49ers vs Cowboys

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2ieia0vd said:
My problem with every game pretty much is the officials had too much to do with the games outcomes, the officiating should not be a hot topic in the games and it has been over and over. The League has to do something at some point. The officials are becoming more a storyline then the games.

Honestly, I don't think it's any different than it's always been.

What bugs me more in this game in particular is how Dallas fans act like something was taken from them when:

1) The ref did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do. The players messed it up at the end.
2) If they DO get the ball spiked at the end its still one play from the 25 yard line or they lose.
3) They'd essentially had their a$$es handed to them all day, but no its the ref at the end of the game that screwed them.

Please.

Cowboys were exposed. 49ers made mistakes that gave the Cowboys a chance. NOTHING was taken away from them. They screwed it up all on their own.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3q73adwj said:
Bottom line for me...

49ers didn't play particularly well and still won the game. The NFC East is a joke.

49ers actually made some mistakes that kept Dallas in the game (the INT was inexcusable) and the Cowboys STILL couldn't take it from them.

For all this talk about the last play, the Cowboys never led in the game and were down 23-7 starting the 4th quarter.

- If Jimmy hits that pass to Aiyuk, game is likely over.
- If Jimmy doesn't throw the INT, the game is likely over.
- If Trent Willimas moves faster to get lined up for the Sneak, game is likely over.

I say this not to pump up the Niners as those are all BAD mistakes and you always expect one or 2 of those from Jimmy. My point is while so much attention is on that last play of the game, the Cowboys sucked the ENTIRE DAY. They got bullied in a big way.

As a long time Niner fan who remembers the team of the 80's and 90's, it was reminding me of the 92' and 93' Championship games where SF was the high-flying offensive juggernaut and Dallas just punched them in the mouth over and over. It was just reversed now.

None of that is to say the 49ers go on to win a ring. In fact I think it'll be very, VERY tough to go into GB on 6 days rest and beat Rodgers (tho this team has a good record against them), but the real story here is that Dallas was SOFT. In a big way.
Congrats Marv
I hate the Cowboys and yes they got whupped until 9ers took the foot off.
I don't think 9ers go far but anything can happen.
:irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3f5a7ufx said:
chris98251":3f5a7ufx said:
My problem with every game pretty much is the officials had too much to do with the games outcomes, the officiating should not be a hot topic in the games and it has been over and over. The League has to do something at some point. The officials are becoming more a storyline then the games.

What bugs me more in this game in particular is how Dallas fans act like something was taken from them when:

1) The ref did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do. The players messed it up at the end.
2) If they DO get the ball spiked at the end its still one play from the 25 yard line or they lose.
3) They'd essentially had their a$$es handed to them all day, but no its the ref at the end of the game that screwed them.

Please.

Cowboys were exposed. 49ers made mistakes that gave the Cowboys a chance. NOTHING was taken away from them. They screwed it up all on their own.

Well, there is more than that play, that was end game and yes, the ball should have been handed to the Ref, prior to that however the Cowboys just executed poorly all game, so the better team won.

Officials should not be in a narrative ever in my view, but it's been an issue ever since the Raiders Patriots game years ago.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Marvin49":29rozobp said:
Bottom line for me...

49ers didn't play particularly well and still won the game. The NFC East is a joke.

49ers actually made some mistakes that kept Dallas in the game (the INT was inexcusable) and the Cowboys STILL couldn't take it from them.

For all this talk about the last play, the Cowboys never led in the game and were down 23-7 starting the 4th quarter.

- If Trent Willimas moves faster to get lined up for the Sneak, game is likely over.

I say this not to pump up the Niners as those are all BAD mistakes and you always expect one or 2 of those from Jimmy. My point is while so much attention is on that last play of the game, the Cowboys sucked the ENTIRE DAY. They got bullied in a big way.

As a long time Niner fan who remembers the team of the 80's and 90's, it was reminding me of the 92' and 93' Championship games where SF was the high-flying offensive juggernaut and Dallas just punched them in the mouth over and over. It was just reversed now.

None of that is to say the 49ers go on to win a ring. In fact I think it'll be very, VERY tough to go into GB on 6 days rest and beat Rodgers (tho this team has a good record against them), but the real story here is that Dallas was SOFT. In a big way.

You can't deny that Garoppolo played poorly in that 4th quarter. It was only dumb luck that he didn't cost them the game. That ball he threw to Kittle's shoelaces was just as bad as the interception he overthrew, both unforced errors at short range. And it's the QB's responsibility to make sure his linemen are set before he calls for the snap. It's not like an OT is used to being moved across the formation like a position player is. Besides, I'm not sure why they had to motion their tackle anyway. Everybody in the stadium knew that a QB sneak was coming, and you're not going to fool a DT or MLB into thinking otherwise.

