Aaron is now promoting astrology.

Mix

Reaction score
Tom Brady married a self proclaimed witch. NFL QBs will do whatever they can to gain some type of assumed edge.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well speaking as a card-carrying paranormal/metaphysical fanboy, I think it's cool that he's trying to find his spiritual path and is not afraid of the backlash. I remember an interview last year where he was talking about Ayahuasca. Dude is on his journey and who am I to judge?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Fans don't care as long as their team wins. Now that he's not winning as much...

GGotskill

Reaction score
Well speaking as a card-carrying paranormal/metaphysical fanboy, I think it's cool that he's trying to find his spiritual path and is not afraid of the backlash. I remember an interview last year where he was talking about Ayahuasca. Dude is on his journey and who am I to judge?

He's peddling woo woo. It's irresponsible.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Woo woo to who? (Sounds like a Dr Seuss book).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing political I can think of but granted I haven't bothered checking out the link(s) or pretend to know the background. Appreciate your being respectful of the rules however.

FWIW, I don't personally buy into astrology all that much but I can't be so close minded to think it's "woo woo" simply because it doesn't fit my daily paradigm of what I accept as valid or not. If I spent my life dedicated to the subject matter I feel I would be on firmer ground to proclaim its validity or not. I have not, therefore I can't speak to its validity one way or the other.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Nothing political I can think of but granted I haven't bothered checking out the link(s) or pretend to know the background. Appreciate your being respectful of the rules however.

FWIW, I don't personally buy into astrology all that much but I can't be so close minded to think it's "woo woo" simply because it doesn't fit my daily paradigm of what I accept as valid or not. If I spent my life dedicated to the subject matter I feel I would be on firmer ground to proclaim its validity or not. I have not, therefore I can't speak to its validity one way or the other.

I believe in the scientific method, not anecdotal evidence. Obviously a lot of stuff that we don't understand, but I refrain from jumping to conclusions in those cases.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fair enough. I agree that there is so much we do not understand and not jumping to conclusions is a fantastic mindset. I believe in healthy skepticism. Always ask questions and don't be afraid of the answers.

Rodgers could either be a complete fruit loop or he's on to something. Who am I to decide which?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I am open minded when it comes to astrology I don’t believe in the basic “ this is what your day is going to be like today” that you read in the daily paper but I my astrological sign is consistent with myself

I did have a friend back in my 20s and 30s who was very into astrology and she had a big book that broke it down to your certain birthdate and had sections that could/would happen in each decade of your life and it was very accurate so much so it was scary

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am open minded when it comes to astrology I don’t believe in the basic “ this is what your day is going to be like today” that you read in the daily paper but I my astrological sign is consistent with myself

I did have a friend back in my 20s and 30s who was very into astrology and she had a big book that broke it down to your certain birthdate and had sections that could/would happen in each decade of your life and it was very accurate so much so it was scary

Yep, the natal chart. It's uncanny. I had a friend who asked me for my EXACT time of birth down to the minute, and that was all she needed, and it read like one massive psychic reading! And I am not talking generalities. SPECIFIC information that made complete and total sense on every level...Eons beyond chinese cookie randomisms. It shocked me to the point of saying "There's something to this astrology business." But yes, the daily paper commentary is purely entertainment.

GGotskill

Reaction score

"In general, astrology is considered to be a pseudoscience by the scientific community. There is little statistical evidence that shows causation between horoscopes and the consequences in a person's life or those that may occur throughout the world."

Mod Edit: Seahawks.NET does NOT allow posting of complete articles from outside sources

You can post a short paragraph and cite your source with a link to the rest of the article

Last edited:

GGotskill

Reaction score
It's verified bunk science. Any semblance of accuracy is coincidence or randomness.

knownone

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers can believe whatever he'd like. And if he wants to speak at an astrology convention, more power to him. The Ayahuasca stuff is a bit concerning, considering his status as a role model, but this is 2023, so what do I know? Maybe some people think that's a good message to send to kids.

I won't give a qualitative assessment of astrology. But I will say the history of astrology is fascinating and worth reading about.

Latest posts