Those of you who went to the game,

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
253hawk":1di44zu1 said:
1. TB had a perfect storm 2nd quarter with turnovers and short fields. What'd they do in the second half? 3 points. Offensive juggernauts. They came out playing like a team with nothing to lose but we adjusted to that.
2. The NFCW has the highest winning % in the NFL and the Rams took major advantage of us being out 3 starting linemen with their stud edge rushers. They may be the 'worst' in the division, but their record is only 10th worst in the league.

Seattle's offense was extremely pedestrian and vanilla this week compared to the past couple of weeks. No read-option and no deep passes where Russ has lit it up better than anyone. Bevell went super-conservative for whatever reason. Lots of drive-killing penalties on plays that went for first downs, too. If one of those went the distance, that's a 10 point swing given the fire sale SF had with FG's.

San Francisco normally scores 24 points per game and Seattle 28. Those stats might underrate the San Francisco offense though, since most of the games this year were played without a first-string #1 or #3 receiver. Seattle and San Francisco only allow an average of 15 and 16 points per game respectively. Just going by pure statistics, this is the type of score you would expect, which was probably pretty accurately reflected in the three point spread. The reason both offenses had a hard time scoring was likely largely due to the opposing defenses.

And have you ever considered why Seattle was not running as many read options? Once a QB goes into the read option, they become eligible to be legally hit, even if they hand off the ball (assuming that they are acting as if they are holding on to it for a run). San Francisco has some of the fastest guys behind the defensive line in the NFL, and you better believe that at least one of them is always keeping an eye on a QB like Wilson, ready to hit him as hard as possible if he looks to be trying to run to the line. Do you really think a good coach would want their QB to take unnecessary risks in a game that they could lose without affecting their seeding, especially against some of the fastest and hardest hitting defenders in the NFL?

I doubt it, at least not if Carol is as smart as his team's record seems to indicate.

I would love to see the 49ers coaching staff unleash Kaepernick like they were confident doing when they had Alex Smith as a backup, but I understand why they rarely use read option or designed QB runs anymore. There is a time and place for going all-in, no matter the risk of injury, and that time and place are the games you HAVE to win. Seattle probably will not see any of those games until the second round of the playoffs. You better believe that both the 49ers and the Seahawks have been planning all year and have a bunch of things up their sleeves they have been holding back on.

Vetamur

Reaction score
My ex-girlfriends cousins moms best friends hospice worker went to the game with 3 government workers, whose job I cant really talk about (but think Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones). When she went to buy an ice tea and pace out alms for the poor at half time she was tied to a tree by 30 49ers fans. They gave her 49 lashes then let dropped her off at her seat with copies of their IDs. After one stadium worker showed some interest they were told they would have to wait 49 days for the police report. But its cool, we want blood and will get it because, you know, MIB..thats how they roll.

----------

How did I do? Can I be a member of AlaskaSaints fanfiction site?

seahawksflow

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":lejh58mq said:
FOX kept showing the one camera shot from the upper deck of the crowd. There was a Seahawk couple there in a see of red, they were posing for a picture and a niner fan behind them was flipping off their backs, I guess photo-bombing the pic. Anyone else catch that? Typical.

But yea, would love to hear any stories.

Yep very typical....

2wf8zyf

... for every fan base in the NFL, including both the seahawks and 49ers, and any other fan base. As someone mentioned above, 70k people in one area, bound to get a few numb nuts. Pretending that it would be different else where is just benight.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vetamur":1oad8iu7 said:
My ex-girlfriends cousins moms best friends hospice worker went to the game with 3 government workers, whose job I cant really talk about (but think Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones). When she went to buy an ice tea and pace out alms for the poor at half time she was tied to a tree by 30 49ers fans. They gave her 49 lashes then let dropped her off at her seat with copies of their IDs. After one stadium worker showed some interest they were told they would have to wait 49 days for the police report. But its cool, we want blood and will get it because, you know, MIB..thats how they roll.