And speaking of special teams, not covering the fake punt was just one titanic blunder. So, too, was the roughing the punter penalty. You don't call for punt block when you're up by two scores and with your defense playing well.

I agree with your statement about the NFC East. It's been the weakest division in football for the past few years. And I like the Niners chances in Green Bay, too. Your defense has been playing great and should get Bosa and Warner back, you have a solid running game along with the best TE in football, Debo is a beast, and Garoppolo rarely plays poorly in consecutive weeks, so he's due for a good game. But there's no way that any self-respecting Niners fan can be happy with that performance yesterday outside of the fact that they won. The Niners were the beneficiary of 14 Cowboys penalties and a horrible performance from their opposing QB yet they barely hung on for the win. It was a sloppily played game on both sides of the field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gx0byzk said:
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Jones was talking to the architects who built AT&T.

Architect: "So Jerry, what are you ideas?"

Jones: "Well, I know I want stripper poles going all the way around, cause I'm classy like that."

Architect: "Got it. Anything else?"

Jones: "Yeah I want the stadium to be open and face east/west so that the players are blinded all the time by the sun."

Architect: "Interesting choice, but sure. What else?"

Jones: "The final thing I need is a scoreboard so obnoxiously big that it hangs down so low that the punters will hit it at least three times a game."

Architect: SOLD! That'll be a billion dollars please."
You wouldn’t think it wouldnt take much to buy a set of curtains to block out the sun.
Jerruh is supposed to be a billionaire and all.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If Dak had spiked it with one second left, where would be the seconds to set up the quarterback sneak? It'd seem that's what you had to do, versus spiking it.

9er4life

Reaction score
chris98251":2udiy04t said:
Marvin49":2udiy04t said:
chris98251":2udiy04t said:

Please.

Well, there is more than that play, that was end game and yes, the ball should have been handed to the Ref, prior to that however the Cowboys just executed poorly all game, so the better team won.

Officials should not be in a narrative ever in my view, but it's been an issue ever since the Raiders Patriots game years ago.

Cowboys most penalties in the league, because thats what they do. Every penalty I saw on both sides last night were legit. Dallas held the whole game, not just O, their D is notorious for holding too.

F the Cowboys and their crying a$$ fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
9er4life":1l6joggj said:
chris98251":1l6joggj said:
Marvin49":1l6joggj said:
chris98251":1l6joggj said:

Please.

Cowboys most penalties in the league, because thats what they do. Every penalty I saw on both sides last night were legit. Dallas held the whole game, not just O, their D is notorious for holding too.

The Cowboy O-line gets away with more holding than any other team.
The rare times it does get called it’s on their rookies or lesser known players.
None of their “superstar” O-lineman get called. I don’t ever recall Martin getting called for a hold even though he does often.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RiverDog":353dyfrv said:
Marvin49":353dyfrv said:
Bottom line for me...

You can't deny that Garoppolo played poorly in that 4th quarter. It was only dumb luck that he didn't cost them the game. That ball he threw to Kittle's shoelaces was just as bad as the interception he overthrew, both unforced errors at short range. And it's the QB's responsibility to make sure his linemen are set before he calls for the snap. It's not like an OT is used to being moved across the formation like a position player is. Besides, I'm not sure why they had to motion their tackle anyway. Everybody in the stadium knew that a QB sneak was coming, and you're not going to fool a DT or MLB into thinking otherwise.

And speaking of special teams, not covering the fake punt was just one titanic blunder. So, too, was the roughing the punter penalty. You don't call for punt block when you're up by two scores and with your defense playing well.

I agree with your statement about the NFC East. It's been the weakest division in football for the past few years. And I like the Niners chances in Green Bay, too. Your defense has been playing great and should get Bosa and Warner back, you have a solid running game along with the best TE in football, Debo is a beast, and Garoppolo rarely plays poorly in consecutive weeks, so he's due for a good game. But there's no way that any self-respecting Niners fan can be happy with that performance yesterday outside of the fact that they won. The Niners were the beneficiary of 14 Cowboys penalties and a horrible performance from their opposing QB yet they barely hung on for the win. It was a sloppily played game on both sides of the field.

I don’t deny anything. Revealed today that he hurt is throwing shoulder in 2nd quarter, but gotta admit…getting tired of using that as an excuse. He’s always good for a few WTF plays a game. That’s what will always hold them back. It’s a reason why Trey Lance is the future of this team.

Special Teams has been an issue all year.

As I’ve said several times, the 49ers were crushing the Cowboys despite not playing all that well. 49ers mistakes in the 4th are the only reason the game was close.

olyfan63

Reaction score
9er4life":3m63jmyr said:
chris98251":3m63jmyr said:
Marvin49":3m63jmyr said:
chris98251":3m63jmyr said:

Please.

