Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 67  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
SeaTown81 wrote:
So I didn't listen to Mitch on the radio today. Just read those tweets. From reading over on Sonics Rising, it sounds like Mitch was mainly defending HBN against the attacks of certain media calling them out for going around the league. Saying that they have only been doing what they were told to do. Apparently he went on to say that if there is an unanimous relocation denial, to not believe it, because he knows for certain that there are owners in favor. Then went on to say that he expects it to still lose. So I guess his tweets weren't any reason to up our optimism any.

Yep what I got from it there is some major behind the scenes stuff going on that he either couldn't share or that wasn't even shared with him.

There's no way business guys as successful as Hansen, Ballmer and the Nordstroms are going to be making any of the moves they are without some sort of inside knowledge that they are doing good. I fully believe that HBN are getting coached up by either a select group of owners or someone in the league office. They aren't just willy-nilly throwing crap against the wall hoping it sticks. They are making calculated moves and there's a reason for what they are doing.

My hopes are still up because HBN are just that good. Maybe this has nothing to do with the Kings, maybe they are forcing the expansion route. Or this could be gaining more for an antitrust lawsuit. But these guys aren't going in there headfirst and blind.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1296
For the sake of discussion,

Is there anything the NBA really has against the Maloof's that they could use in an anti-trust lawsuit? Outside of "best interest" clause, what card does the NBA really have? They can't say the Maloof's don't have the money to operate when the Hanson group would become a 20% owner.

Also the whole unanimous but not really unanimous recommendation can't look good in court. I'm no lawyer but that clearly looks like the league throwing it's weight around.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
This the way I see it playing out:

1. The vote is just should Sacramento keep its franchise in Sacramento. The Seattle group is allowed to keep buy the 20% stake in the team and agreement made that they can move the team and buy out other share holders if the Sacramento deal falls apart

2. If option 1 fails, they get an expansion team. The new TV deal is coming up and they want/need the Seattle market. The recent ratings are horrid for the current series. As pointed out MSFT is a big advertiser and I suspect they will pull out of deals with the NBA.

3. If all else fails ( which I cannot see happening) they will litigate. When the Pilots moved Seattle threatened to sue and even with special exemptions in anti trust law they did want to take a chance. MLB then gave us the Mariners. I don't really see this as happening, as it is a lose/lose proposition for the NBA.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:21 am 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10476
Location: Pasco, WA
News is circulating by Jerry brewer that if/when the BOG rejects relocation that nullifies the need to vote on the purchase. The news today has not been good for us.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:26 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 1296
Blitzer88 wrote:
News is circulating by Jerry brewer that if/when the BOG rejects relocation that nullifies the need to vote on the purchase. The news today has not been good for us.


Not sure I'm following you here....if they deny relocation, how does that automatically mean the Maloof's have to sell to the Sac group?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9826
Let he lawsuits begin!!!!!! :) Scorched earth baby! Burn mother effer burn!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
Blitzer88 wrote:
News is circulating by Jerry brewer that if/when the BOG rejects relocation that nullifies the need to vote on the purchase. The news today has not been good for us.

Not really, he's repeating what has been rumored coming from Sacramento. Everything I've read is that Hansen is fully pushing for official ownership vote. A maximum of three votes to take place: 65%, 7% and then if no on the 65% then the 20% backup offer.

Also KJ just held an impromptu PC and was asked if 100% of the Sac bid was in escrow and he said "make an assumption on your own" which means no.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
Apparently KJ said the NBA wanted 50% in escrow which is what they did...they still haven't been able to come up with the "ballpark" 34 offer. This is a complete joke and the NBA looks foolish right now

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:35 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17323
Location: Graham, WA
Color me confused, do those bozos have it in or not?

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
Throwdown wrote:
Color me confused, do those bozos have it in or not?

