5 potential Russell Wilson trades by Fansided

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If I were to rank the trades in the fansided article -

1. Giants
2. Eagles
3. Saints
4. Broncos
5. Some team not named Browns (didn't like that suggestion at all)

Rat

Reaction score
It's obvious that a Seahawks fan wrote that article. Each of those trades are completely insane for the other team and huge wins for Seattle.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
As BigBlueView (Giants SB Nation site reported, Jimmy G is in the mix for Daniel Jones and a third as they don't see picking up Jones' fifth year option. He'd come to SF and push Trey Lance.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sh ... ar-AAScQFb

I doubt with this rhetoric that the Giants will part ways with a greater haul of picks plus Russ' contract just for a bridge QB. Doubt Russ would wnat to go there with the number of holes on the team as it is.

The Saints, on the other hand, seem the most distinct possibility. Their D is stout, and they shut out Brady with Taysom Hill. I can see them offering us Hill/Winston plus a first and second at least.

The Broncos could offer two firsts and a two seconds, conceivably, but a lot of that depends on where the Whelen family is with their ownership fight.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3imz8fw6 said:
As BigBlueView (Giants SB Nation site reported, Jimmy G is in the mix for Daniel Jones and a third as they don't see picking up Jones' fifth year option. He'd come to SF and push Trey Lance.

I doubt with this rhetoric that the Giants will part ways with a greater haul of picks plus Russ' contract just for a bridge QB. Doubt Russ would wnat to go there with the number of holes on the team as it is.

The Saints, on the other hand, seem the most distinct possibility. Their D is stout, and they shut out Brady with Taysom Hill. I can see them offering us Hill/Winston plus a first and second at least.

The Broncos could offer two firsts and a two seconds, conceivably, but a lot of that depends on where the Whelen family is with their ownership fight.

According to this article (there were a few more which said the same thing) - https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/3-nfl-teams-were-linked-to-russell-wilson-this-week, RW would strongly consider a trade to Broncos, Saints, and Giants.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Washington football team, that should be on the list.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

rjdriver

Reaction score
Weren't the Stealers in the conversation at one point too?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2c5j6m0s said:

If Trey Lance isn't ready in season 2, SF will have to think hard about extending him. Let's say Trey plays at Jimmy's level in season 3, do you grant him that extension? Taking Daniel Jones would be a nice safety net, for Shanahan.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
What about a straight up trade, Russell Wilson for Zach Wilson? LOL

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/1476657456260468746[/tweet]

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":231hrc6k said:

What do Russell Wilson stand for?
-Multiple superbowl appearances
-Superbowl ring
-Stat leader since he played (J63, please chime in with Russell's incomparable stats)
-Carried his head coach on his back
-Future first ballot Hall of Famer
-And yes, can cook.

What do Zach has?

seabowl

Reaction score
Giants are a guaranteed no. They have zero cap room.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't think these trades are crazy by any strech. If your giving up a franchise QB you better get a whole lot in return.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
toffee":275d86zk said:
MyrtleHawk":275d86zk said:

What do Russell Wilson stand for?
-Multiple superbowl appearances
-Superbowl ring
-Stat leader since he played (J63, please chime in with Russell's incomparable stats)
-Carried his head coach on his back
-Future first ballot Hall of Famer
-And yes, can cook.

What do Zach has?

Oh I know, I had a good laugh and thought I'd share.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
seabowl":nxmwvkce said:
Cap room is correctable. Extending his contract would make it possible. The real problem is would the team even be competitive after making the cap room?

I'd take the Giants deal yesterday personally and try to poach an o-lineman as well if they have more than 1 good option

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1jw7v1vd said:
seabowl":1jw7v1vd said:
Cap room is correctable. Extending his contract would make it possible. The real problem is would the team even be competitive after making the cap room?

I'd take the Giants deal yesterday personally and try to poach an o-lineman as well if they have more than 1 good option

On fansides' Giants deal, don't think they have a linemen to spare. But am intrigued by getting their star RB, him and Penny, wow.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Somos doces":2o29vaf2 said:
Sorry, this article lost me at "Judy Allen."
Not gonna lie, the article gave pause but didn't actually lose me... As a Coug, the possibility of acquiring Minshew and great picks from Philly is my preferred option, but the Giants scenario also might work, provided the Hawks are able to identify and draft an adept game-manager-type QB.

getnasty

Reaction score
toffee":2kkz6ftu said:
OrangeGravy":2kkz6ftu said:
seabowl":2kkz6ftu said:

On fansides' Giants deal, don't think they have a linemen to spare. But am intrigued by getting their star RB, him and Penny, wow.

Saquon Barkley makes Chris Carson look like Ironman. No thanks.