Aaron Rodgers Demanded Out...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
getnasty":10hgv7c4 said:
pittpnthrs":10hgv7c4 said:
getnasty":10hgv7c4 said:
pittpnthrs":10hgv7c4 said:
Rodgers found issues with his coach and got him fired. Results - two back to back conference finals and now a #1 seed in the post season. Russ needs to do the same.

New coach botched a decision in the Championship game last year that cost them the game and still hasn't brought any titles to GB let alone an appearance in the SB.

Still getting a lot closer than Seattle and their dinosaur of a coach.

Your point is that firing McCarthy has brought them more sucess and maybe it has but McCarthy was pretty good in season's were Rodgers was healthy too. Lafleur looked pretty much lost in the game Rodgers missed this year too.

Pete looked pretty good for years with Russ too. Russ got banged up this season and Carroll looked lost. Is it a coaching issue or QB issue? Seems like a lot of people are clamoring for a game manager type QB. Do people actually think thats going to work? I think you already answered that question.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If Russell takes the Rodgers route this off season, it probably will look very similar to what went down in Green Bay..............a QB not happy, but with years left on his contract so still doesn't have enough leverage to force his way out and doesn't have the balls to hold out and lose almost 3M a game in salary.

That's Russell's predicament, even if he wants out and demands a trade. The Hawk's have two years of leverage still, and honestly 2-3 more years of franchise tags to hang over his head.

Just like Rodgers found out last season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, the Hawks hold the power here. None of us truly know if he wants to stay or go. It's all speculation.
But comparing him to Rodgers is pretty ridiculous. I don't doubt there is some tension. Rodgers is just a world class pri** so there is that.

keasley45

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":w0ta62nr said:
Rodgers found issues with his coach and got him fired. Results - two back to back conference finals and now a #1 seed in the post season. Russ needs to do the same.

The root of the discord between Rodgers and McCarthy is entirely different than what we have in Seattle. McCarthy was GB's defacto OC. He ran the offense. And Rodgers disagreed with McCarthy's approach. They were essentially fighting over the same patch of turf. For McCarthy to yield would have meant essentially giving up a significant portion of his responsibility. Rodgers and McCarthy were in direct conflict. They both drew their lines and McCarthy was out.

The rest of Erin's bitching and complaining about not being involved in the FO's decision making was i think an overplayed 'Ask' to get some attention. Its not like he's running the draft board for them now. His complaining got him Randall Cobb. the rest of the pieces they've acquired, including Love, have been in step with how the FO wants that team built. And it seems as though they've done a good job, despite Rodgers crying that they didnt give him enough.

In Seattle, Pete controls the blueprint for the defense and has an obvious preference for the style of play of the offense, but he doesnt run the offense, so its apples v oranges in comparison to GB. Russ's gripe about getting the offense to be more dynamic is an issue of the person calling the plays. In Seattle, thats the OC. And Pete brought in an OC that by all accounts Russ vibes with, and unceremoniously let the previous guy walk. He then gave complete control to Russ and the OC to run that side of the ball as they saw fit. So Russ complained and got what he wanted, but the resulting failure has nothing to do with Pete disagreeing with an approach. He accommodated his star qb's request, and the result was a sub .500 season. Russ called for a pass happy attack and got it, a new OC and got it, pieces added and secured around him and got it to the degree it could be given, and we are where we are.

https://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177963

schkoot

Reaction score
schkoot":26mazqht said:
I'm not one to pick fights here. But it's worth mentioning as a point of order that (outside of the 1st seed) the Packers haven't actually won anything yet. They could win it all or flame out.

It will be an interesting thread to follow as the playoffs unfold. Especially if there is a MM vs AR showdown.

Well dang... I thought GB might flame out, but I didn't expect it in their first game.

Elemas

Reaction score
Welshers":2bnyams9 said:
He even held out and refused to report for a while. And what happened? They didn't let him go, and this season they have the best record in the NFL and a first round bye. My point? My point is that the Seahawks have all the cards here. Everyone is talking like Russ is already gone. But the fact is, he's under contract. Seattle has the right to tell him he has to either play or sit out. If it comes to this he will play. Just like Rodgers did.

If I am Seattle I do not give up Russel for anything less than an absolutely premium trade. The guy is getting millions of dollars. If it's best for the team, make him honor his contract that he signed. Russ being gone is not anywhere near the done deal people are making it out to be. I believe this team next year could be similar to the Packers this year. Bring back their QB who may want out and have a great season. We know Russ will play his heart out no matter what. Lots of cap space. Get a kicker. Win games.

100!

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":d4o3blnj said:
getnasty":d4o3blnj said:
pittpnthrs":d4o3blnj said:

New coach botched a decision in the Championship game last year that cost them the game and still hasn't brought any titles to GB let alone an appearance in the SB.

like one and out close?

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2gf1zh8c said:
getnasty":2gf1zh8c said:
pittpnthrs":2gf1zh8c said:

like one and out close?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
toffee":2kil92pp said:
pittpnthrs":2kil92pp said:
getnasty":2kil92pp said:
pittpnthrs":2kil92pp said:

like one and out close?
LOLOLOL ^

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
xray":39ohmekh said:
You are correct about ' no comparison '. Rodgers has 3 MVPs and about to.get a 4th , and has his 3rd 13 win season in a row. He also has 3 1st team all pro selections . Wilson has a long way to go to match Rodgers . I'm not a Rodgers fan , but he is money most of the time for a long time . IMO

How is he doing on that 4th :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, MVP's and stats are clearly more important than actual Super Bowl's. Lord Rodgers has ONE Super Bowl appearance. He is 1-4 in Championship games, and just flat out choked this weekend at home. One and done as the #1 seed. Incredible player, but hey......MVP is more important than Super Bowl success :?
But yeah, stay down on your knees for him......... :roll: