Alex Collins

edogg23

Reaction score
I was not a fan of his when they drafted him, he looked overweight and slow. However this new version of Collins I see this season looks to be the second best rb on the team. The fact that the Seahawks were playing him deep into the game last night makes me worried they are going to look to trade him or flat out cut him. What are they thinking???? It seems that Pete falls in live with an image of a rb he has in his head over what they are actually doing on the field (Penny, CJ Prosise, etc). Hope I am wrong on this one.

John63

Reaction score
edogg23":i2ewbleh said:
I was not a fan of his when they drafted him, he looked overweight and slow. However this new version of Collins I see this season looks to be the second best rb on the team. The fact that the Seahawks were playing him deep into the game last night makes me worried they are going to look to trade him or flat out cut him. What are they thinking???? It seems that Pete falls in live with an image of a rb he has in his head over what they are actually doing on the field (Penny, CJ Prosise, etc). Hope I am wrong on this one.

You could be right or it is there pride not allowing them to give up on a 1st round pick. Collins should definitely be the #2 rb. We will see.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If we have any money left over I say extend him NOW before he fields the new offers he will get when the season is over. He was as good last night as any back we've had since Lynch. A whole lot of what he did he had to create for himself. He absolutely depantsed that guy in the open field while coming around the left side and headed for the end zone. Feet that quick can't be taught.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2w6l4now said:
If we have any money left over I say extend him NOW before he fields the new offers he will get when the season is over. He was as good last night as any back we've had since Lynch. A whole lot of what he did he had to create for himself. He absolutely depantsed that guy in the open field while coming around the left side and headed for the end zone. Feet that quick can't be taught.

Couldn't agree more. He is a must-keep.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He is the real deal. I remember watching him in Baltimore saying "What in the F?!?"

Sign the man, make him the #2 to Carson and let's go get this thing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I really hope he is the #2. And if Carson misses a few games (which seems to happen every year) we are in good hands. Bottom line, he is a better back than Penny. I wanted to believe Penny would pan out. I'm pretty much done assuming he's anything but average. Hope to be wrong, but something is just missing with that guy.

Own The West

Reaction score
Collins in his first stint here was tentative and was easily tripped up. Perhaps he was having problems adapting to the pro game, but his 'Riverdancing' in the backfield reminded me of post-ACL Curt Warner. :roll:

Getting cut was probably a good thing for him as by the time he got to Baltimore, he wasn't thinking about busting long runs and college-age glory, but more rather hitting the hole and keeping a job.

The older, wiser version of Collins we see today is much more decisive, determined -- and therefore effective. I'd make him 2nd string just to give Penny the same wake up call, "We like you and you have talent, but if you don't turn it up field and make things happen, you can't stay."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, he looks like a completely different back. He runs hard, doesn't just dace around and makes people miss, a LOT.
He had fumble issues before so hopefully those are gone, because he clearly is a solid back that fits with this team.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Aros":6rkjprfa said:
He is the real deal. I remember watching him in Baltimore saying "What in the F?!?"

I remember watching him with the Hawks, and having the same reaction.

Then he get to B'more and looks like the kid I thought he was. (I was probably his second biggest fan here)

Hope they do him better this go around.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The rub is, he doesn't do particularly well as a fill in runner. He kind of needs regular carries, throughout the game, to play his best

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Could he be our true X factor this year?

:snack:

rjdriver

Reaction score
bigskydoc":11ld9ifv said:
Aros":11ld9ifv said:

I remember watching him with the Hawks, and having the same reaction.

Then he get to B'more and looks like the kid I thought he was. (I was probably his second biggest fan here)

Hope they do him better this go around.

Good ole ACfan!

I remember someone asking him if he was going to stick around if Collins got released. He was adamant that he was a life long Hawks fan going back to Zorn.....haven't seen him since. Turned out he know his guy though!