8-1. A quick pause for reflection.

uncle fester

Reaction score
In the midst of a mountain of issues like worryingly bad pass protection, porous run defense, and shocking play calls, it's easy to miss out on what's actually been achieved to this point.

Just for a moment, no more - have a look at the League standings (For greater effect - have a look at the NFC Conference standings)

This team has done something that no other Seahawks team has ever managed.

Isn't that something?

Done? Wasn't that good? Now, I'm off back to the realm of worrying and anguish...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
And now a deep cleansing breath!

Put aside the worries about OLine weakness and the high potential that RW will get hurt if the protection doesn't get better.

Reflect on 8-1, amazing! Best part they still haven't played their best football.

8-1, this is special to watch!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am not wasting any time being anything other than totally jacked about the Hawks at 8-1. I have zero control over what the team does so I am just enjoying the ride.

We know how good this team is capable of playing and I expect them to have a chance to win every game they play. Ultimately to me all that matters is getting to the Super Bowl, regardless of how they get there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Given the team mentality of never quitting and finishing strong it is entirely appropriate to believe the team will get stronger at the end of the season.

For all of us getting through the myriad of injuries and hoping there are none further is a daily preoccupation. Imagine the team at full strength and in good health, this has the real potential of being an incredibly special season.

8-1, Holy Cow!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
8-1 and we will get better as the team gets Healthier. Lots of reason to be optimistic.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly Lofa, enjoy the ride. I don't know about anyone else, but that was a blast to be in my seat on Sunday and watch that comeback.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think we all just knew when they started coming back in the 4th Q they'd get it done.

Before that it was filled with more than few moments of despair, I was totally down when that pass got picked at the goal line. They just didn't quit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When Bevell called that pass play on 1st and goal, it's quite possibly the most angry I've ever been watching a football game, since XL. The fact that they had to basically drive the length of the field TWICE to get a tying TD is frustrating to say the least. But, 8-1, I'll take more ugly wins.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I am so pumped at this point for 8-1; who projected that at the beginning of the season?

The part making me the most excited is we have managed this while beat up bad and we are getting very close to becoming extremely healthy. This, while the rest of the league is starting to get the injuries we had early in the season.

Just think about this. We are looking at being our healthiest well rested coming off our bye week in the 13th week of the season(knock on wood). We have nearly weathered the storm and can see good weather on the horizon.

EDIT: Damn, forgot the

Go Hawks!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":37xnlwna said:
I am not wasting any time being anything other than totally jacked about the Hawks at 8-1. I have zero control over what the team does so I am just enjoying the ride.

We know how good this team is capable of playing and I expect them to have a chance to win every game they play. Ultimately to me all that matters is getting to the Super Bowl, regardless of how they get there.

Agreed. It's great to see the team so far performing up to our expectations. Sure, there are areas the team can improve on, but so far this has been the kind of season any Seahawk fan could've only dreamed of, up until now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine what Mora(n) and his Hawks team would have done down 21? PC has flat out changed this team, and their attitude.

jblaze

Reaction score
This is very true, 8-1 is amazing and this is surely shaping up to be a magical season.

However, that's what makes me so nervous about it. The better we do and the better we are, I start thinking about windows for winning, looming FA, needing HFA, etc.

If they were bad or mediocre, the stress would be much less. Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of it but there's a feeling of urgency in an awesome situation like this that now is our chance and that gets my heart racing and my stress level up.

Decimation

Reaction score
Feels damn good. Especially the energy around Washington.

10-1 feels very realistic.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
In 1999, the Seahawks made their biggest coaching hire with the appointment of Green Bay Packer head coach Mike Holmgren. Coming off his success with the Green Bay Packers, Holmgren was given the dual role of General Manager and Head Coach. The hiring brought instant credibility to the franchise as under Holmgren's guidance, the Seahawks won their second division title and first playoff berth since 1988. That year included a memorable 24-7 win over Holmgren's former team, the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football but despite a strong 8-2 start, the Seahawks lost 5 of their last 6 to close out the regular season. This skid continued on into the playoffs as the Seahawks lost the final game in the Kingdome 20-17 to Dan Marino and the Miami Dolphins in the AFC Wild Card round; the game proved to be Marino's only career road playoff win.

hmmm...... (From Wikie)

seedhawk

Reaction score
Well, didn't we finish 13-3 in 05? I know we basically gave a W to the Falcs the last game so, somewhere in there we must have been 8-2 also.

Latest posts