2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks DJ!!! Your information contribution is appreciated.

I'm unsure now who has and has not signed a UDFA deal as adding this player takes the roster numbers to 91 which is one more than allowed.

To me it's clear the team plans on having some ruthless competitions for roster spots and TE is one of the positions.

I'm presently not going to add him until I hear from several sources the player has been added or that another player isn't actually signed. This stuff is frustrating as the UDFA signing rush creates all sorts of announcements some of which are actually announcing the player is being added to come to rookie minicamp while the others are actually true signings.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1254939267253497856[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/1254947763030122496[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1254837450578382848[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!

I suspect Davis Hsu is incorrect with his roster numbers I presently have 45- O, 42- D, 3 ST = 90, but I don't have 2 UDFA guys he thinks are signed RB- Patrick Carr & TE- Dominick Wood Anderson; but I have DE/DT- Cedrick Lattimore noted as signed as a UDFA. Something is amiss here, one of us is wrong.

Every year there is huge confusion over who is actually signed as a UDFA until the team announces.

Until I know what is right I will post the above two below the guys CBS & Condotta have announced as being signed, but I won't show them on the roster.

Sure wish we'd get a formal announcement from the team.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Not sure I understand what's up with Bruce Irvin's contract which remains unsigned.

OTC.com is reporting the teams available cap today is $21,280,498 before irvin's deal is counted.

Lots of room to do all sorts of things if needed.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks claim CB- Jayson Stanley from waivers from Jax.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... f-waivers/

At this stage the numbers aren't meaning anything so I'm now just going to add all the players the press reports are signed with the Hawks. At some point we shall find out who the corresponding players are.

Perhaps even though drafted by Seattle, the draft picks are not formally on the roster yet so there are 8 extra roster spots for JS to look at until the draft picks are signed.

Here's draft profile on Stanley 6'2", 207, 33"arms, 4:46/40 went undrafted last year. Looked at by Atlanta and by Jax as a WR, will be converted to CB from WR here. Another project for Pete.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php ... tYear=2019

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rather clearly to me the announced UDFA additions are not all in fact actually signed. It’d be nice to see some formal announcement by the team so we have clarity.

Perhaps this is highly situational and complex due to the present quarantine like situation we are mostly all in at present.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":23d6x5r8 said:
Rather clearly to me the announced UDFA additions are not all in fact actually signed. It’d be nice to see some formal announcement by the team so we have clarity.

Perhaps this is highly situational and complex due to the present quarantine like situation we are mostly all in at present.
Yeah, anybody who doesn't live in Renton has probably not actually "signed" any contracts. All we have are committment promises, mostly. Until travel opens up it won't change, unless they start allowing signing over the internet.

Nunya

Reaction score
sutz":2qrb05a6 said:
jammerhawk":2qrb05a6 said:

Yeah, anybody who doesn't live in Renton has probably not actually "signed" any contracts. All we have are committment promises, mostly. Until travel opens up it won't change, unless they start allowing signing over the internet.

I have been e-signing contracts for at least the past 5 years. With Skye, Zoom, Teams, etc., having "face-to-face" meetings is not a huge issue today. Other than physicals, the virus situation should not impact signings.

sutz

Reaction score
Nunya":3ayhu26w said:
sutz":3ayhu26w said:
jammerhawk":3ayhu26w said:

I have been e-signing contracts for at least the past 5 years. With Skye, Zoom, Teams, etc., having "face-to-face" meetings is not a huge issue today. Other than physicals, the virus situation should not impact signings.
You'd think. Hell, they could snail mail paper contracts, too. :mrgreen:

But the physical thing matters, too. Guess you could make it contingent. Not a hell of a lot of money involved in UDFA contracts.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!

The list you posted above includes 11 names of players we have recorded as signed, unfortunately there are another 6 players who have been reported through normally reliable sources as being signed. The team has been silent about who is actually signed. It's impossible to know who is in fact signed. I've attempted to distinguish between those the team has confirmed and those suspected to be agreed to terms.

This is usual and causes some accuracy confusion until the team finally announces all the signings.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap!!!

Very much awaited and appreciated.

I suspect more names will be announced in the short term.

I will update

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Another one. If you like the source. :vodka:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/1257419722318131205[/tweet]

The following undrafted rookies were signed by the Seahawks Monday afternoon:

DT Josh Avery, Southeast Missouri
RB Patrick Carr, Houston, Houston
WR Seth Dawkins, Louisville
CB Gavin Heslop, Stony Brook
RB Anthony Jones, Florida International
DT Cedrick Lattimore, Iowa
TE Tyler Mabry, Maryland
FS Chris Miller, Baylor
FS Josh Norwood, West Virginia
CB Kemah Siverand, Oklahoma State
DE Marcus Webb, Troy
TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, Tennessee

To make room on the roster, Seattle waived four players: defensive tackle Nazair Jones, running back Adam Choice, defensive tackle Shakir Soto and linebacker Pita Taumoepenu.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1257428750700032007[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1257431105378099206[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of the four perhaps all but Naz could be back for PS chores as the season rolls along. Suspect Naz is done, knees are shot if the problem is chronic. The team has certainly whiffed some with DLinemen in the last while, or simply has had buzzard luck.