2020 draft class - Grades & debate

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":eueotf24 said:
Couple of questions

To those wanting the Hawks to take a DT, which one? I don't watch a ton of CFB, but I don't think there was a NFL ready DT to be had.

On what planet did the Niners get better? They basically replaced departed veteran talent with unproven rookies, and a LT who hasn't played since 2018. Yes, the rookies are largely clones of the departing talent, but they are unproven as of yet. Even if they step in and play at a phenomenal level for rookies, they are just getting the team back to where they were last year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This.
Cannot wait for your last line to be misinterpreted by Niner fans though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
12thmanNY":2axg8yrg said:
If they say it’s a bad draft odds are the draft class is great. 2012 they gave Seattle a D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bleacher Report gave them an F for the 2012 draft and Pete “Pissquick” Prisco gave them a D.

The national media is usually pretty clueless when it comes to the Hawks.
There are exceptions like Clayton, but he is Seattle based and lives next door to Seahawks
Headquarters so he sees more practices and of the inter workings than the other national guys do.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3lu5evvr said:
12thmanNY":3lu5evvr said:
If they say it’s a bad draft odds are the draft class is great. 2012 they gave Seattle a D.

Bleacher Report gave them an F for the 2012 draft and Pete “Pissquick” Prisco gave them a D.

The national media is usually pretty clueless when it comes to the Hawks.
There are exceptions like Clayton, but he is Seattle based and lives next door to Seahawks
Headquarters so he sees more practices and of the inter workings than the other national guys do.
Everyone keeps talking about that 2012 draft. Yes, it is legendary and perhaps the best draft class of this decade. Unfortunately that draft class was almost 10 years ago. If you were to say that in 2013 i'd probably be scoffing as well. Since 2012 we have not had the same successes in the draft, in fact we've had a few absolutely miserable classes and some really big misses in between 2012 and now.

Hell, even in 2012 if the Seahawks outplayed themselves in the draft. If they would have stayed where they were we could have drafted Fletcher Cox who has consistently been a better player than Bruce Irvin.

The JS and PC are not above criticism here. I've watched a lot of tape on Brooks in particular and I understand why the pundits gave this pick such a bad grade. Luckily you take those players for what they can become rather than who they are when you draft them. Initially though, looking at it through the only lense that we're allowed to see (game-tape) it looks questionable. Fortunately there are much more things that go into analysis such as interviews, drills we don't get to see etc on the part of the FO.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
James in PA":25k5xwsi said:
Here’s an interesting overall GPA which factors in the grades from many of the “experts.” Not surprisingly, Seattle is near the very bottom and DallASS is near the top. Gotta give the media darlings something to be happy about, I suppose.

383b66e0a93c7889323c870b7d2153a4

Nice seeing all those grades for comparison. :2thumbs:

It still looks like the high grades all come from following the consensus.

Then there are the ones that are rated from "A" all the way to "D-"...?

Looks like the analysts either follow the consensus or throw darts too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You missed my point about talking about the 2012 draft.

My point being that these same pundits, talking heads, bloggers, and self proclaimed “draft experts” missed miserably on their predictions.

Like I said in the other thread these are the same folks that give the Dallas Cowboys an “A” every year in the draft and they only make the playoffs every other year. Shouldn’t they be making the playoffs every year with that high of grade.

Meanwhile Seattle who gets graded as C’s to F’s makes the playoffs every year. So what’s wrong with that picture?
Are we just the luckiest team in the NFL?
Hint: the answer is no.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You missed my point about talking about the 2012 draft.

My point being that these same pundits, talking heads, bloggers, and self proclaimed “draft experts” missed miserably on their predictions.

Like I said in the other thread these are the same folks that give the Dallas Cowboys an “A” every year in the draft and they only make the playoffs every other year. Shouldn’t they be making the playoffs every year with that high of grade.

Meanwhile Seattle who gets graded as C’s to F’s makes the playoffs every year. So what’s wrong with that picture?
Are we just the luckiest team in the NFL?
Hint: the answer is no.

toffee

Reaction score
This is how it goes:
if national experts gave us F, we must celebrate, we got HOFers,
If they gave us D, we got all pros
If they graded us C, we got C
If they graded us B, we are screwed.
If they gtaddd us A, ok it will never happen

massari

Reaction score
Potential future debates:

Should they have stayed put at pick #59 and kept pick #101 instead of moving up for Taylor. They could've had DE Josh Uche/DE Julian Okwara/DE Jabari Zuniga and a late 3rd like TE Adam Trautman, NCB/S Terrell Burgess or DT Leki Fotu

OT Josh Jones or DT Justin Madubuike instead of Lewis

C Tyler Biadasz and/or CB Bryce Hall instead of Parkinson and DJ Dallas in the 4th

NCB Amik Robertson or NCB John Reed instead of Parkinson

CB Bryce Hall instead of Alton Robinson in the 5th

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
massari":1kgp7sxj said:
Potential future debates:

Should they have stayed put at pick #59 and kept pick #101 instead of moving up for Taylor. They could've had DE Josh Uche/DE Julian Okwara/DE Jabari Zuniga and a late 3rd like TE Adam Trautman, NCB/S Terrell Burgess or DT Leki Fotu

OT Josh Jones or DT Justin Madubuike instead of Lewis

C Tyler Biadasz and/or CB Bryce Hall instead of Parkinson and DJ Dallas in the 4th

NCB Amik Robertson or NCB John Reed instead of Parkinson

CB Bryce Hall instead of Alton Robinson in the 5th
Good questions. Time will tell.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
James in PA":3humgcr5 said:
Here’s an interesting overall GPA which factors in the grades from many of the “experts.” Not surprisingly, Seattle is near the very bottom and DallASS is near the top. Gotta give the media darlings something to be happy about, I suppose.

383b66e0a93c7889323c870b7d2153a4

Interesting that so many of the bottom half teams are playoff teams. Maybe its a bit harder to get consensus top picks when you are drafting at the bottom of every round. You think?

Latest posts