R4 — Colby Parkinson (TE)
R4 — Deejay Dallas (RB)
R5 — Alton Robinson (DE)
R6 — Freddie Swain (WR)
R7 - Stephen Sullivan (TE)

So what do you guys think? Overall

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like them double-dipping on red zone threats in Parkinson & Sullivan. Both guys are huge and it's going to be difficult to stop them on a redzone package if that's what Seattle has in mind for them.

We've debated Brooks to death. I'm of the opinion that he was a decent value pick at 27, should develop nicely, eventual replacement at MLB.

Taylor and Robinson both project as Leo guys. This is a good step towards rebuilding the line, starting with two high-energy speed rushers. Taylor reminds me of Marcus Davenport, who they coveted.

Damien Lewis has what it takes to be a day 1 starter. May be Fluker's replacement sooner rather than later.

I don't see Freddie Swain contributing other than as a punt returner.

DeeJay Dallas has a cool name, sound pass protection, and some upside as a rusher. Has receiving chops as a converted WR. Good depth at the position.

Overall grade: B-.

Would have liked a defensive tackle and a better pure wide receiver. Also think they missed on nickel corner. We'll see how UDFA shakes out. Overall, though, this draft looks like it contains a lot of the future foundation of our defenses pass rush, as well as a very promising linebacker. They've got a day 1 starter type of talent at guard, and a really interesting mix of options in the pass game. Hard to argue too fiercely with the choices they made here.

getnasty

Reaction score
I like the Lewis and Robinson picks don't mind the Taylor pick but the rest of them were ok at best to me. I too wish we would have grabbed a DT and for such a deep draft at WR we grabbed one that's not real exciting.

C- for me

Chapow

Reaction score
Literally the best draft any team has ever had in the history of planet Earth.

We are going to win 17 Super Bowls in a row.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":iwqjfblg said:

That a boy, what he says! 8)

endzorn

Reaction score
D-
We are a fringe playoff team each year based solely on having a Hall of Fame QB. This draft illustrates again that Schneider can’t identify value. We’ve had 8 drafts in a row that are individually among the worst in the NFL in their respective years and this might be the worst one yet. Schneider has what feels like a lifetime pass because Seattle coddles any sports figure who has ever had success with the team. Those successes are long gone and we now have a bottom 8-10 roster salvaged by a great QB.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Like the first 4 picks, okay with the last 4 picks.

Solid B

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hedgehawk":36l2gw7t said:
Like the first 4 picks, okay with the last 4 picks.

Solid B
That’s where I stand as well..... but what do I know? 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
endzorn":3oea64bb said:
D-
We are a fringe playoff team each year based solely on having a Hall of Fame QB. This draft illustrates again that Schneider can’t identify value. We’ve had 8 drafts in a row that are individually among the worst in the NFL in their respective years and this might be the worst one yet. Schneider has what feels like a lifetime pass because Seattle coddles any sports figure who has ever had success with the team. Those successes are long gone and we now have a bottom 8-10 roster salvaged by a great QB.
Harsh.

None of these players have played one NFL snap and you are already declaring them failures. Got it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":unopw4rg said:

I agree

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Some observations on this draft first apparently Seattle had a trade down with GB from 27 to 30 and had that trade been completed Baltimore would have taken Brooks ahead of Seattle at 30 . John Schneider has confirmed Taylor would have been there pick at 30 if that trade had transpired. This info from Rob Staton. Second the fact they were able to add both players they targeted on Defense Brooks and Taylor is a major win for Seattle.

I really like this draft they landed arguably the third best Edge rusher available Darrell Taylor and they got one of the top 5 LB's available Jordyn Brooks. Considering there draft position this is a really really good draft they made the most out of what they had to work with.

Finally i'll add this Damien Lewis is an absolute road grater this pick should not be overlooked incredible draft value in the third Lewis has second round talent .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John Schneider and Pete Carroll recap the 2020 draft (Zoom presser notes)

Notes from JS:

- Uncertainty on how offseason will go influenced number of Power 5 conference players selected by Seattle, want guys that will fit in immediately on the 2020 team

- Specifically notes Sullivan as "a project we're willing to take on," implies that he is the one player that they took as a developmental project rather than ready to play

- Regarding Parkinson, refers to him specifically as a "Smart - Tough - Reliable" high character guy, excited about his ability in pass game

- Freddie Swain is "tough," played inside and outside, is going to be in the special teams mix right away, very studious guy

- Surprised to get Damien Lewis after trading back to 69.

- Says regarding Clowney: at some point, you need to move on. Door's not closed, but they've got to keep moving.

- Cannot speak about UDFA's yet per memo from NFL.

