2021 Draft RD 2 PK 56 WR D'wayne Eskridge, W Michigan

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
James in PA":3jicjtth said:
Have to admit I wanted Creed. Couldn’t believe he fell to us .... so OF COURSE we don’t pick him. SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ is complaining about getting hit & Creed falls to us & is a position of need & we take a deep threat WR so Russ can hold the ball longer.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2qvn2y9p said:
SMH. Needed a CB, took a WR. Typical.

The first things said about him, according to his draft profile in nfl.com, are; "not a great route-runner, struggles with contested catches, lacks desired size"

How are we supposed to be happy with this pick?

I don't know, maybe watch some film and form your own opinion?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I must admit I thought Creed or Menierz would have been the pick but happy with this guy.

Be interesting to see where and when they both go.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sorry, but that is just a stupid pick with Creed sitting there at 56. This is why RW talks openly about line protection because of decisions like this by the FO.

Even a OT, OG or even CB would have at least been fine with me. Typical.

Mix

Reaction score
Played 2 games at DB because scouts wanted to get a look at him. Slot WR/ Nickle CB/ Returner?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I like the pick! We needed a WR he is fast and he is a special teams ace too. Sounds like another really good reciever that just got a new contract for us.
We do need a center though which was what I was hoping we would pick.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why are people so in love with Creed? How did he look every time he went against SEC DL? Have we had a C who was ready to go year 1? Unger took a couple years to become a full time C.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
kf3339":ymc8hnne said:
Sorry, but that is just a stupid pick with Creed sitting there at 56. This is why RW talks openly about line protection because of decisions like this by the FO.

Even a OT, OG or even CB would have at least been fine with me. Typical.
There seems to be a run on receivers now. Maybe they didn't want to miss out?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2czhcfyj said:
Creed would have been a home run.

I don’t have an issue with the player but with the position picked. Creed would have been a long term anchor. A WR? Couldn’t we give Ursua a walk shot?

Yes, Yes and Yes
WTF are they thinking?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":1w7d26id said:
Why are people so in love with Creed? How did he look every time he went against SEC DL?

They don't really know what they're talking about. It's alright. Let them complain. They act like Pete and John should run every decision by them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2owtsgao said:
I must admit I thought Creed or Menierz would have been the pick but happy with this guy.

Be interesting to see where and when they both go.
Yep. 4.3 speed, good hands and can flat out run by defenders.
Some of the peeps complaining need to go watch his highlights.
Sure, I was hoping they’d draft a corner with good ball skills but this guy can take simple slants to the house.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I like the player, but I would have preferred Creed Humphrey since he was still (surprisingly) on the board.

WR and returner was a huge need for this team - whether you want to admit it or not. This dude is a baller and will fit nicely.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":18m1u32i said:
CPHawk":18m1u32i said:
Why are people so in love with Creed? How did he look every time he went against SEC DL?

They don't really know what they're talking about. It's alright. Let them complain. They act like Pete and John should run every decision by them.
But hey they won their fantasy football league against their buddies, and smoke their brother at Madden so there is that.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Watching the reverse he ran successfully makes me think this is a combo Wilson/Waldron pick. He's quick, no doubt. That alone will spread out defenses, and with the number of slant-routes he ran in the highlight video, it will remove some pressure from Russ if we run something similar.

James in PA

Reaction score
This pick has “Shane Waldron” written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chapow

Reaction score
Eskridge returned to a receiver role full-time in 2020, garnering first-team All-MAC honors on offense and as a kick returner while also being named the MAC Special Teams Player of the Year. He led the FBS with 213 all-purpose yards per game (one carry, 27 yards; 17 kick returns, 467 yards, 27.5 average, one touchdown) and ranked fourth with 130.7 receiving yards per game and 23.1 yards per reception (34 receptions, 784 yards, eight touchdowns).

That definitely sounds awful and like a completely wasted (end of round 2) pick. We should all be super mad and stuff.

For those of you that aren't watching on NFL Network, they have a next gen stats draft score for each pick. Eskridge received a score of 89 overall, which is quite high, especially for still being there near the end of round 2. For comparison, the Rams pick, Tutu Atwell, received an overall score of 68, and the Panthers pick, Terrace Marshall Jr., received on overall score of 75.