49ers vs Cowboys

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":36gxhktb said:
Really, the entire situation could have been avoided if the Cowboys didn't take such a risky gamble on the playcall to begin with, or Prescott had slid a bit sooner. Coincidentally, game logs indicate that the Cowboys did get the final snap off, and that the game ended with the spike, not with the clock expiring. That means that the Cowboys did, technically, have an opportunity to throw the ball at the end zone in a last-ditch effort to win or tie the game if they hadn't spiked it.

Let the discourse commence.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/de ... ar-AASSkow

I've been thinking they need to show milliseconds for some time now. To dismiss possible delay of game no-call accusations, to prove delay of game calls, etc.

Just another reason why they should implement this, as they only showed the regular second timer during the game replay.

Also, for consistency purposes as well -- hold a ******* standard, NFL.

94Smith

Reaction score
A couple of things:

One poster mentioned Dak had a terrible performance. Perhaps his performance was bad because the 49ers defense was playing so well? Our defense has been lights out since Ambry Thomas has matured and Emmanuel Mosely has come back. Our defensive line is also getting a lot more pressures as Arik Armstead is playing well as is Arden Key and DJ jones are enjoying one on ones with Bosa being double and triple teamed. The 49ers defense has the #2 overall dVOA rank. They are not as good as they were in 2019, but still playing pretty good ball against some offensive juggernauts the last two weeks. Run defense is stout and we also have Dre Greenlaw back for the first time all season.

Can the 49ers win in Green Bay? Sure they can. Green Bay only won by a last second FG week 3 with 27 seconds left and I think the 49ers are playing much better football now. This is the weakest run defense we have faced in the last three weeks and we did not have Elijah Mitchell at RB in the first game and had not transitiioned to using Deebo in the back field yet. Keys are getting Bosa back and winning or tying the turnover battle. I think Fred Warner is less important because I think our LB core is strong, but Bosa is next level and should allow more pressure. The 49ers did not get a lot of pressure on Rodgers in the first game, but I think that is an area that has improved by moving Armstead inside and the emergence of Arden Key and Jones.

Regarding the milliseconds possibly left on the clock when Dak spiked it, as the great coach Steve Mariucci once said "Bummer" :lol:

94Smith

Reaction score
Also people say the Cowboys were overrated because they play in the NFC east....

Eagles, WFC, Giants
Vikings, Bears, Lions

Pretty similar comparison.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
NFC North isn't a great division either but there was a definite difference between the Cowboys and Packers when it comes to out of division games and games vs playoff teams.

94Smith

Reaction score
Week 3 , 49ers did not run the ball effectively (Trey Sermon vs Mitchell/Deebo), 67 total yards on 22 carries

Greenbay won the turnover battle ( 2-0)

49ers could not pressure Rodgers (1 sack)

49ers secondary was not as good (Lenoir/Johnson & Moseley vs Thomas/Moseley)

Garoppolo had a shaky 1st half and they were behind

49ers allowed pressure on Garoppolo and he was sacked 4 times (see sack totals last 3 weeks, Tom Compton playing better than McGlinchey)

Yet DESPITE all of this , they required a last second field goal to win

I think the 49ers are going to run the ball down their throats and this game will be a lot more different.

Davante adams will get his and is all pro for a reason.

If 49ers have Bosa playing and win or tie the turnover battle, they will win.

94Smith

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2mueolq0 said:
NFC North isn't a great division either but there was a definite difference between the Cowboys and Packers when it comes to out of division games and games vs playoff teams.

Most of those wins were very close games. It is not like they were blowing those playoff teams out. They are very beatable. I am just saying that between all 4 remaining NFC teams, there is no clear favorite. Any of the 4 could take the NFC crown.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
94Smith":2t2zhqmr said:
HawkRiderFan":2t2zhqmr said:

Most of those wins were very close games. It is not like they were blowing those playoff teams out. They are very beatable. I am just saying that between all 4 remaining NFC teams, there is no clear favorite. Any of the 4 could take the NFC crown.

If Bosa and Warner can't play, this is going to be beatdown for your Niners. No way Jimmy G can go toe to toe with Rodgers without his defense keeping it low scoring.

If those guys are healthy? Then yes, I think the Niners can keep it close.

flv

Reaction score
The Cowboys were 6-0 vs the NFC East with a points differential of +133. In their 11 games against the rest of the NFL they were 6-5 with a points differential of +39. That 6-5 record is still a quality record considering there were 6 road games. Can't knock the Cowboys for dismantling their divisional opponents either. Good team, good season, just wasn't meant to be. The 49ers were the better team on the day. I'm hoping it's an all NFC West NFC Championship game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
94Smith":3hrxsjo5 said:
One poster mentioned Dak had a terrible performance. Perhaps his performance was bad because the 49ers defense was playing so well?

I'm not taking anything away from the Niners defense, to the contrary, they did play lights out, especially when you consider that they played a good part of the 2nd half without two of their better players.

But Dak played terrible, took a couple of ill advised sacks and was off target on a number of throws. And that QB draw screw up where he didn't give the ball to the ref was an unforced, 100% error that was inexcusable.

I expect the Niners to play very well in Green Bay as their defense should keep the game close, and they could come out with a win if Garoppolo were to pull his head out of his arse.