Notes from PC:

- Says they really wanted to attack edge, excited to get Alton where they took him, says Taylor was under consideration at 27

- Notes they want Rasheem and LJ to work inside, says that after this draft they have enough depth to rotate people along the line and keep people fresh

- Says it's important that Jarran Reed returns to his 2018 production.

- Pete's relationship with Coach Orgeron affected LSU selections, had eye on Sullivan due to Coach O telling Pete about him

- Deejay Dallas, big upside and personality, love his special teams and background as a QB, love his versatility

- Refers to Darrell Taylor and Alton Robinson as players that are both part of the Leo prototype, same type of player at same position

- Hints that Seattle is working on something at nickel, creating a challenge for Ugo Amadi. Pete hints slyly that they're "trying some stuff out they don't want to give away." Pete thinks base worked alright, but says they're going to try some other stuff this year.

- Player they were most surprised to get where they got him: Darrell Taylor. Also surprised at where Alton fell to.

- Regarding Clowney - implied on good terms, door not shut at all.

- Wants Parkinson to develop as a blocker, says they're happy with where he's at as a receiver

- View Sullivan as a TE who can be split out, wants to balance him out like Parkinson and develop as blocker

TAB420

Reaction score
endzorn":1hgzu2dn said:
D-

"Why are you the way that you are?" "I hate so much about what you choose to be." ...Michael Scott to Toby.

jeremiah

Reaction score
endzorn":3um2m25s said:
D-

As my kids used to say....WORD....

vonstout

Reaction score
Here are the players that have worked out over the years since the infamous Wagner, Wilson, Trade for Lynch draft

2019: Blair (2), Metcalf(2)
2018: Penny (1), Dissley (3)
2017: Shaquill Griffin (3), Chris Carson (7)
2016: Ifedi (1), Reed (2), Jefferson (5), Joey Hunt (6)
2015: Clark (2), Lockett (3)
2014: Britt (2)
2013: Luke Wilson (5)

We traded or first for Graham in 2015 and for Harvin in 2013

Hopefully we can get 3 contributors since we kept our first rounder.

kf3339

Reaction score
I am going to be generous and give this draft a solid C.

This grade is based on two things. First, I do think our new OG will be an impact starter either by the start of the season, or certainly by the later part of the season. He looks like the real deal. Flucker is probably looking over his shoulder right now. Second, I do think between our two DE prospects one will be able to contribute this year. Neither is a bonofide starter now, and will not be this year. But possibly by the start of the 2021 season their is a chance.

Where this draft is challenging for me is that our need for a quality OT/OC prospect was not met at all. Our tackle situation is problematic and we can only hope Brown and Shell can hold up for another draft. Brown especially needed a true prospect behind to groom and take over if he gets injured again, or retires at the end of this season. To me this was far more important than an LB both for today and the future. A true Center would also have been a solid move as we have questions at that position. But if only one of these positions could be added it should have been an OT.

I also don't like that not one DT was taken even in the mid rounds. We are weak behind Reed and Ford with only a prayers hope that either Mone or Christmas can do the job. I heard how PC wants Green and Collier to get more playing time at DT, but that can only be in a rotation and even then I have my doubts. We will probably find a veteran DT who can at least stop the run to back up Ford, but our 3T position is again a serious liability. I hope, but doubt Reed can return to his 2018 form which means no real pressure up the middle. We lost two DT's that weren't replaced. That makes us weaker in the middle. Right now our DL is still a major question mark.

I would have preferred we had taken a quality over quantity approach and traded to keep all picks within the first three or four rounds. I don't see more than 2 or 3 that can help us this year other than just spot duty.

So a C grade is being generous for me. I know others may differ and that is okay. But we still have a lot of needs on this roster and little time left.

Last, both the Niners and Cardinals have gotten a lot better this off-season. Right now we could be looking at 3rd place in our own division and no playoffs as we stand today. Just saying.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Reaching as usual.
Tired of these guys thinking they are smarter than the rest of the league when they’re clearly below average since 2012. And what’s the biggest problem IMO? They don’t learn, they keep doing the same.
D for me.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jlbw1sn said:
endzorn":3jlbw1sn said:
D-
Harsh.

None of these players have played one NFL snap and you are already declaring them failures. Got it.

Well, the same could be said about the people who are grading the players/draft well. We have no idea, it’s just a feeling, so let us don’t like the draft.
By the way, I completely agree with endzorn. Any criticism of PC/JS is seen by many as an heresy and the truth, at least for me, is that he’s very bad at drafting (since 2012). People give him a pass because of the RW pick but, since then: Lockett, Clark, DK are the only blue chips he’s drafted. In .... 8 YEARS !!! C’mon ...

Latest posts