2021 draft picks

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
scutterhawk":s7lg70g6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":s7lg70g6 said:
gowazzu02":s7lg70g6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":s7lg70g6 said:
I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....

Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.
Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.
You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:
Still waiting for you to point out players that are still on the team besides Carson and Ford, apparently, two in the past 9 years since the famous 2012 draft is good enough for you.

Like I said, Carroll, hasn’t drafted well enough to include enough new core players to keep winning consistently in playoffs.

The most recent true core player is Metcalf.

Go ahead, please tell me, who else in recent drafts....I’m waiting...

Jville

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":28iuqy34 said:
For the upcoming draft, the Seahawks have 4 picks. They are a 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th. Since Schneider has been GM he has never had fewer than 8 picks. This includes the 2019 draft where they entered draft day with 4 picks and parlayed them into 11 picks. Of course trading Frank Clark helped in the acquisition of additional picks. JS has his work cut out for himself this year.

I clearly expect him to end this draft with more than 4 picks. It’s going to be fascinating to watch the process. It’s also going to be fun watching the meltdowns that will happen on this board when fans want player x chosen while JS trades that choice and chooses players Y and Z.

I’m just surprised that more posters on this board don’t work in NFL personnel departments! :roll:

Since this well intentioned thread has been hijacked by a family feud any way .........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/professormullet/status/1374075460372590593[/tweet]

....... only those who can stay on topic and work well with others need apply.

rcaido

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2en28oex said:
scutterhawk":2en28oex said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2en28oex said:
gowazzu02":2en28oex said:

The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.
Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.
You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:
Still waiting for you to point out players that are still on the team besides Carson and Ford, apparently, two in the past 9 years since the famous 2012 draft is good enough for you.

Like I said, Carroll, hasn’t drafted well enough to include enough new core players to keep winning consistently in playoffs.

Salary cap, you cant keep everyone.

Look at the Patriots draft who do they have left? Thuney & James White who is not even a starter and that's it. Everyone left. Patriots & Seahawks has the most wins the past decade, see a pattern? Yet seahawks are in better shape than the Patriots at the moment.

***OOPS*** i forgot, Thuney signed w/ the Chiefs...So who do the Patriots have? Go ahead, please tell me, who else? Im waiting...

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
rcaido":1vqdnfp6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1vqdnfp6 said:
scutterhawk":1vqdnfp6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1vqdnfp6 said:

Salary cap, you cant keep everyone.

Look at the Patriots draft who do they have left? Thuney & James White who is not even a starter and that's it. Everyone left. Patriots & Seahawks has the most wins the past decade, see a pattern? Yet seahawks are in better shape than the Patriots at the moment.

***OOPS*** i forgot, Thuney signed w/ the Chiefs...So who do the Patriots have? Go ahead, please tell me, who else? Im waiting...
There was really no one other than Frank Clark that was worth keeping but couldn’t.

Frank Clark
Tyler Lockett
Chris Carson
Shaquill Griffin
DK Metcalf
Damien Lewis
Jordyn Brooks

So ever since the 2012 draft Seattle has drafted maybe 7 decent players. That’s pretty damn awful.

Rule

Reaction score
i hear Scot McCloughan runs a scouting service these days... :stirthepot:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":qbh5lych said:
So ever since the 2012 draft Seattle has drafted maybe 7 decent players. That’s pretty damn awful.

It would appear that someone in the Front Office enjoys betting on the "long shots". Inexcusable!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rule":3szrkn20 said:
He actually does..I wish the Hawks would use it.
John/Pete just aren't that good at drafting.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Not sure if the current environment is a plus or minus for Seattle in the draft. I trust them to make the right decision!

Jville

Reaction score
IMO ....... This year's draft picks simply do not offer the same value as last years picks. John Schneider telegraphed as much some time ago.

This year's draft is coming off a damaged covid 19 year. They worked thru, as best they could, a difficult and diminished year of scouting. I'm confident that Schneider adjusted his scouting plan over a year ago. He had the foresight to prepare for this uncertain off season and weaken draft. There are going to be a lot of free agents to chose from at the close of the 3rd draft day. He will continue to maneuver during this unusual off season right up into the draft and beyond.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rule":y1t9cor6 said:

The FO sure could use it.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have had our best drafts when we have worked with Scot either as a member of the Front office or as a consultant, when he was fired from Washington he came here as a Consultant and we did well that draft.

He has a great feel and eye for sure.

Jville

Reaction score
I feel most confident in Football Consultant Steve Hutchinson. He's on the player personnel staff.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":g9r9ley8 said:
scutterhawk":g9r9ley8 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":g9r9ley8 said:
gowazzu02":g9r9ley8 said:

Man, I said, recent drafts.

Not many hits lately.

Stop mentioning, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, etc. those are now considered a lifetime ago and they are not active on the team.

Recent drafts. Go back and grade his picks over the past 3-5 years, not many, cornerstone picks.
LOLOLOLOL Now you sound like Steve Martin in 'The Jerk' where he worked as a carny..."Your prize is anything on any shelf except the two top ones, and in between this area and this area except not below this shelf, and kind of in this area right here" LOLOLOLOL...how many times you gunna move the 'goal post'? :lol:, Oh and....Keep on waiting...I'll take Schneiders' expertise over yours EVERY SINGLE TIME. :177692: