49ers now have the most cap space in the NFL (41 mil)

94Smith

Reaction score
They restructured Amrstead and have 41.5 million in cap space. What the heck are they doing? They are just kicking the can down the road . Is this a move for Brian Burns? An all in over the top Super Bowl or bust move? This is going to bite them in the ass

94Smith

Reaction score
Hopefully its just to extend Aiyuk

94Smith

Reaction score
A beat writer is speculating (David Lombardi)

-frontload bosa
-aquire big new contract
-rollover cap to 2024
-All of the above?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It feels like they're following the Rams' blueprints and going all in this year, I'm not sure they'd put themselves in this kind of situation unless they were going all in...They created the cap space, wouldn't be surprised to see some splash trades coming soon

Mizak

Reaction score
Can they trade for Mike Evans? He’s stopped negotiating for a contract with Bucs.

morgulon1

Reaction score
My guess is they are going all in.

They're a really good team but if they're going to win , it has to be now. I think the pressure is on from ownership,fans .
They dodged a bullet with Purdy. If they hadn't taken a flyer on that guy they would probably be updating their resumes (Trey Lance anyone?)

Couldn't resist.

flv2

Reaction score
The best way i've found of looking at the future cap situation is to look at how much current and past money is going to be accounted for in the future. That's effectively how far each team is over the cap. Teams used to be ok with that figure being up to about 50% of the actual cap. As the cap grows relative to minimum wage that percentage can be increased. In 2021 The Cowboys had about $62M of future dead cap, the Seahawks were about the same, and the Rams had about $85M, (which was up from $22M in 2017 and represented an overspend of $63M over that time period). The Eagles are insanely over the cap to the tune of $200M on a $224M cap. Compared to the Eagles every team is in good shape.