Amount of time CBS allocated to showing Swift during SB

Lagartixa

Reaction score
if you take out commercials it was closer to 9% of the game

You might want to check your math. 9% of the 60 minutes of game clock would be five minutes and 24 seconds (324 seconds), which is six times more than Swift was actually on screen. Further, there are significant amounts of time in any NFL-game broadcast when the game clock is stopped, but commercials are not being shown. There is even more such time in a Super Bowl broadcast. It wasn't even 1% of the not-commercials parts of the broadcast.

EDITED to add: I went and got numbers. The full broadcast was about three hours and 30 minutes, or 12,600 seconds. Commercials were 51:15 (3075 seconds), leaving 9525 seconds of non-commercials time on the broadcast. Swift appeared during 54 of those 9525 seconds, or about 0.56% (about 5/9 of a percent) of the broadcast.

Last edited:

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Meh. I think it will hit a universal inhibition of return next season and won’t be as ubiquitous. It’s novelty we crave and it’s no longer novel.

But some will still complain. Some will not. And some will say it’s good.

We all need distractions from the fact we exist on a sphere zinging through space and will die at any moment.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Jeans she wore sold out everywhere after the game, tell me she had no impact.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Here's my issue, I just wish they spread the Swift TV time among the other celebs in the crowd. She is a big celebrity, they tend to get airtime on TV for sporting events, but in the case of the SB where you have a TON of celebrities there. And to be honest I am actually a fan who does enjoy seeing which celebrities showed up to a game, so I just wanted to see who else was in the crowd besides her. Basically she's getting the reaction airtime for a team that is typically reserved for the team's owner, GM or even coach.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
For the love of God, please let it go.

View attachment 64945

This is really how to make it stop. Remember Paris Hilton years back? the Kardashians, Trump (for a lot of my ultra liberal friends in this area), the Free Palestine Movement. When people want it to stop...the trick is you just stop talking about that person or caring or tuning in good or bad. "There's no such thing as bad publicity". When no one cares at all good or bad, it goes away.

Latest posts