2021 Draft RD 2 PK 56 WR D'wayne Eskridge, W Michigan

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Watched his highlights, don't question the player, just where he was picked. Since the clock basically wound down to the very last second, my guess is they were trying to trade down but just couldn't get a deal done and had to take the best player on their board. Meh, don't hate it, don't love it. I'll give the kid a chance.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jim Nagy has raved about this guy. The Seahawks do love players that show up at the Senior Bowl.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Chapow":30cth28e said:
Eskridge returned to a receiver role full-time in 2020, garnering first-team All-MAC honors on offense and as a kick returner while also being named the MAC Special Teams Player of the Year. He led the FBS with 213 all-purpose yards per game (one carry, 27 yards; 17 kick returns, 467 yards, 27.5 average, one touchdown) and ranked fourth with 130.7 receiving yards per game and 23.1 yards per reception (34 receptions, 784 yards, eight touchdowns).

That definitely sounds awful and like a completely wasted (end of round 2) pick. We should all be super mad and stuff.

For those of you that aren't watching on NFL Network, they have a next gen stats draft score for each pick. Eskridge received a score of 89 overall, which is quite high, especially for still being there near the end of round 2. For comparison, the Rams pick, Tutu Atwell, received an overall score of 68, and the Panthers pick, Terrace Marshall Jr., received on overall score of 75.

I believe his score landed him as the # 20th prospect in the draft. The whole draft. Zach Wilson, the 2nd pick in the draft, scored an 87, by way of comparison. So, let's give the kid a chance.

James in PA

Reaction score
His college highlights are super impressive.

Then again, so were those of Deejay Dallas and Travis Homer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zchurch74

Reaction score
CB …. OL…. No we don’t need. We are stacked at those positions. Let’s just take a SHORT wr. Our first pick is a returner??? SMH.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Reminds me of Tavon Austin.

How did Tavon do in the league??

He has one or two good games against Seattle but didn’t really fair well against other teams.

Let’s hope Seattle didn’t pass up on a pro bowl lineman or corner with this pick...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chiefs take Creed who hasent given up a sack in 2 years.

Face palm 500x329

Chapow

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":uy1znpzn said:
SMH. Needed a CB, took a WR. Typical.

The first things said about him, according to his draft profile in nfl.com, are; "not a great route-runner, struggles with contested catches, lacks desired size"

How are we supposed to be happy with this pick?

How about we post the entire sentence instead of just the negatives?

He's not a great route-runner, will struggle with contested catches and lacks desired size, but he can really fly and has home run potential from anywhere on the field.

Hanjag

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think there is plenty of decent depth receivers that could have been had in the 4th but here are the grades on Centers I know top 2 Landon 85 and Vera-Tucker 91

But Humphrey had an 81 grade
Myers has a 7o
and a 62 for the third best center left Trey Hill

So there you have it the Chiefs just took Humphrey they are smart!

You have right now even after the 3 other WR taken 9th ranked tyler Vaughns USC WR grade 68, and another 2 slots down Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC.

O well,

I don't really care if he is a good player BPA!

James in PA

Reaction score
Maybe we can still get THIS Creed.

C3a7de961cc190f9720d4908a58a024a

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2cnvc93e said:
James in PA":2cnvc93e said:
Have to admit I wanted Creed. Couldn’t believe he fell to us .... so OF COURSE we don’t pick him. SMH.

Russ is complaining about getting hit & Creed falls to us & is a position of need & we take a deep threat WR so Russ can hold the ball longer.

Bit of a mischaracterization of what he is. He's not a one-trick pony.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jerhawk":273qjzvj said:
CPHawk":273qjzvj said:
Why are people so in love with Creed? How did he look every time he went against SEC DL?

They don't really know what they're talking about. It's alright. Let them complain. They act like Pete and John should run every decision by them.

Sure we don't. It's like none of us have ever watched a football game at all. We just watch Pocic being bullrushed back into RW several times a game.

Went to KC, what does that tell you?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":24neptkw said:
Jerhawk":24neptkw said:
CPHawk":24neptkw said:
Why are people so in love with Creed? How did he look every time he went against SEC DL?

They don't really know what they're talking about. It's alright. Let them complain. They act like Pete and John should run every decision by them.

Sure we don't. It's like none of us have ever watched a football game at all. We just watch Pocic being bullrushed back into RW several times a game.

Give the man a chance. He could be the next Tyreek Hill.

purpleworld

Reaction score
We needed more speeeed out of our skill positions, this is a great pick!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
kf3339":2pzrwzwj said:
Jerhawk":2pzrwzwj said:
CPHawk":2pzrwzwj said:

Went to KC, what does that tell you?

It tells me that he fell later than expected for a reason and was taken by a team that mismanaged its offensive line and got undressed nationally for it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Atradees":yt78q8me said:
Dwayne wanted to run a 4.29 at his pro day.........

What does that even mean? I want to run a 4.1, but I can't.

Fade

Reaction score
I believe also they were trying to trade down, but didn't get the offers they were looking for, so they had to pick.

There was a run at receiver so they had to pick that spot now, or they would be looking at a real project at the position.

Eskridge is a dynamite returner, and gives them an element at WR they currently lack, it's by no means a bad pick, in a vacuum it's a good pick.

Some might be feeling a little pressed due to the lack of picks, and want a Center at this spot, but historically good Centers can be found in the middle rounds. Seattle has a 4th rd pick still.

What is important is if this guy can play or not, and I think he can. He can be the Jet player in the run game, return kicks, and be a vertical threat when they are looking to chuck it deep.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sweet. This was they guy to get if going after a WR.

Dynamic. Waldron licking his chops

Swain weeps.

Chapow

Reaction score
zchurch74":359gphka said:
CB …. OL…. No we don’t need. We are stacked at those positions. Let’s just take a SHORT wr. Our first pick is a returner??? SMH.

Yep, a returner... that also averaged 130 receiving yards per game. 4th most in all of FBS.

But sure, he's just a returner. :roll: