Am I literally the only person who...

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1lb8xrkz said:
LTH":1lb8xrkz said:
People on this board do not give Carroll enough credit for the success of this team... Its Carroll that creates the winning culture on this team... if you really understand that then you will be able to see why this team is so resilient in nature in the past as well the future...I think this is what you are missing from understanding where my optimism comes from...

Pete did create a winning culture in Seattle, but that was a long time ago. He already lost one locker room and he's on his way to doing it again. When your HOF QB thats pretty much carried the team for the past 6 years, starts talking about other teams and going public about issues, its not looking very bright. When Wilson bolts, your going to see the real sub .500 Pete Carroll.

Pete Carroll does create the winning Culture to the Seahawks in the past and now... Not to say that Wilson doesn't contribute to that because he does... but if you talk to guys like Matt Hasselbeck he will tell you...

Nothing has changed from Carrolls perspective from then to now

LTH

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Pete has failed to create a Playoff Winning Culture.

I’m happy there are optimists so long as they don’t go after the pessimists. And vice versa. No reason for me to bring down your hop but I think we are done. I think we have a low talent level due to poor drafts and expensive signings and poorly use the limited talent we have.

That said I’ll keep cheering the team up but I’ve starting posting less because how many times can you play that tired but accurate old record.

Edit to add: I’m expecting the overstatement “your unhappy if we don’t get to the Super Bowl every year” BS response. 3-6 in RWs prime is embarrassingly bad and it could have even been worse.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
LTH":2ds6g8jv said:
Am I literally the only person who believes Seattle can turn this thing around? Better sound off now if you think Seattle has a chance because I'm going to take all the credit when it happens for being the one and only person who still believed...

LTH
[youtube]zMRrNY0pxfM[/youtube]

LegendKiller

Reaction score
LTH":2zhmqrae said:
Am I literally the only person who believes Seattle can turn this thing around? Better sound off now if you think Seattle has a chance because I'm going to take all the credit when it happens for being the one and only person who still believed...

LTH

Zero chance. Especially when the trends the last 7 years back it up. I can, however, appreciate your eternal optimism throughout this.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2hv55syq said:

Edit to add: I’m expecting the overstatement “your unhappy if we don’t get to the Super Bowl every year” BS response. 3-6 in RWs prime is embarrassingly bad and it could have even been worse.

Never understood people that are ok with mediocrity. Champions live to win. We should aim to go to the Superbowl every year. That's what Brady does. That's what Kobe and Jordan did. That's why they are all time greats. Their work ethic and drive to win (and win Championships) is what made them the best. I guarantee you none of those guys would be happy to just make playoffs. As soon as Brady saw what life was like without a good defense and without offensive weapons he took the first bus to Tampa and recruited an all-star team to go to the Superbowl (and win). We cannot just sit here and be content with making playoffs or saying we are "spoiled" because we've had winning seasons. A 12-4 season has the same result as a 4-12 season when you don't win a Superbowl.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":3sq4b9q7 said:
LTH":3sq4b9q7 said:

LTH

Zero chance. Especially when the trends the last 7 years back it up. I can, however, appreciate your eternal optimism throughout this.

I don't have eternal optimism... there are very specific reasons why I feel the way I do. Its not like I am pulling flowers out of the closet... read some of my posts in this thread and really think about them... don't just think about how your going to defend your position...

LTH

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":32temhaf said:
I'm not worried. This happens every year, the Seahawks start off slow, this year more so because of a new Offensive Coordinator, then Pete gets it turned around.

And every year there's a couple of teams that start off getting busters, the entire NFL broadcast field jumps on their wagons, claiming that they are the best thing since "The Greatest Show on Turf," and proceed to induct the rosters of several teams in to the Pro Football Hall of Fame!

Then...REALITY his everyone in the face, opposing teams adjust, injuries happen, and the WORLD comes back to Earth.

Beginning of last year, everyone had the Cardinals in the Superbowl, and had Tom Brady forced in to retirement. :tardssmall: :nonodallas:

This can't be serious??

We literally just tied an ALL TIME NFL record for giving up over 450 yards per game on defense for 4 consecutive games!!

WOW!!!!!!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":2n3css0z said:
JayhawkMike":2n3css0z said:

Never understood people that are ok with mediocrity. Champions live to win. We should aim to go to the Superbowl every year. That's what Brady does. That's what Kobe and Jordan did. That's why they are all time greats. Their work ethic and drive to win (and win Championships) is what made them the best. I guarantee you none of those guys would be happy to just make playoffs. As soon as Brady saw what life was like without a good defense and without offensive weapons he took the first bus to Tampa and recruited an all-star team to go to the Superbowl (and win). We cannot just sit here and be content with making playoffs or saying we are "spoiled" because we've had winning seasons. A 12-4 season has the same result as a 4-12 season when you don't win a Superbowl.

What makes you so sure Carroll is just happy making the play offs?

Did he say that?

where did you get that from Fade?

what planet do you live on man....

The goal of the Seahawks is to make the SB every year...

NOBODY is happy with just making the Playoffs Not Carroll Not Wilson Not Bobby Wagner Not Jody Allan..

Your perspective is your own opinion but your completely and totally wrong in your assessment and unless you can site a source that say's Pete Carroll or ANYBODY in the Seahawk organization is happy with just making the playoffs your just giving mouth service...

LTH

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I predict 5-12. Including a horrible loss to Houston in Houston. i think we beat Jags, 49ers and Lions. This coaching staff sucks and players will begin to check out.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":2kg2vrjr said:
read my post above yours... People like to say I'm a blind optimist but there is a method to my madness... Im not just firing things out my butt.. Like Ive said in the past its the teams that work through adversity that are the teams that are the most successful. I believe you have to have a good understanding of history to understand the future...

History says that Pete Carroll teams do not give up... history says that Pete Carroll teams typically don't play their best football in the first part of the season. History says that Pete Carroll plays his young players early and develops them during the season...That being said, its NOT a reach to think that the Hawks can work out of this... its Not a reach to think those young players will get better this year. Its not a reach to think that the momentum of working out of a slow start can propel this team.

People on this board do not give Carroll enough credit for the success of this team... Its Carroll that creates the winning culture on this team... if you really understand that then you will be able to see why this team is so resilient in nature in the past as well the future...I think this is what you are missing from understanding where my optimism comes from...

At the beginning of the Season it really looked like this team had gotten better on paper and i believe they are better even Fade thought so i remember being blown away by that when i read it... So its just a matter of shoring up the weak positions and getting the younger players to grow...

Yes I'm an optimist no i'm not a blind optimist... there are very specific reasons why I believe what i believe...Im just not pulling flowers out of the closet... if you read my post above and really think about it , you might not agree with me but you can clearly see why I think the way i do...

EDIT: I very well could be wrong but think of it this way if you were to make a bet in football futures for any team in the NFL you would probably lose because the truth is nobody knows what's going to happen... there are to many things that can happen. But if you look at History and see what Carroll teams have done in the past and you give Carroll some credit for creating and motivating those teams it would be a good bet that he will find a way to make his team competitive after a slow start...

LTH

You bring up history for petes success, but you’re not acknowledging the recent history of his failures with the last few years of teams barely making playoffs and getting exposed and eliminated within 1-2 games. People on this board give PC plenty of credit but have also acknowledged the nfl has evolved and he has chosen not to evolve with it.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1tepmtst said:
LTH":1tepmtst said:
read my post above yours... People like to say I'm a blind optimist but there is a method to my madness... Im not just firing things out my butt.. Like Ive said in the past its the teams that work through adversity that are the teams that are the most successful. I believe you have to have a good understanding of history to understand the future...

History says that Pete Carroll teams do not give up... history says that Pete Carroll teams typically don't play their best football in the first part of the season. History says that Pete Carroll plays his young players early and develops them during the season...That being said, its NOT a reach to think that the Hawks can work out of this... its Not a reach to think those young players will get better this year. Its not a reach to think that the momentum of working out of a slow start can propel this team.

At the beginning of the Season it really looked like this team had gotten better on paper and i believe they are better even Fade thought so i remember being blown away by that when i read it... So its just a matter of shoring up the weak positions and getting the younger players to grow...

Yes I'm an optimist no i'm not a blind optimist... there are very specific reasons why I believe what i believe...Im just not pulling flowers out of the closet... if you read my post above and really think about it , you might not agree with me but you can clearly see why I think the way i do...

EDIT: I very well could be wrong but think of it this way if you were to make a bet in football futures for any team in the NFL you would probably lose because the truth is nobody knows what's going to happen... there are to many things that can happen. But if you look at History and see what Carroll teams have done in the past and you give Carroll some credit for creating and motivating those teams it would be a good bet that he will find a way to make his team competitive after a slow start...

LTH

You bring up history for petes success, but you’re not acknowledging the recent history of his failures with the last few years of teams barely making playoffs and getting exposed and eliminated within 1-2 games. People on this board give PC plenty of credit but have also acknowledged the nfl has evolved and he has chosen not to evolve with it.

Thats because I don't view his recent history as failed.