EVERY IMPORTANT PENALTY CALLED IN THAT GAME WAS CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ON REPLAY.
What more can you ask from an NFL officiating crew? This crew was absolutely excellent, and the game was decided by players making plays (or not) on the field. They even got the "2 inches short" call right with replay help. That was a bit of a gift to the Cowboys, and usually the officials won't split hairs on a spot like they did there.

It also showed the crap that Cowboys players thought they could get away with, the couple of ridiculous defensive holding penalties on Cowboys defenders. It was "you gotta be kidding me" material, but, sure enough, clear and obvious on replay.

I would be super-happy if that reffing crew worked EVERY playoff game, and every Seahawks game next season. They called what was there, didn't call any phantom BS. Couldn't ask for more.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":3liz7xem said:

Marvin49":3liz7xem said:
I don’t deny anything. Revealed today that he hurt is throwing shoulder in 2nd quarter, but gotta admit…getting tired of using that as an excuse. He’s always good for a few WTF plays a game. That’s what will always hold them back. It’s a reason why Trey Lance is the future of this team.

Special Teams has been an issue all year.

As I’ve said several times, the 49ers were crushing the Cowboys despite not playing all that well. 49ers mistakes in the 4th are the only reason the game was close.

I agree. The Niners were clearly the better team, or at least they were last Sunday. The game wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Niners defense was outstanding, especially considering the injuries to a couple of their key players, ie Bosa and Warner.

And as someone else said, I didn't have a problem with any of the calls I saw. IMO it was a well officiated game, at least from what I could determine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And yet Mike McCarthy somehow keeps his job. Wow.
But, that was an impressive win by Santa Clara, can't deny that. They were fired up, prepared, well coached and came to play. Dominated the entire game from start to finish.
But, looking forward to seeing them get smoked this weekend. Side note, that stupid big boom box thing and the players flashing signs........beyond stupid.

RiverDog

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v6ky7eah said:
But, that was an impressive win by Santa Clara, can't deny that. They were fired up, prepared, well coached and came to play. Dominated the entire game from start to finish.
But, looking forward to seeing them get smoked this weekend. Side note, that stupid big boom box thing and the players flashing signs........beyond stupid.

They were prepared well except for their special teams. Their punt return team had two huge screw ups, both coaching related.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. But I still see a team that is very well coached. Here in Seattle, we could use some good coaching that actually adjusts in game. And actually is willing to do things different and/or according to what the opponent is doing.
I hate them, but that team is clearly well coached.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Really, the entire situation could have been avoided if the Cowboys didn't take such a risky gamble on the playcall to begin with, or Prescott had slid a bit sooner. Coincidentally, game logs indicate that the Cowboys did get the final snap off, and that the game ended with the spike, not with the clock expiring. That means that the Cowboys did, technically, have an opportunity to throw the ball at the end zone in a last-ditch effort to win or tie the game if they hadn't spiked it.

Let the discourse commence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/de ... ar-AASSkow

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1iyn6gjg said:

Not a fan of it either.

Started in 2019.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RiverDog":20sobrak said:
SoulfishHawk":20sobrak said:

They were prepared well except for their special teams. Their punt return team had two huge screw ups, both coaching related.

Special Teams has been an issue all year. Coaching is IMO an issue there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Honest question for you. Do you think they win this weekend? I can't see either NFC West team winning on the road vs. Tom Brady and Erin Rodgers. Just an opinion.
But, your Niners are heating up at the right time, so you never know.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33ziyqn9 said:
Honest question for you. Do you think they win this weekend? I can't see either NFC West team winning on the road vs. Tom Brady and Erin Rodgers. Just an opinion.
But, your Niners are heating up at the right time, so you never know.

I don't like to frame answers that way. IE, I don't wanna say what I think they WILL do as its unknowable.

I'd frame it this way. I think they have a decent chance of winning based on the same reason I thought they had a chance at Dallas:

Styles make fights.

Now, does that mean I think they WILL win? I'd put it at like 60-40 against. Even that might be my bias showing.

GB is rested, at home, and WILL NOT take SF lightly, regardless of the matchup. Jimmy has a habit of making the critical mistake at the worst time.

I like the Niners history vs GB, especially in the playoffs vs Rodgers (3-0), but streaks are made to be broken.

As I said last week, should be fun.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
My first thought was whether not putting Dallas away with 3 FGs instead of TDs in the first half would cost the Niners. Same thought when Jimmy G missed Aiyuk.

With all the other blunders in the games, another Cowboy golden boy, Diggs is getting a free pass for how silly he looked on a few routes in the game.

I was getting really annoyed on that last drive as to how soft the Niners were playing on the corners giving up big chunks of yards and letting the receivers get out of bounds so I can imagine how Niner fans felt watching that.

Latest posts