Aaron Donald highest paid non qb player ever

Cyrus12

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But yeah, I'm sure they are "legit" with that cap. Geezus man, the league literally doesn't care as long as their precious LA team gets handed a super bowl. There's NO WAY IN HELL that team isn't cheating the cap. Period.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
But yeah, I'm sure they are "legit" with that cap. Geezus man, the league literally doesn't care as long as their precious LA team gets handed a super bowl. There's NO WAY IN HELL that team isn't cheating the cap. Period.
Yep. Its crazy. They are the flavor of the month though so they get to do what they want. Gotta have a winner in LA.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest here, I don’t know much about the cap. Folks here like Maelstrom have laid out some great replies at times concerning the cap…beyond that, I’m dumb as a rock with it.

But…how…do they seemingly always pull this type of $$$ out of their hats?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
A few reasons imo

1. We view their signings to be larger than the loss of players leaving from last year. Rams have loss some good players, too.

2. Accrual accounting and delayed cap hit recognitions. Teams have some flexibility to shift cap hits around that allow them to stack a roster. But it cannot last. There's no doubt in my mind that each contract signing is legit. No other owner in the league would allow anything but full details and scrutiny of each signing. Some rules like the void years may see some disgruntled front offices.

3. Rams get more players wanting to join or re-join the team to push for a 2nd run at the superbowl. I might be wrong on this but it feels that way. Players like LA. too, so it has some draw across the league.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I don't get how people think the Rams are cheating the cap or the NFL is favoring them in terms of cap compliance. I've seen signs of the NFL favoring teams, including the Rams, but I can't imagine how people think the league even could favor the Rams in cap-compliance terms, much less how they think the league actually "is" doing so now.

The contract info is out there, and if you look, for example, at OverTheCap, you can see the payroll breakdown for the Rams' entire roster, with a separation after the top 51. The top 51 are the ones that count toward the cap, at least until the season starts, at which point the entire 53-man roster counts. According to OverTheCap, the Rams are completely within the cap. Does anyone dispute the contract numbers? If not, then what exactly have the Rams and/or the NFL done wrong in terms of the salary cap here?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Contract numbers are always inflated. "$100 million dollar connect for 4 years, 25 million per...(Only$42 million is guaranteed).
So basically my example is 10.5 million per year. Voidible years.
The huge numbers give the player bragging rights.

RedAlice

Reaction score

I so just simply ADORE this.

kisses.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Saw this recap on a reddit thread. The 1st year cap vs 2nd year fle this list of players is insane. Rams are setting themselves for a repeat but 2023 will be a lot tougher. You can only kick the can down the road so many times.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220607-015959_Sync.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220607-015959_Sync.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 15

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love how a Rams fan can't even admit that it seems a little odd that his team can magically get any player they want, and still be under the cap.
But hey, I would probably to do the same if it was the Hawks. Cheaters often win. Rams are just the NFL version of the Cheatstro's

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I love how a Rams fan can't even admit that it seems a little odd that his team can magically get any player they want, and still be under the cap.
But hey, I would probably to do the same if it was the Hawks. Cheaters often win. Rams are just the NFL version of the Cheatstro's

How exactly do you think the Rams are violating the salary-cap rules?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Stafford's cap hit of only 13.5 million is exactly why they are staying south of the cap. Pay your QB 50 mil per year, and you can't build/ keep the same team.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I don't get how people think the Rams are cheating the cap or the NFL is favoring them in terms of cap compliance. I've seen signs of the NFL favoring teams, including the Rams, but I can't imagine how people think the league even could favor the Rams in cap-compliance terms, much less how they think the league actually "is" doing so now.

The contract info is out there, and if you look, for example, at OverTheCap, you can see the payroll breakdown for the Rams' entire roster, with a separation after the top 51. The top 51 are the ones that count toward the cap, at least until the season starts, at which point the entire 53-man roster counts. According to OverTheCap, the Rams are completely within the cap. Does anyone dispute the contract numbers? If not, then what exactly have the Rams and/or the NFL done wrong in terms of the salary cap here?

People get upset and flail. They don't actually want to think, read and learn how things work - that takes too much effort.

The Rams have been bold, aggressive and shrewd and have "taken their medicine" in understanding that they can't hang on to well-paid secondary and tertiary pieces (Saffold, Quinn, Brockers, Woods, Littleton, Johnson).

flv2

Reaction score
The Rams are certainly within the rules. They have pushed a lot of cap money back through signing bonuses - more than I thought they would. I'm not going to work out how much because I don't have Excel on this machine and i'm not going to mess around with another account or reload KMS Tools to bypass Microsoft security. Last season the Rams had about $72M of 2021 cap delayed as future cap hits. The Seahawks and Cowboys were both around the $62M mark. For reference the Rams figure was $42M in 2013 and they reduced that figure to $22M by 2017. I don't remember Seahawks fans complaining about the Rams under-spending during that period. It's all relative. The Eagles and Saints have been over $100M in recent years. The danger point is when the figure goes over about 55% of the current year's cap figure.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well we do know they have very little coming in the draft (1-3)rounds.
They cut that punter we hated.
I think the same of Dallas on cap magic but hell I'm too tired to do
research on those two teams cap schemes.
I'm sure yes it's legit but very close to not conforming.

RedAlice

Reaction score

First, it is HER.

Second, when the Hawks were good you made fun of me and hated on me with a thousand suns of fire.

So, I specifically enjoy YOUR comments now.

Also, the Rams are not cheating anything. They are within the rules.

eta: one thing I specifically remember about you is WHATEVER, HAWKS are winning.

RedAlice

Reaction score

Rams are pushing things down the road.

How long is the road? We don't know yet.

Snead is a little genius with all this number stuff tho. That cannot be disputed.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Well we do know they have very little coming in the draft (1-3)rounds.
They cut that punter we hated.
I think the same of Dallas on cap magic but hell I'm too tired to do
research on those two teams cap schemes.
I'm sure yes it's legit but very close to not conforming.

Hawks and every other team is free to do exactly what the Rams are doing.

Also, sad face because I am sad we don't have Hekker anymore. One of the best Rams ever. Love him. Do understand why tho.

RedAlice

Reaction score
People get upset and flail. They don't actually want to think, read and learn how things work - that takes too much effort.

The Rams have been bold, aggressive and shrewd and have "taken their medicine" in understanding that they can't hang on to well-paid secondary and tertiary pieces (Saffold, Quinn, Brockers, Woods, Littleton, Johnson).

As a fan, it hurt losing both Hekker and Woods.

And I cried when Quinn was let go. That was the day I learned this might happen more often. Quinn was my avi here for years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've never once said whatever, Hawks are winning. But ok. F the rams, sincerely. Funny how much time you spend on a Hawks site. But do you........
Not really that important. It's just a message board. Meh

Last edited:

Latest posts