Walter Jones and the Hall

Will (note not should) Walter Jones also be a first ballot HOFer?

• Yes

Votes: 149 97.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
So Ogden and Larry Allen were first ballot Hall of Famers (but Will Shields - small market player was not).

Will (not should, because of course he should) Big Walt be a first ballot hall of famer?

Axx

Reaction score
depends if he can get a good spokesman, I was a bit shocked Strahan did not make it so it appears to be a lot more political that I originally thought.

seahawks875

Reaction score
Walter jones should be in no doubt but he'll probably won't get in because of the voters east coast bias, it shows that bias when we didn't even get one award out of all of the nfl honors this year.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think he will. He was just dominant and so many people around football know it that I believe he'll get in the first time. But hey, he wasn't on the all-time 100 so WTF do I know? I do know I will be royally PISSED OFF if he doesn't get in the first time.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Ogden, Munoz, Allen, and Walt were the best O linemen in the last 50 years. FWIW I know Robert St.Clair personally (HOF w/Niners) and he has repeatedly told me there's no question he'll get in first ballot.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Should he be? Of course. But you never know, I thought Cris Carter not getting in on the first ballot was ridiculous, let alone it taking 6 years. I do think Ogden getting in helps. Less competition and avoiding a log jam at the tackle can't hurt.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Virtually every media person that discusses him says he's going straight to Canton in his first year of eligibility. I'd be shocked if he isn't. Especially with Seattle now getting more national love than ever before.

RockHawk

Reaction score
There's no question about it. The folks that vote are already referring to his playing days as "Hall of Fame Career". This includes Len Pasquarelli, Peter King, Sando, and John Clayton.

drdiags

Reaction score
He should, looking at Ogden and Allen getting in on their first time at it. I will be very disappointed if he doesn't. I was going to be my usual doubting the voters self, but screw that. Just as long as the idiots who did the 100 all-time greatest players for NFLN aren't anywhere near the voting roll. Bastages!

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Does anyone know who else will be in Big Walt's class? He deserves to get in on the first ballot, but it seems like HOF voting often has much to do with who else has been waiting their turn.

drdiags

Reaction score
HawkFanNC":1oo6ax2g said:
Does anyone know who else will be in Big Walt's class? He deserves to get in on the first ballot, but it seems like HOF voting often has much to do with who else has been waiting their turn.

Here is a list of players that showed what some blogger believed would be the class of 2015

Walter Jones – Regarded as maybe the greatest left tackle of all-time, this is a gimme.
Junior Seau – Another all-time great at his position who’s longevity of production will not go unnoticed in his first year.
Kurt Warner – This one will spark debate in the voting room but in the end, I think he makes it his first year. His numbers, championship and back-up to MVP story will do the trick.
Orlando Pace – Joining his former teammate Warner, Pace should conclude the last of the first-time eligible candidates to get in. If Walter Jones didn’t exist, Pace would be regarded as the best left tackle of his era.
Tim Brown - The former Raider probably would cry if he read this since he was eligible this year but I don’t see it happening for him until this spot. Sorry Timmy.

As you can see, Orlando Pace is eligible along with Seau and Warner. I saw another article that listed each year's list of new players. That one is going to be better than this, since it still doesn't answer who is actually eligible each year until 2015.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3p1aem5r said:
Virtually every media person that discusses him says he's going straight to Canton in his first year of eligibility. I'd be shocked if he isn't. Especially with Seattle now getting more national love than ever before.

That's a good point. If the Seahawks make a serious Super Bowl run the next couple of years and raise their profile, that probably helps Jones' chances. If he'd been eligible in 2009 or 2010 (just for the sake of the argument) I think he would have had as much trouble getting in as Cortez Kennedy did.

The Radish

Reaction score
RockHawk":wtlxq9i5 said:
There's no question about it. The folks that vote are already referring to his playing days as "Hall of Fame Career". This includes Len Pasquarelli, Peter King, Sando, and John Clayton.

The voters have agreed that all photos of Walter with Rockhawk be tossed, so no one will hold that obvious but thank goodness momentary lack of taste count against him.

:th2thumbs:

RockHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":3vpmtbvy said:
RockHawk":3vpmtbvy said:

The voters have agreed that all photos of Walter with Rockhawk be tossed, so no one will hold that obvious but thank goodness momentary lack of taste count against him.

:th2thumbs:

Sadly, this is true. If evidence of big walt lining up next to me on a football field in ANY capacity surfaced, I shudder to think of the ramifications. Not only HOF gone, but they may just go as far as take his man card away too.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Walt would be an absolute lock except for the presence of Orlando Pace.

While I believe Jones should be the choice (because he was the better player), we all know that many in the media made the argument that Pace was the best LT at the time and he actually won a SB as the LT of one of the best offenses in history.

If there is only room for one Tackle in that class, I am afraid that Walter gets edged out solely because of the SB ring. The voters love those things.

Steve2222

Reaction score
He will no doubt be a first ballot, east coast bias wont even matter. He was known throughout the entire league for erasing the left side of the defensive line.

Latest posts