49ers vs Cowboys

flv

Reaction score
The 49ers are the best non division winner in the playoffs and they're tough to beat. The Packers will have their hands full.

Elemas

Reaction score
Lmfao!! I’m actually hoping NFC West teams tear it up… kinda wish AZ and LA didn’t have to play each other yet.

Tough conference….and it shows.

That plus it’s ALWAYS a good day when the Cowgirls lose. The way they lost too….bwahahahaha.

TAB420

Reaction score
Why? Because the Cowgirls couldn't do what we did, twice?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2560edoh said:
Cowboys are who we thought they were...overhyped because they play in the nfc east. Any other div they are not a playoff team
They are an 8 or 9 win team in any other division.

TAB420

Reaction score
Stud":2wq6i91s said:
UK_Seahawk":2wq6i91s said:
If I'm the Packers I'm rubbing my hands at the thought of playing that shower of $h!t.

Better than not playing the Seahawks who didn't even make the playoffs.
Is English your second language?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stud":2ykn4c10 said:
Cyrus12":2ykn4c10 said:
Cowboys are who we thought they were...overhyped because they play in the nfc east. Any other div they are not a playoff team

Yup. The NFL West is full of physical teams, all 4 of them. The NFC East sucks and I'm not surprised the 49ers shut down the highest scoring team to just 17 points today.

Dak prescott's record vs non NFC East teams is 28-27.
So true.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2mtr8e4l said:
After seeing 49ers sideline defence, didn't Dallas call a timeout?

And that was the play they came up with?

I think Mike McCarthy may be looking for a new job on Monday.
Naw, Jerry Jones is loyal to a fault. It took him 10 years to get rid of Red Garrett.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope Jerruh Jones lives to the age of 200, and every second until then he is running/ruining the *allas Cowboys, which will mean 0 super bowl appearances in that time period. 8)

Threedee

Reaction score
If we can get to the middle of this century with zero Cowgirls SB appearances, will they stop being the most valuable NFL franchise?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":3pervrcx said:
If we can get to the middle of this century with zero Cowgirls SB appearances, will they stop being the most valuable NFL franchise?
No, they still will be on National TV 9 times a year even if they had 10 no win seasons in a row.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Cyrus12":6j0fk3t0 said:
Game over. Boys advance and they shouldn't be. Jimmy G implodes and ruins their best d player for life because of his $h!t throw. Really wanted to see the boys lose in rd1. If Shannyn brings back Jimmy he should be fired.

lol

RiverDog

Reaction score
That had to have been the worst played playoff game that I've ever watched. The Cowboys had 14 penalties while the Niners were flagged 9 times, some just absolute killers for both teams. Jimmy G not only badly overthrew a pass at short range and not under pressure for an interception when they had a two score lead in the 4th quarter, he drilled one into the ground at short range and not under pressure to George Kittle that nearly became a turnover. But even worse was Dak Prescott's scramble from the Niners 40 with just 14 seconds, a questionable call in the first place, then didn't have the common sense to give the ref the ball, wasting precious seconds.

The 49'ers need to fire their special teams coach. The Cowboys, at midfield and trailing by two scores in the 4th quarter, 4th down and 5, were in a perfect spot for a fake punt and the Niners leave a receiver wide open.

Dak Prescott's numbers were incredibly bad, Garoppolo's not a lot better. One TD pass between the two of them.

Neither of those teams deserved to win.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RiverDog":493uav9u said:
That had to have been the worst played playoff game that I've ever watched. The Cowboys had 14 penalties while the Niners were flagged 9 times, some just absolute killers for both teams. Jimmy G not only badly overthrew a pass at short range and not under pressure for an interception when they had a two score lead in the 4th quarter, he drilled one into the ground at short range and not under pressure to George Kittle that nearly became a turnover. But even worse was Dak Prescott's scramble from the Niners 40 with just 14 seconds, a questionable call in the first place, then didn't have the common sense to give the ref the ball, wasting precious seconds.

The 49'ers need to fire their special teams coach. The Cowboys, at midfield and trailing by two scores in the 4th quarter, 4th down and 5, were in a perfect spot for a fake punt and the Niners leave a receiver wide open.

Dak Prescott's numbers were incredibly bad, Garoppolo's not a lot better. One TD pass between the two of them.

Neither of those teams deserved to win.

Not gonna get into the rest, but completely agree with the bolded. One of the worst special teams units in the league.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Bottom line for me...

49ers didn't play particularly well and still won the game. The NFC East is a joke.

49ers actually made some mistakes that kept Dallas in the game (the INT was inexcusable) and the Cowboys STILL couldn't take it from them.

For all this talk about the last play, the Cowboys never led in the game and were down 23-7 starting the 4th quarter.

- If Jimmy hits that pass to Aiyuk, game is likely over.
- If Jimmy doesn't throw the INT, the game is likely over.
- If Trent Willimas moves faster to get lined up for the Sneak, game is likely over.

I say this not to pump up the Niners as those are all BAD mistakes and you always expect one or 2 of those from Jimmy. My point is while so much attention is on that last play of the game, the Cowboys sucked the ENTIRE DAY. They got bullied in a big way.

As a long time Niner fan who remembers the team of the 80's and 90's, it was reminding me of the 92' and 93' Championship games where SF was the high-flying offensive juggernaut and Dallas just punched them in the mouth over and over. It was just reversed now.

None of that is to say the 49ers go on to win a ring. In fact I think it'll be very, VERY tough to go into GB on 6 days rest and beat Rodgers (tho this team has a good record against them), but the real story here is that Dallas was SOFT. In a big way.

chris98251

Reaction score
My problem with every game pretty much is the officials had too much to do with the games outcomes, the officiating should not be a hot topic in the games and it has been over and over. The League has to do something at some point. The officials are becoming more a storyline then the games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Jones was talking to the architects who built AT&T.

Architect: "So Jerry, what are you ideas?"

Jones: "Well, I know I want stripper poles going all the way around, cause I'm classy like that."

Architect: "Got it. Anything else?"

Jones: "Yeah I want the stadium to be open and face east/west so that the players are blinded all the time by the sun."

Architect: "Interesting choice, but sure. What else?"

Jones: "The final thing I need is a scoreboard so obnoxiously big that it hangs down so low that the punters will hit it at least three times a game."

Architect: SOLD! That'll be a billion dollars please."