49ers at Ravens, 10am East Coast, Let the Mayhem Begin!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":16eax8tq said:
Washington49er":16eax8tq said:
Sports Hernia":16eax8tq said:
Washington49er":16eax8tq said:
Sure sounds like you spend a lot of time there considering you claim not to. As usual your full of $h!t and making $h!t up because you really dont have anything to contribute.

Mods stepped in about the trolls, but you already knew that.
Your level of hypocrisy is stunning, but yet expected.

I’ve spent about 15 minutes reading after the loss today.... and about 5 reading yesterday how the Niners were
Going to dominate the Ravens. So if that’s your definition of A LOT of time, that’s on you. I don’t have an account there and don’t post there.

Cool story bro

It's rich, you accusing other people of trolling other sites with no proof considering you do nothing but troll here, Al Bundy.
He is a hypocrite that’s projecting because he has nothing.
Let him drive himself nuts trying to find my “supposed account” over there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2opfl7kh said:
Maulbert":2opfl7kh said:
Washington49er":2opfl7kh said:
Sports Hernia":2opfl7kh said:
Your level of hypocrisy is stunning, but yet expected.

I’ve spent about 15 minutes reading after the loss today.... and about 5 reading yesterday how the Niners were
Going to dominate the Ravens. So if that’s your definition of A LOT of time, that’s on you. I don’t have an account there and don’t post there.

Cool story bro

It's rich, you accusing other people of trolling other sites with no proof considering you do nothing but troll here, Al Bundy.

Well didn't you tell me there is a Joe or a Montana in your screen name?

:)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1imkxstf said:
Sports Hernia":1imkxstf said:
Maulbert":1imkxstf said:
Washington49er":1imkxstf said:
Cool story bro

Actually it is Joe Idaho, just don’t tell LivinginHawktown/Washington49’er that. 8)
My backup fake accounts are Joe Oregon, Joe Nevada, and Joe California. 8)

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2csko061 said:
chris98251":2csko061 said:
Sports Hernia":2csko061 said:
Maulbert":2csko061 said:

Actually it is Joe Idaho, just don’t tell LivinginHawktown/Washington49’er that. 8)

Well with so many Steve Montana's and Joe Youngs there I would hope you might be original :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":2aztvut9 said:
Sports Hernia":2aztvut9 said:
chris98251":2aztvut9 said:
Sports Hernia":2aztvut9 said:

Well with so many Steve Montana's and Joe Youngs there I would hope you might be original :)

Joe Idaho...cmon man.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":3rrzp5qs said:
Marvin49":3rrzp5qs said:
LastRideOut":3rrzp5qs said:
I kind of get the impression that NO are paper tigers. I believe the Niners will win against NO but by no more than 4 pts.

Dunno, but Niners are MUCH better against QBs who don’t escape the pocket. The only one left on their schedule is Wilson.
Are we sure the Niners are better against pocket QBs? Outside of Rodgers, they literally haven’t played another good pocket QB. Meanwhile, they’ve had 4 games against good/great mobile QBs.

On paper, the Saints are the most talented offensive unit they’ve faced all year with a non-mobile QB. I wouldn’t be shocked if Brees had a similar level of success as Wilson.

Well I can only go by what I’ve seen, but they’ve dominated pocket passers including pretty much the worst game ever by Rodgers. The best performances of the year have been by Murray and Jackson and most of their damage was running the ball.

I mean they are allowing by only like 136 yards passing and that’s before giving up only 105 today. Nobody has ever done that in modern football regardless of schedule so at some point I think we need to stop talking about who they have played.

I said it here....I’m not scared of GB and I’m not scared of NO. Baltimore scared the crap out of me.

Styles make fights. Stylistically, NO is a much more favorable matchup than Baltimore was. That doesn’t mean Niners win, but it’s s much better matchup for them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":28qrjemr said:
chris98251":28qrjemr said:
Sports Hernia":28qrjemr said:
chris98251":28qrjemr said:

Joe Idaho...cmon man.
Hey its better than Joe Massachusetts isn’t it? 8)

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":dihc4ask said:
Turf can hold up but you still have to cut and stride and push off, if you never played a position such as CB, WR, RB or S you don't get it, wet is wet on grass, on turf, on Astro turf, you still slip or turf gives way a bit and can clog cleats etc. Quick reaction moves are not the same which slows the game down speed wise let alone trying to stop and start again.

Play them on a dry surface and Jackson looks faster and quicker and the receivers can make cuts better and get open, it all is subtle but real.

The 49ers were lucky to catch them in the rain is my opinion, it evened things up for them.

