Rigged for us (and GB)

Chapow

Reaction score
Or they are pissed and want to end GB season?
Or they want a winning record? Or Alpha male pride? Or the joy of ending GB season?
Remember these are hyper competitive alpha males.

Exactly. All of this.

Lots of teams that supposedly "had nothing to play for" played pretty damn hard today.

nanomoz

Reaction score
In the 1920's the NFL switched from being classified as a sport, to being classified "entertainment".

With all "sports", like boxing for example...there are rules and commisions to make sure those rules are followed.

With entertainment, its a free for all. No rules and EXACTLY like a Broadway play, you can make your entertainment as realistic or cheesy fake as you want.

The NFL has chosen to make it appear real by having announcers narrating and refs making sure "everything is legit".

But to answer your question above...When a person or group decides to start a company, the state asks what "Category" will the company fall under.

Just a few examples...Construction, healthcare, entertainment, lawn care and MANY MORE. Its an almost endless list due to subsections.

So the NFL simply clicks the entertainment section and they are off and running, its all a play, they can do what they want
Citation, please.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i told my dad once 'the nfl might be rigged, but probably less so than most everything else in life'... he laughed

detroit will show up. expect this to be a good game tonight...

according to some seahawks fans, our 9-8 record is a minor miracle. how about one more miracle and then the seahawks are playing next weekend?

Chapow

Reaction score
Those "Calls That go Our Way" is to give the APPEARANCE that they are being on the up & up, IF you were paying attention though, you'd notice that MOST of those calls that went "Our Way" in those TIGHT LOSSES were of little consequence as the game had already been Determined/Steered. You are in denial of Corruption that takes place in just about every facet of our lives, and yes, that includes SOME steering that goes on in the NFL.

Ironic post considering how we benefitted greatly from several calls today. So much so that we probably wouldn't have won the game without them.

Chapow

Reaction score
If you are right, must see tv will need the Seahawks to lose setting up a “win and in” game.

Yep. And with how poorly our offense played today it would have been awfully easy for the refs to nudge the game in favor of the Rams, but instead they did the opposite. Weird.

I guess the NFL didn't want the most compelling scenario possible for tonight's game. Because that totally makes sense.

Chapow

Reaction score
Super exciting and wonderful game. But I can't lie. This was was rigged in our favor. It was steered our direction by a league desperate to get GB in.

Why you may ask? Because they want Detroit to be demoralized going into the game. To have to watch their season end in heartbreaking fashion will leave Detroit totally demoralized tonight.

It was all part of the plan. This is why GB was scheduled for Sunday night. We got screwed beyond all screwed. All the other games with playoff implications were played at same time.

Roger compromised the integrity of the game for TV revenue and to get GB in.

But let me say this. Even though it's not real, it's still thrilling entertainment. Everyone knows the wwe is fake and millions watch anyway. This can be fantastic entertainment which is why we watch. But it is steered.

So now what's your theory? Because you were obviously dead wrong with this garbage. It would have been very easy for the refs to steer this game in the Packers favor and yet, that didn't happen. If the NFL was so desperate to get GB into the playoffs, why not?

OP
OP
W

Welshers

So now what's your theory? Because you were obviously dead wrong with this garbage. It would have been very easy for the refs to steer this game in the Packers favor and yet, that didn't happen. If the NFL was so desperate to get GB into the playoffs, why not?
You're right I was wrong. I still think too many strange calls which makes me think it's steered. Could have to do with gambling markets which would explain tonight. Their money was on Detroit.

Of course I could be completely wrong and it's just straight refereeing ineptitude. In that case it goes back to why the NFL mysteriously does not have full time officials and can't fix horrible officiating which has been plaguing the game for two decades

Rainger

Reaction score
Well the refs were under the microscope, and they can't steer Aaron throwing picks

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You're right I was wrong. I still think too many strange calls which makes me think it's steered. Could have to do with gambling markets which would explain tonight. Their money was on Detroit.

Of course I could be completely wrong and it's just straight refereeing ineptitude. In that case it goes back to why the NFL mysteriously does not have full time officials and can't fix horrible officiating which has been plaguing the game for two decades
You just keep changing the narrative after each of these wild conspiracy theories are proven incorrect.

Chapow

Reaction score
Well the refs were under the microscope, and they can't steer Aaron throwing picks

Why would being under the microscope matter all of a sudden? And despite the picks, it was still a very close game. Very easily steerable if they wanted to.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

You just keep changing the narrative after each of these wild conspiracy theories are proven incorrect.
Nah I admitted I was wrong. I just happen week in and week out to be shocked at the ineptitude of the officiating from this league worth billions upon billions of dollars. Somehow they can't hire full time refs to get basic calls right? Maybe they really are just that ineptitude. But the bad calls still seem suspect to me

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
the NFL is rigging it so the packers get in they said.

How is that narrative aging? Especially considering how the NFL called some penalties in our favor today.

Have you just considered that sometimes these refs are just incompetent?

Now the Seahawks are in the playoffs over the Packers because the Lions did us a solid.

The NFL is not rigged, not every call against the Seahawks is a slight.