Sounds like it's taken them months to only put 50% of whatever their actual bid is (which I don't believe is $341 mil because Stern said it was "in the ballpark")

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Hawkfan77 wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
Well, we may be done with basketball for a while. http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ba-future/


Lmaooooo Aaron Bruski is the go to guy here? The Sac medias been on a bashing rampage since HBN made their move.

Bruski should take off his purple colored glasses. He's such a hack who has plenty vested in Sac. He's completely biased and he works for the same company that employs Mike Floria...after connected the dots I've come to the conclusion Bruski does't have legit sources and he hears what he wants to hear. He's a joke.

Anonymous league sources? What's that, the towel boy?

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Hawkfan77 wrote:
SeaTown81 wrote:
So I didn't listen to Mitch on the radio today. Just read those tweets. From reading over on Sonics Rising, it sounds like Mitch was mainly defending HBN against the attacks of certain media calling them out for going around the league. Saying that they have only been doing what they were told to do. Apparently he went on to say that if there is an unanimous relocation denial, to not believe it, because he knows for certain that there are owners in favor. Then went on to say that he expects it to still lose. So I guess his tweets weren't any reason to up our optimism any.

Yep what I got from it there is some major behind the scenes stuff going on that he either couldn't share or that wasn't even shared with him.

There's no way business guys as successful as Hansen, Ballmer and the Nordstroms are going to be making any of the moves they are without some sort of inside knowledge that they are doing good. I fully believe that HBN are getting coached up by either a select group of owners or someone in the league office. They aren't just willy-nilly throwing crap against the wall hoping it sticks. They are making calculated moves and there's a reason for what they are doing.

My hopes are still up because HBN are just that good. Maybe this has nothing to do with the Kings, maybe they are forcing the expansion route. Or this could be gaining more for an antitrust lawsuit. But these guys aren't going in there headfirst and blind.


It's for any one of those three - HBN are ready to move in any direction. It will be the NBA who decides which.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:27 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm
Posts: 820
Location: Bremerton
IMO, the juiciest little nugget of info that's leaked this week is that the NBA has started early talks about the TV deal, and plans to start up informal talks with the networks this Summer, after the Finals. I'm hopeful that's an indication that the NBA/Stern is trying to solve this the only logical way: Expansion. Convincing the Owners they'll still be getting a significant jump in TV revenues even after a 31st seat is added to the table is the main roadblock, and hopefully the early ballpark #'s floated for the deal will show them that they will.

I've always wanted this to end with an Expansion team for us, even if that means waiting an extra season before they start play. IMO, it's just "cleaner" that way. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly take the Kings if that's the way the NBA wants to play it ... but I do feel bad for their fans. Unfortunately, that's why the NBA is able to get away with this shit - it turns into fan vs. fan, when both groups are ultimately powerless.

_________________
I'm sick of chasing after my dreams. I'm just going to find out where they're headed, and catch up with them later.
- Mitch Hedberg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:39 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 1094
There's something I just don't understand. Y'all are talking about how strong, or not, an anti-trust case would be. Seems to me I've read that "Hansen is not interested in pursuing a legal course of action."

So is this true? Is this smoke? Is this poker playing? Because if sale and relocation are both denied and he doesn't want to go to court, aren't we sunk?

_________________
Terry
(The Lurker)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9826
I've heard that Balmer can't wait to go NUCLEAR if they are rejected,
Of course they'd rather get the team, without lawsuits but IMHO FWIW, the only way we are getting the Sonics back and the NHL here is to start an anti-trust lawsuit after the NBA continues their jackass circus!

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:02 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
I've just been reading some of the latest news stories on the subject and the hypocracy is really pissing me off. HBN group is totally being painted as this evil heartless mob of billionaires hellbent on stealing away a beloved franchise from some loveable little town that didn't do anything wrong. But isn't this the exact same god damn thing that bastards like Clay Bennett and Michael Heisley did to Seattle and Vancouver, only to have the league and media go "shrug, it's only Seattle/Vancouver". Sports Illustrated already had a Kevin Johnson victory piece in the last issue.

Where was all this support and love for the home team when the PNW was having it's B-Ball teams ripped away in an equally heartless manner in the middle of the night? Shit, at least HBN are being up front with their intentions. I still remember that shit head Michael Heisley telling us how the Grizz were safe in Vancouver and how dedicated he was to keeping them where they were. Shit, that bastard even stood at center court and sang the Canadian National anthem for crap sake, only to move the team a few months later in the middle of the night. Oh Stern was all opposed to that relocation too, but he did dick all to stop it. So why all the opposition now? Why all this sudden love an affection for the mid size market teams as the backbone of the NBA? Bullshit...

I don't care if the Seattle guys play dirty. The PNW has been screwed over twice now by the NBA while trying to "play nice". Screw that. Cheat, bully, lie, slash tires, break knee caps, kidnap and ransome... I don't care anymore. Just get it done, by any means necessary. There's a power shift happening now and the PNW is an economic force capable of supporting world class sports franchises. I'm glad we have some bad asses advocating for the people of Seattle (and people who get Seattle TV stations and like to visit Seattle for the purpose of attending sporting events).

/rant.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9826
Well said sir! :)

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6359
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 42m
Two Sacramento Attorneys have just filed suit alleging fraud and illegal use of public funds in #Sacramento Arena project


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9826
Cool, the more monkey wrenches in this situation on the sac end the better.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Pstark3 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 42m
Two Sacramento Attorneys have just filed suit alleging fraud and illegal use of public funds in #Sacramento Arena project


And this: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/14/4 ... sacramento

I've seen this movie before.....

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
@BMayNews10: I asked George, if BoG votes down 65%, wouldn't they also vote down 20%. "I can sell to whoever I want to."

Tensions getting pretty high


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
I want this to get muddy, it's beyond just getting the Sonics back, it's personal. Anyway that smears Stern and makes him looks like more of a disgrace to professional sports the better for me. This episode along with the Sonics original relocation in addition to the ref gambling scandal a few years ago(Yeah, only one guy involved I'm sure - end sarcasm) should rightfully be an albatross around Stern's neck.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1593
tdlabrie wrote:
There's something I just don't understand. Y'all are talking about how strong, or not, an anti-trust case would be. Seems to me I've read that "Hansen is not interested in pursuing a legal course of action."

So is this true? Is this smoke? Is this poker playing? Because if sale and relocation are both denied and he doesn't want to go to court, aren't we sunk?


Nope. But the NBA would sure love for you (and the Hansen and Maloof groups) to believe that.

The Seattle group isn't going to back down. They believe the sale will be approved and there is a rumor that they have heard from enough owners to support this theory. Hansen's group is hoping the owners will approve the sale or offer expansion so they don't have to go to court.

Don't listen to the media. They're the least knowledgeable of anyone when it comes to what's happening and what will happen in the future. In fact, much of what you're hearing is just propaganda coming straight from the NBA offices. Or it's just pure conjecture.

I've heard ridiculous reports that the Maloofs can't sue and could be forced to sell. Both points are blatantly false and such a statement shows a complete ignorance of the law. The NBA could move for dismissal of an antitrust suit based on any number of reasons, but whether that case is dismissed or not is up to the judge hearing the motion - and nobody knows how that would turn out because it's up to the judge, not the NBA. It's just as likely (if not more likely) that a judge would allow the case to continue. And even if the suit was dismissed, it could be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court, just like what happened in the American Needle case.

I've also heard in the media that the owners are annoyed with Ballmer. How would anyone know that? And why would any owner be annoyed with Ballmer? The NBA might be annoyed with Ballmer and that would make sense, but the other owners?

The owners don't care about NBA politics. They are businessmen and their own business interests come first. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Ultimately, the owners will vote for whatever they feel will be best for their own interests. And it's hard to argue against the immediate boost in value that all NBA teams will experience if they approve a sale of the Kings for $625 million. If the Kings are worth that, what does that do for the top 16 markets? You're talking about hundreds of millions here.

So don't get too up or down based on what you're hearing here, in the media, or anywhere else. If you really want to feel better, just take peace knowing that the Seattle group is going to put up one hell of a fight and has no plans to back down. And that the Hansen group believes they have enough owner support to win a vote on the sale (based on what they have heard directly from the other owners).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Posts: 2981
Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
So based on your sources, what are you expecting to hear tomorrow, Alan Rickman?

_________________
"Well, I like the 49ers because they're pure of heart, Seattle because they've got something to prove, and the Raiders because they always cheat."

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 409
Location: Yakima
I want desperately for Hans Gruber to have a happy ending at the end of this movie.

_________________
Russell Wilson and Chris Hansen. My man crushes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
Yakima Hawkster wrote:
I want desperately for Hans Gruber to have a happy ending at the end of this movie.



Yippee'Kai-Yay Mother ***************!

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
HansGruber wrote:
tdlabrie wrote:
There's something I just don't understand. Y'all are talking about how strong, or not, an anti-trust case would be. Seems to me I've read that "Hansen is not interested in pursuing a legal course of action."

So is this true? Is this smoke? Is this poker playing? Because if sale and relocation are both denied and he doesn't want to go to court, aren't we sunk?


Nope. But the NBA would sure love for you (and the Hansen and Maloof groups) to believe that.

The Seattle group isn't going to back down. They believe the sale will be approved and there is a rumor that they have heard from enough owners to support this theory. Hansen's group is hoping the owners will approve the sale or offer expansion so they don't have to go to court.

Don't listen to the media. They're the least knowledgeable of anyone when it comes to what's happening and what will happen in the future. In fact, much of what you're hearing is just propaganda coming straight from the NBA offices. Or it's just pure conjecture.

I've heard ridiculous reports that the Maloofs can't sue and could be forced to sell. Both points are blatantly false and such a statement shows a complete ignorance of the law. The NBA could move for dismissal of an antitrust suit based on any number of reasons, but whether that case is dismissed or not is up to the judge hearing the motion - and nobody knows how that would turn out because it's up to the judge, not the NBA. It's just as likely (if not more likely) that a judge would allow the case to continue. And even if the suit was dismissed, it could be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court, just like what happened in the American Needle case.

I've also heard in the media that the owners are annoyed with Ballmer. How would anyone know that? And why would any owner be annoyed with Ballmer? The NBA might be annoyed with Ballmer and that would make sense, but the other owners?

The owners don't care about NBA politics. They are businessmen and their own business interests come first. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it. Ultimately, the owners will vote for whatever they feel will be best for their own interests. And it's hard to argue against the immediate boost in value that all NBA teams will experience if they approve a sale of the Kings for $625 million. If the Kings are worth that, what does that do for the top 16 markets? You're talking about hundreds of millions here.

So don't get too up or down based on what you're hearing here, in the media, or anywhere else. If you really want to feel better, just take peace knowing that the Seattle group is going to put up one hell of a fight and has no plans to back down. And that the Hansen group believes they have enough owner support to win a vote on the sale (based on what they have heard directly from the other owners).


I'm not saying I believe it, but the most convincing reason I've heard for the owners to keep the Kings away from HBN is that the Seattle arena deal will involve mostly the owners' $$ instead of public subidies, such as in Sac - the other owners supposedly don't want to establish this precedent.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
TheRealDTM wrote:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.


Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 am
Posts: 410
@HansGruber from the tweets by the Miami owner don't you think he seems a bit annoyed?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
Lords of Scythia wrote:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?



Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."



http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.


Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10476
Location: Pasco, WA
If the Maloofs start to waffle than we are in trouble.......them maintaining that they won't sell to the sac group was one of our biggest selling points.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:36 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
TheRealDTM wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?



Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."



http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html



None of those links provided any information not already known. In fact, one was linked directly to the sacramento bloggers speculative article.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9826
Like Hans Gruber said, there is going to be a lot of misinformation strewn about.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

What does this even mean?

