Aaron Rodgers goes off on Packers

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers "breaks his silence" as the BS media would say, sounding off on the Packers handling of Davonte Adams.

Caution: The man speaks his mind!

Quote from the article:

"They offered him less money than Christian Kirk [$18 million per year] and [Adams] is going, 'Are you serious right now? I'm the best receiver in the league, and you're gonna offer me less than Christian Kirk?'" Rodgers said. "With all due respect, he's not on Davante's level."

I'm not sure if the URL is showing for you guys but it's a Bleacher Report article

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Funny coming from him, since theres only but so much money to go around. When you break the bank to pay your QB a ransom, 'the best wr in the league' aint gonna get 'best' money in the game.

He's a tool.
He's not just a tool. He's KING of the tools. I'm *quite* sure he's got an asshole take on pretty much everything.

OMG it's going to be so nice not seeing and hearing about him much! AR free preseason game comin' up!!!

He needs to go take some more peyote and sit in his basement - until.... like November.... ;)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's not just a tool. He's KING of the tools. I'm *quite* sure he's got an asshole take on pretty much everything.

OMG it's going to be so nice not seeing and hearing about him much! AR free preseason game comin' up!!!

He needs to go take some more peyote and sit in his basement - until.... like November.... ;)
Rodgers is now a NY Jet and he'll be in center stage in an even bigger media market. Unfortunately.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Rodgers is now a NY Jet and he'll be in center stage in an even bigger media market. Unfortunately.
I dunno - might be a bigger media market -

but honestly I really don't hear anything about the jets ever. Well, maybe because douchey wasn't there -

I'm more talking about him physically present and Fing annoying as part of the NFC/Games/and the playoffs in general.

Only time we meet is once every 4 and in a superbowl.....

chris98251

Reaction score
The barbs will fly, but Rodgers has a bigger issue, the fan base and Media in New York are like a Wife whose name is Sybil crossed with Lizzie Bordon. This isn't Green Bay where your it and adored no matter what, Or like Cal where pacifists are everywhere.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The barbs will fly, but Rodgers has a bigger issue, the fan base and Media in New York are like a Wife whose name is Sybil crossed with Lizzie Bordon. This isn't Green Bay where your it and adored no matter what, Or like Cal where pacifists are everywhere.
LMAO @ "Sybil crossed with Lizzie Bordon". I need to remember that one.

bileever

Reaction score
One day psychologists will identify the mental illness that comes from being a star NFL quarterback. The symptoms are (1) a feeling of invincibility, (2) delusional thinking, and (3) being convinced of your superiority over everyone else. The first case was Joseph William Namath in the 1960s, but the height of the illness was during the 2020s. Very few star QBs escaped the illness, notably Kurt Warner.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I seriously wonder if Rodgers has CTE. No joke. I think the guy's a jerk but if he's got some mental stuff going on, I hope he gets some help

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What's the deal with old QB's.

So many of our favorite QB's go from happy go lucky fun gun slinging QB's to insufferable douche bag weirdos as soon as they hit their late 30's, early 40's. Brady, Favre, Newton, Rivers, now Rodgers.

Maybe they always were like this, or maybe that's normal for most dudes. IMO it's also compounded by these guys playing much longer than they used to. It used to be they'd be out of the league for years before they'd endlessly annoy us ad naseum.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I can't add much to the conversation except that I agree with everything that's been said in it. But one thing that does come to my mind is that the next time someone starts squawking about Russell Wilson, remind them that he's a saint when you contrast him with a true prick like Aaron Rodgers.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Oh, this is going to be fun to watch!
I couldn't agree more. If he flames out in NY it will absolutely be must see TV. Wasn't it jets fans that actively and loudly booed their own draft picks some years ago when the draft was held in NYC? Imagine the hate and discontent that will be piled on AR if he fails. Glorious.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't add much to the conversation except that I agree with everything that's been said in it. But one thing that does come to my mind is that the next time someone starts squawking about Russell Wilson, remind them that he's a saint when you contrast him with a true prick like Aaron Rodgers.

Russ is equally a weirdo, he's just more savvy about what he puts out into the social media sports world.

Rodgers is clearly in his IDGAF stage of his life and career. Which IMO is short sighted for big time athletes, to not care at all about their legacy or image heading towards retirement where there's still millions and millions to be made post career off of your reputation and likability.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russ is equally a weirdo, he's just more savvy about what he puts out into the social media sports world.

Rodgers is clearly in his IDGAF stage of his life and career. Which IMO is short sighted for big time athletes, to not care at all about their legacy or image heading towards retirement where there's still millions and millions to be made post career off of your reputation and likability.
Oh, I agree with what you're saying. Russell is obsessed with his image, is politically correct to such a point where it's laughable. Rodgers is the polar opposite, couldn't give a rip about his image, says whatever comes to his mind. So yes, they are both 'equally weird'.

Let me put it this way: Which person would you rather see dating your daughter, Russell or Rodgers?

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't know, the Prick of Aaron Rodgers doesn't hide who he is, the Prick of Russell Wilson uses a condom for protection and tells you it's safe. Yet as we have seen that Condom is water soluble and dissolves a bit more every year so you can begin to see that he is the worst kind of prick, one that gets you to trust him and then screws you.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I don't know, the Prick of Aaron Rodgers doesn't hide who he is, the Prick of Russell Wilson uses a condom for protection and tells you it's safe. Yet as we have seen that Condom is water soluble and dissolves a bit more every year so you can begin to see that he is the worst kind of prick, one that gets you to trust him and then screws you.

Damn accurate