Andy Dickerson

LTH

Reaction score
It's my opinion that Andy Dickerson has done a phenomenal job coaching this O line. Talk about a stud coach... there isn't a tougher job than he has had the last two weeks! This guy is the coach of the week!

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. And look what he had to work with. Basically 4 out of 5 guys were back up o lineman, going against one of the best defenses in the league. They put up 37, and it would have been a hell of a lot more w/out having to settle for FG's.

JPatera76

Reaction score
... HAHAHA yup

F64GnjVXoAAVwwi

olyfan63

Reaction score
I know Bevell was despised here, but the problem to me was ALWAYS Cable. I don't know how he got his reputation. He's terrible.
Hindsight has been kinder to Bevell now that we understand what he was working with in Russell. Unbeknownst to most at the time, Bevell was responsible for developing the Super-Bowl-Winning, and losing, "Russell Wilson Offense" that featured a heavy dose of read-option, deep throws, and relying on Russell's elite scrambling ability in lieu of having an OL capable of pass-pro. Bevell had to depend on Cable for that. So, in a sense, Bevell DID make chicken salad out of a chicken-poop OL.

I still despise Bevell for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus after "the pick" in SB49 instead of taking responsibility himself. And Pete should have summarily fired, or at least publicly disciplined Bevell for failing to "protect the team", as the team rule said. Bevell needed to be "stronger to the responsibility" on that one.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hindsight has been kinder to Bevell now that we understand what he was working with in Russell. Unbeknownst to most at the time, Bevell was responsible for developing the Super-Bowl-Winning, and losing, "Russell Wilson Offense" that featured a heavy dose of read-option, deep throws, and relying on Russell's elite scrambling ability in lieu of having an OL capable of pass-pro. Bevell had to depend on Cable for that. So, in a sense, Bevell DID make chicken salad out of a chicken-poop OL.

I still despise Bevell for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus after "the pick" in SB49 instead of taking responsibility himself. And Pete should have summarily fired, or at least publicly disciplined Bevell for failing to "protect the team", as the team rule said. Bevell needed to be "stronger to the responsibility" on that one.

Amazing how quickly people are to call for someone's head on a platter for minor infractions. Some behind the scenes discipline would have been more than enough. Imagine if any of you were fired every time you made a minor error.

But I agree that in retrospect, Bevell did some good things with an offence that was hamstring by a limited QB and a crap OL.

And I'm pretty damn sure Dickerson is an OL god. To get that performance working with the pieces he had on Sunday. Wow. Best hire Pete's made since Quinn.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Amazing how quickly people are to call for someone's head on a platter for minor infractions. Some behind the scenes discipline would have been more than enough. Imagine if any of you were fired every time you made a minor error.

But I agree that in retrospect, Bevell did some good things with an offence that was hamstring by a limited QB and a crap OL.

And I'm pretty damn sure Dickerson is an OL god. To get that performance working with the pieces he had on Sunday. Wow. Best hire Pete's made since Quinn.
Calling out a 5th string WR, the late Ricardo Lockette, was a pretty egregious and classless move by Bevell.
Especially when it was BEVELL's predictable play with ridiculous matchup disadvantages--relying on Kearse having to manhandle Brandon Browner--laughable. I don't recall Carroll ever addressing this or walking it back in any way. It made a joke out of "Protect the Team" as well as "Always Compete"; Bevell replaced that with "Always Find a Fall Guy To Blame For Your Own Failures". This was not a "minor" infraction.

I do prefer coaches like Dickerson who seem to find a way, even with 4/5 of the starters out, and don't resort to blaming their players for failures on the field.

BASF

Reaction score
I have been banging his drum since we brought him in, but did point out my disappointment with week one's performance. He did not have the two backups, who had been in the system for more than a year, ready to step in. However, great bounce back performance the past couple of weeks. I hope he stays around, but I think other teams will start offering him an extra job title and more money in a season or two.

sutz

Reaction score
I have been banging his drum since we brought him in, but did point out my disappointment with week one's performance. He did not have the two backups, who had been in the system for more than a year, ready to step in. However, great bounce back performance the past couple of weeks. I hope he stays around, but I think other teams will start offering him an extra job title and more money in a season or two.
I think we may be a little short on "Assistant Head Coaches" these days. I think we only have 3 or 4. :LOL:

Latest posts