Lamar didn't look as fast or explosive against the 49ers in the parts of the game I watched. So I tend to agree the rain was a factor in that. I think of 49ers as a power running type of team, so not sure I buy the part about the rain affecting all the 49ers speedy players, and being a wash as a factor. Jackson was so electric against the Hawks and against the Rams, but did not look as overwhelming against the Niners. I'm going with the the concept that rainy, unsure footing field conditions have a big effect on Jackson as a runner. Like the play where Jackson had a 15 yard run in progress, and then lost his footing and basically slipped and stumbled, where it looked like he dived at the feet of Richard Sherman.

Or maybe Jackson was giving himself up, purely out of respect for Sherman's tackling ability. Kidding, of course.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rd2u670 said:
Seahawkfan80":3rd2u670 said:
chris98251":3rd2u670 said:
Sports Hernia":3rd2u670 said:

Joe Idaho...cmon man.

LMAO...well yes...yes it is. Could have been Joe Rhode Island tho. LOL

Looks like the niners are staying in Bradenton Florida this week too on their way to Nawlins. Just saw it on nawlins website.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":9wxundfx said:
Sports Hernia":9wxundfx said:
Seahawkfan80":9wxundfx said:
chris98251":9wxundfx said:

Joe Idaho...cmon man.

LMAO...well yes...yes it is. Could have been Joe Rhode Island tho. LOL

Looks like the niners are staying in Bradenton Florida this week too on their way to Nawlins. Just saw it on nawlins website.
Touché.

Marvin49

Reaction score
olyfan63":1nk3wfix said:
chris98251":1nk3wfix said:
Turf can hold up but you still have to cut and stride and push off, if you never played a position such as CB, WR, RB or S you don't get it, wet is wet on grass, on turf, on Astro turf, you still slip or turf gives way a bit and can clog cleats etc. Quick reaction moves are not the same which slows the game down speed wise let alone trying to stop and start again.

Play them on a dry surface and Jackson looks faster and quicker and the receivers can make cuts better and get open, it all is subtle but real.

The 49ers were lucky to catch them in the rain is my opinion, it evened things up for them.

Lamar didn't look as fast or explosive against the 49ers in the parts of the game I watched. So I tend to agree the rain was a factor in that. I think of 49ers as a power running type of team, so not sure I buy the part about the rain affecting all the 49ers speedy players, and being a wash as a factor. Jackson was so electric against the Hawks and against the Rams, but did not look as overwhelming against the Niners. I'm going with the the concept that rainy, unsure footing field conditions have a big effect on Jackson as a runner. Like the play where Jackson had a 15 yard run in progress, and then lost his footing and basically slipped and stumbled, where it looked like he dived at the feet of Richard Sherman.

Or maybe Jackson was giving himself up, purely out of respect for Sherman's tackling ability. Kidding, of course.

The 49ers are NOT a power running team. They are a zone running team who attacks the edges with 3 backs that run 4.4. They utilize small, fast linemen, not hogs. They are all based on movement.

Jackson looked pretty fast to me BTW. Lol.

Honestly, I don’t think there is really a resolution to this discussion as it’s all opinion, but I do think it’s s different game on a dry, neutral field. I could also make the 10AM, East Coast game argument, but bottom line Ravens were better today. Niners had a few opportunities to win the game and failed to do so.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":ye58e1n1 said:
olyfan63":ye58e1n1 said:
chris98251":ye58e1n1 said:

The 49ers are NOT a power running team. They are a zone running team who attacks the edges with 3 backs that run 4.4. They utilize small, fast linemen, not hogs. They are all based on movement.

Jackson looked pretty fast to me BTW. Lol.

Honestly, I don’t think there is really a resolution to this discussion as it’s all opinion, but I do think it’s s different game on a dry, neutral field. I could also make the 10AM, East Coast game argument, but bottom line Ravens were better today. Niners had a few opportunities to win the game and failed to do so.

The 10am argument won't get you far here. The Hawks have won 7 straight games with 10am starts. They haven't lost a 10am start since October of 2016. Pete has utterly destroyed the excuse.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":3szdwmlr said:
The 10am argument won't get you far here. The Hawks have won 7 straight games with 10am starts. They haven't lost a 10am start since October of 2016. Pete has utterly destroyed the excuse.
Not that I'm taking his side, but in actuality, few around here like 10am games. Yes, we've had a good run winning that many consecutive 10am starts; but be honest, wouldn't you ALWAYS prefer a 1pm or later start?

Here's our thread from the 2019 schedule release this year where a number of people reference it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153934

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bjfymy0 said:
Maulbert":1bjfymy0 said:
Not that I'm taking his side, but in actuality, few around here like 10am games. Yes, we've had a good run winning that many consecutive 10am starts; but be honest, wouldn't you ALWAYS prefer a 1pm or later start?

Here's our thread from the 2019 schedule release this year where a number of people reference it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153934

I don't like them, I'm just saying the excuse won't go far here.

knownone

Reaction score
Marvin49":346rhs5r said:
knownone":346rhs5r said:
Marvin49":346rhs5r said:
LastRideOut":346rhs5r said:
I kind of get the impression that NO are paper tigers. I believe the Niners will win against NO but by no more than 4 pts.

Dunno, but Niners are MUCH better against QBs who don’t escape the pocket. The only one left on their schedule is Wilson.
Are we sure the Niners are better against pocket QBs? Outside of Rodgers, they literally haven’t played another good pocket QB. Meanwhile, they’ve had 4 games against good/great mobile QBs.

On paper, the Saints are the most talented offensive unit they’ve faced all year with a non-mobile QB. I wouldn’t be shocked if Brees had a similar level of success as Wilson.

Well I can only go by what I’ve seen, but they’ve dominated pocket passers including pretty much the worst game ever by Rodgers. The best performances of the year have been by Murray and Jackson and most of their damage was running the ball.

I mean they are allowing by only like 136 yards passing and that’s before giving up only 105 today. Nobody has ever done that in modern football regardless of schedule so at some point I think we need to stop talking about who they have played.

I said it here....I’m not scared of GB and I’m not scared of NO. Baltimore scared the crap out of me.

Styles make fights. Stylistically, NO is a much more favorable matchup than Baltimore was. That doesn’t mean Niners win, but it’s s much better matchup for them.
That’s fair, but we are talking about Kyle Allen, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolf, Jared Goff, Case Keenum, Andy Dalton, and Jameis Winston. Don’t get me wrong the pass defense is obviously great and that’s impressive regardless of level of competition, but I think it’s a reflection of the QBs rather than their mobility.

I picked the Niners to beat the Ravens by double digits. So we don’t share the same fear of their offense. Honestly, I think the Niners Defense shuts Lamar down if they play again.

I’m not sold on the Saints, but they do present a unique stylistic challenge. They are pretty stacked on every level of their offense and they have the best QB/WR tandem in the league. We’ll see how it goes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":2x13b4m6 said:
Marvin49":2x13b4m6 said:
knownone":2x13b4m6 said:
Marvin49":2x13b4m6 said:

That’s fair, but we are talking about Kyle Allen, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolf, Jared Goff, Case Keenum, Andy Dalton, and Jameis Winston. Don’t get me wrong the pass defense is obviously great and that’s impressive regardless of level of competition, but I think it’s a reflection of the QBs rather than their mobility.

I picked the Niners to beat the Ravens by double digits. So we don’t share the same fear of their offense. Honestly, I think the Niners Defense shuts Lamar down if they play again.

I’m not sold on the Saints, but they do present a unique stylistic challenge. They are pretty stacked on every level of their offense and they have the best QB/WR tandem in the league. We’ll see how it goes.

I guess the best way I can put it is this...

Its not the #s so much that I'm talking about RE mobile QBs, tho there is certainly an argument to be made there. Its the way the D, and in particular the D-Line attacks that I'm talking about. When playing against Kyler and Jackson and to a lesser degree against Wilson the D slow rushes and tries to keep them in the pocket. You will see them pushing, but they aren't trying to get past their man till the last second and instead just push and shrink the pocket.

They do this to keep them inside and not let them leak out and pick up chunks of yards on the ground. IE, the 49ers biggest strength on D is somewhat neutralized by running QBs.

When they play a pocket passer, its a completely different pass rush. They pin their ears back and go.That why they have 45 sacks on the season ranking second and that's only because they were only able to get 1 sack yesterday on Lamar. Panthers now lead NFL with 46.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2l4u093s said:
Maulbert":2l4u093s said:
I don't like them, I'm just saying the excuse won't go far here.
Except, we've used it around here numerous times in past seasons, so...

LOL.

I wasn't rally using it per se, but yeah I get it.

There really isn't an excuse. Ravens just made a few more plays. Niners BTW aren't coming home this week. They are staying in Florida to acclimate to timezone before going to NO, so 10AM start can't be an excuse.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2g8kqu0z said:
hawksfansinceday1":2g8kqu0z said:
Marvin49":2g8kqu0z said:
.....Niners seemed to figure something out defending Lamar running late in the game tho.....

This is gonna come down to the wire in NFC West.......
Agree and agree.
Be interesting to see what Buffalo does against Lamar next week cuz it sure did look like your team found a way. As for throwing for 105, yeah but wet, heavy balls (LOL). Jimmy barely over 160 right?
Weather took the long passing game away for the most part.
Take away the TD where Peters did his best Tedric Thompson impersonation at the goal line on 4th and 2, and GQ is barely over 100 yards, and the game doesn’t come down to a last second FG.

We let Wilson throw prayer after prayer after prayer and accept it.

Let the playboy have his one deep ball.