----------

Thread winner.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
253hawk":264rkugb said:
1. TB had a perfect storm 2nd quarter with turnovers and short fields. What'd they do in the second half? 3 points. Offensive juggernauts. They came out playing like a team with nothing to lose but we adjusted to that.
2. The NFCW has the highest winning % in the NFL and the Rams took major advantage of us being out 3 starting linemen with their stud edge rushers. They may be the 'worst' in the division, but their record is only 10th worst in the league.

Seattle's offense was extremely pedestrian and vanilla this week compared to the past couple of weeks. No read-option and no deep passes where Russ has lit it up better than anyone. Bevell went super-conservative for whatever reason. Lots of drive-killing penalties on plays that went for first downs, too. If one of those went the distance, that's a 10 point swing given the fire sale SF had with FG's.

Meh, the enemy has a vote and they played a good game against us; good enough to protect their home. Great, heads-up play by Gore to seal the win.

I do kind of wonder about the 'holding back' speculation though. Once in awhile it seems as though Pete has a Freudian slip in a press conference or interview. In one of his pressers prior to the game, a reporter asked him if the Hawks anything special planned against the 9ers. He responded with the standard 'we'll play the same as we have all year, to late in the season to change anything, blah, blah, coachspeak, blah, but somewhere in the answer he said "we're not going to give them anything." I find that statement interesting, and it would seem to add merit to the 'holding back' argument. I'm kinda giddy about the twists we might see in the playoffs.

non-prophet.org

Reaction score
Had a good time at the game. Sat by some cool niner fans ( as cool as niner fans get.) Was able to talk smack and joke around the whole game(being in the lower box probably helped.) Had a really bad experience getting into game. A couple friends that I went with brought their 12th man flags, and security took them before they could enter. Had to go and find event staff and explain the situation, they went and got the flags from security. When event staff returned with the flags, I told them thank you, but it seemed really unprofessional. The staff told me to "stop bitching, and that I could be removed from the game." To the fans of S.F., I say thanks for the hospitality,you have a nice city, and good game. To the staff, I hope they bury you with that sh*t hole of a stadium. :49ersmall:

dunceface

Reaction score
Vetamur":3dw2kxhs said:

----------

no fiery redhead lawyer?? weak.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is tired of hearing excuses like.... Your team allowed this many points to this team... and we allowed this many points to that team.... and you barely beat this team... but we beat this team..... well you lost to this team and we beat that team.... So we are a better team comparison?

I am starting to be one of those "a win is a win no matter how you win" type of guys now. So many excuses. Go Hawks!

Hawks46

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":110x9nvu said:
hoxrox":110x9nvu said:
Apparently someone got hit in the head with a bottle:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/F ... 046707.php

Looks like that happened in the parking lot, which is basically like the yard at San Quentin.

Exactly. Not like this is an issue anymore (at least I hope not at the new stadium) but there is quite a walk from the parking lot to Candlestick (from what I remember). All of the issues I've ever read about or heard about were in the parking lot, on the way to the lot from the game, or to the game from the lot. You'd have people coming up in cars dressed in Niners gear that wasn't even going to the game starting crap.

This was easily avoided by taking the city bus, which drops you right in front of the stadium with cops and security all around. I'd tkae my wife there again, and that's after hearing about stabbings, etc.

253hawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":31oe1ccq said:
Don't care if she's a 9er fan, but the one in the gray is cute as hell.

Nah, the other one in grey to the right of her with half of a boob in the frame.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":187jexlv said:
Am I the only one who is tired of hearing excuses like.... Your team allowed this many points to this team... and we allowed this many points to that team.... and you barely beat this team... but we beat this team..... well you lost to this team and we beat that team.... So we are a better team comparison?

I am starting to be one of those "a win is a win no matter how you win" type of guys now. So many excuses. Go Hawks!

Yea but in this thread, our fans are making all the excuses.

If we won by one point, I expected it. We lost by 2 and that also is expected. Their defense played better than ours. We made some mistakes and had too many penalties. We missed some 3rd down throws that you have to make if you want to be considered elite. They were better that day. Case closed.