The problem for me is the NFL (Goodell) meted out a 2-game suspension to Rice based on what the courts did (i.e., pre-trial intervention/counseling)... claiming that is their policy (follow the court's decision)... yet knowing full well that Rice punched his fiance so hard that she was unconscious... but since the video of her actually getting punched was not made public, Goodell hid behind what the courts decided and did not make a moral stand... that's the key.

Now that the inside-the-elevator video is public, Goodell looks like an idiot for his former decision... and he's back pedaling so fast it's ridiculous.

In hindsight, Goodell should have foreseen the public's outcry when the video went public (the video always does, eventually)... and suspended Rice indefinitely from the start.

What remains to be understood is how far up in the commish's office was the inside-the-elevator video tape made known?

Also, the way that Rice treated his fiance's body while she was unconscious was utterly disrespectful.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27p9z2tu said:
Sports Hernia":27p9z2tu said:
Rog is not the victim in this, he is getting his just desserts IMHO!
Rofl, I'm calling you out the next time you claim to want to wait for all the facts whenever a player's accused of something. Next Seahawk that gets popped for something, you best be assuming guilt right off the bat. Just sayin'.
Edited by radish for language attacking a poster rather than a post.

As for stuff that isn't the DV issue, the game isn't broken quit trying to fix it with by replacing a perfectly good engine when all you have to do is fine tune some things. Let the players play and make officiating less of an issue not more of an issue.

If Rog survives this, hopefully it's a wake up call and he realizes that he needs to keep his ego out of things that should be rational decisions and common sense. .....and he needs to stop trying to control every facet of the game.

Like I said earlier, do you really think the owners would pay a "powerless figurehead" 44 million dollars a year just to be a "yes man"? I know there are some pretty dumb owners out there but come on!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26sjldbr said:
Like I said earlier, do you really think the owners would pay a "powerless figurehead" 44 million dollars a year just to be a "yes man"? I know there are some pretty dumb owners out there but come on!
I responded to that in the thread you asked it in. Also, I've said several times now in a COUPLE of different threads related to this topic that if he saw the video before handing out the suspension (or if he saw it before he said he HADN'T seen it) then he absolutely needs to go.

Believe what you will, just don't believe you aren't perpetuating some serious double standards in your opinions about judging people, though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This whole policy change was politically motivated and now the reality of his earlier lame decision about Rice's suspension is assessed in terms of the reality of the situation Goddell is looking pretty foolish and is seemingly lying to cover up his stupidity.

The Radish

Reaction score
Since this has turned into conversation about the commissioner rather than Doug Baldwin I'm moving it to the NFL Forum.