Are you honestly believing all the Sac BS that says Hansen is a bully?

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
Pstark3 wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
Sounds like the maloofs are warming to the idea of selling to Sacramento lol. And since we didn't "kiss the ring" I doubt the nba will deal with the HBN group again.


Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."


Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
TheRealDTM wrote:
Lords of Scythia wrote:
WTF makes you think the maloofs are warming up to sac?



Jason Puckett of Seattle’s Sports Radio KJR said on Twitter: “George Maloof looked extremely tired and ready for the process to end. Looked like a beaten man.”

The other quote was something along the lines of "We've never said we wouldn't deal with sacramento, only we have a commitment to see this sale out."



http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... tle-group/
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 45105.html
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/541978 ... hnson.html

Because the Maloofs can NOT come out say anything about the Sac deal. The source close to them already made their intentions very clear.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10476
Location: Pasco, WA
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Pstark3 wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
Where did you get that misinformation from and why are you vomiting it here with no link?

"@nickmonacelli: George Maloof told @BMayNews10 if Hansen sale is voted down, they would have to review Sac's #nbakings offer. Likely not over tomorrow."


Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.


Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
Blitzer88 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.



If we ever find out the blazers vote for Sacramento it would seriously affect my seahawks fandom.

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
Blitzer88 wrote:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 5m
Peter McLoughlin, CEO of Seahawks and Sounders is here and just stopped to chat… he’s representing Blazers Owner Paul Allen….

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 4m
Said he thinks he knows how it is going to turn out tomorrow, but there are still “lots of scenarios”. #NBAKings

Him saying this does not make me feel good. I think the "lots of scenarios" is in reference to H/B/N.

Puckett quoted McLoughlin as saying he "doesn't know" how it will turn out. Then said the same thing when he was on with Softy, I'm almost positive that's a misquote/misprint by Daniels.

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
Posts: 1424
Location: Bellevue
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means

That we didn't bend over for stern maybe


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8603
Location: PNW
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means


They didn't kiss Stern's ass the way the Sac group did and include them on every detail and movement, is what it means. Basically saying that Stern's ego is once again playing a big role because Hansen didn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm
Posts: 1934
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.


Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.



This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

_________________
I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1415
AbsolutNET wrote:
Hawkfan77 wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
And the idea that we didn't "kiss the ring" is circulating.

Still wondering what the heck this means


They didn't kiss Stern's ass the way the Sac group did and include them on every detail and movement, is what it means. Basically saying that Stern's ego is once again playing a big role because Hansen didn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated

According to Mitch this morning, everything HBN has done they've received the OK from the league and other owners. But the fact that Stern disclosed everything with Sac is where the lawsuit can come in play, which is an entirely different point...

But this is why Ballmer was so upset after the relo committee vote because they have done everything WITH the league. He felt betrayed

_________________
SUPERBOWL!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
 Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 795
Location: Bellingham, WA
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
TheRealDTM wrote:
CurryStopstheRuns wrote:

Oh, I got it,,,so, one sacramento reporter heard from another sacramento reporter that George Maloof told his dentist's secretary something? Gotcha.


Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 1h
Let me say again, George was very adamant that they never said they wouldn't sell to Sacramento ownership group.

@curry Sorry if you don't like this news but don't be a jerk.



This still means nothing to me. It is sacramento spin from a sacramento reporter. Posting the same thing over and over again does not make it true.


I'm sorry, you are wrong. This is from an Interview with George Maloof. From the Horses mouth.

Bryan May ‏@BMayNews10 2h
Just had the longest talk I've had with George Maloof in over a year. He said they've never said they wouldn't sell to Sac group

I asked George why they agreed to 20% backup offer. "It's a way for them (H/B) to get into the league."

_________________
4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
"He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."


Last edited by TheRealDTM on Tue May 14, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 67  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Throwdown and 4 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.