He failed every time he didn't go to the SB? Really? Is that the way you view it? Id say under that way of thinking there are a sh!t ton of losers in the NFL.... :sarcasm_on:

Clearly Carroll and most of the NFL doesn't meet your expectation of how nfl coaches should perform... even though he has out performed 98% of the rest of the active coaches in the league... this line of thinking is irrational to me..

LTH

AgentDib

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":2fdhwwb4 said:
Never understood people that are ok with mediocrity. Champions live to win. We should aim to go to the Superbowl every year.
I suspect you don't try to understand that hard or you would realize that zero posters here are "ok with mediocrity" or hoping for anything other than a Super Bowl every season. You have a different view on how to get there, which is fine right up until you lose sight of the fact that you could be wrong.

In fact, in my opinion the FO's obvious fault has been trying to win too much over the last few years.

They have not taken full advantage of the compensatory draft pick system, which is one of the few ways that successful teams can claw some advantage back. We should be getting three compensatory picks every single year.

They have traded too much draft compensation for players that could help them sooner, rather than investing in youth that could pay off down the road. The Jamal Adams trade is just the latest in a long string of us shipping off draft picks for players. Our drafting has been fine as a function of draft capital; we just haven't had much draft capital in a long time.

They have moved money from future years into the present, when that decreases our relative power compared to other teams down the road. Every NFL team does it, but we could be gaining an advantage down the road if we didn't do it.

They consistently play whoever they think is best suited to help them win on a given Sunday, even if that prevents youth from seeing the field and improving. Given how this season has gone I would heavily increase the snaps of unknowns like Forsythe, Dallas, Curhan, Parkinson, Robinson, Nkemdiche, Neal, Austin and Brown to see who is worth rebuilding the team around in 2022.

In my view the goal should be maximizing our total Super Bowl likelihood over the next thirty years.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Agent dib said

"I suspect you don't try to understand that hard or you would realize that zero posters here are "ok with mediocrity" or hoping for anything other than a Super Bowl every season. You have a different view on how to get there, which is fine right up until you lose sight of the fact that you could be wrong."

LTH said;

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! thats funny sh!t man...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And who is ok with mediocre football? NOBODY. Geezus.
Nothing wrong with a little hope and belief in your team. It's pretty telling how many people LOVE to put someone down who actually has any positive take on the team. Let alone not giving up, even when they are struggling this season, big time. Not trying to start the same tired old argument, but I honestly feel bad for people who assume the worst every single game. Then I get told they feel sorry for me for actually having hope.
Hilarious. Because hope and believing that your team can actually do something is SUCH a horrible thing. 12 games left and a huge chunk of people are saying it's over. :?
And again, I'll spell it out real simple: I do NOT think they are a great team and I would be surprised if they make the playoffs this year. I just don't think they are the Jags like many seem to.
Doesn't matter at this point, wasting my energy.

Go Hawks

hawker84

Reaction score
Turn it around? Even if they do, they're not beating Tampa, Arizona, Greenbay, or the Rams. Even if by some miracle they made it to the SB, they're not beating Buffalo, Baltimore, KC, Tennessee, or even the chargers for that matter. They are not a good team, that's reality.

This season is done. Get some young guys some playing time, start preparing for some off season moves, fire Carroll, trade Wilson (because he's not sticking around for this sh*t show), bring in a vet like Cam as a bridge player, draft a QB or trade Adams for one and start the rebuild.

RVA_311

Reaction score
hawker84":v9mjamh8 said:
bring in a vet like Cam as a bridge player, draft a QB or trade Adams for one and start the rebuild.

No team in their right mind is trading anything for Adams right now that would make it worth it to deal him. On top of his performance this year thus far (which is of course in part to the unit as a whole lacking overall talent), he's already forced his way off of one team and is now at the top of the salary list at his position. For better or worse we're stuck with him.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think they could be on the brink of finding themselves/the run game/the run and pass d.

I think if they build off of and find real consistency and get a healthy Russ back they have a shot at a wildcard, and could be playing good football at that point.

Tre Brown will be huge, Taylor not being badly injured is huge as well, that run game against a good D that knew we were running was very encouraging, and that hold was bullshit.

I think if they can be 4-4 at the bye, they have a small chance to be 11-6, if what we saw in the second half last week was legit, it felt familiar to me, like when they found their run game prior to going on the 11-15 playoff runs.

We'll see.

RVA_311

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3m0p0i6w said:
never say never. As long as there are guys like Jerry Jones out there..........anything can happen.

Normally I'd totally agree, but Dallas was often rumored to be interested in him and never did anything...I doubt that has changed given the massive raise he's gotten and the fact that he's underperforming.