Andy Dickerson

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I don't know how confident I am in this guy molding our rookie tackles and whatever interior linemen we keep going into the future. The rookies I'll give a pass, well because, their rookies and the talent is there, it just needs time. Lewis has been injured but is a stud when healthy. The rest? Yuck. I miss Solari.

Jville

Reaction score
I enjoyed the commitment to the run game in the second half of the KC game. The offense finally got into a rhythm. Ken Walker adjusted his approach as a more decisive runner - per Walker.

Great to see Stone Forsythe get some much needed snaps at right tackle. He impressed with his opportunity. Abraham Lucas has been dealing with an elbow injury for weeks.

Gabe Jackson has been dealing with cumulative wear and tear (knee - likely arthritic). So limiting his snaps is accomplish by alternating snaps with Phil Haynes. A less than idea arrangement.

Damien Lewis has been healthy since the team wide flu week of 13. He seems to have bounced back from his sophomore slump and injuries.

This is Dickerson's first year without Solari. I would anticipate interior additions as a focus of Dickerson's year two (2023).

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
There was a play where I thought Gabe Jackson was pass blocking on a run play. Thought maybe there was miscommunication somewhere and he got the wrong play. Then they showed the replay. Nope. He had zero push coming off the ball. Instead, the dlinemen fired off into Jackson's chest stood him up and drove him 5 yards backwards straight into k9 for a loss of yards.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
I'm worried about Blythe. He seems a great leader but cannot stop a bullrush to save his life. Every team with a decent interior defensive line is living in our backfield.
That’s why he’s been a journeyman in the league. Center is a need they need to address in the draft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Blythe sucks..Every team the last 6 weeks knows they just power up the middle
to pressure easy.
I cannot believe there is not one center out there who would do better(FA/PS)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don’t have any faith in anyone on the coaching staff at this point. Blowout the entire coaching staff, kick Pete upstairs, and hire Payton or Quinn.

Jville

Reaction score
There was a play where I thought Gabe Jackson was pass blocking on a run play. Thought maybe there was miscommunication somewhere and he got the wrong play. Then they showed the replay. Nope. He had zero push coming off the ball. Instead, the dlinemen fired off into Jackson's chest stood him up and drove him 5 yards backwards straight into k9 for a loss of yards.

Yes, that's been noticeable over the course of this season.

It's a play action offense. The run game has to be there for it to get into rhythm. And right guard is the weakest link. Gabe clearly doesn't have the quickness of the other linemen. He's now playing well under his pay scale in my opinion. I'm guessing this may be Gabe's last year with the Seahawks.

Never the less, the line appears to be in good hands at both tackle spots and at left guard. They can build on around those three spots.

Polk738

Reaction score
The Chiefs had 8 TFLs this game.....EIGHT!!.....and somehow Walker STILL got 100 yards, it is very clear that he was getting very little help from the OL considering on a lot of the zone run plays he was having to cut back to the opposite side to get any yardage.

Jville

Reaction score

Question: What was working better for you in the second half run game?

Walker: "I believe I was just more decisive. The O-line did a great job the whole game. It was just up to me to be more decisive on what hole to hit. And in the second half every thing just started to open up."

Result: 104 yards on 26 carries for 4.1 yard average.

Jville

Reaction score
1244198534.0.jpg

This young man not only enjoyed some much needed game day snaps. He demonstrated that substituting a healthy back up for a hurting starter can pay off as a game day adjustment. In my opinion, he made a positive difference.

"2021 sixth round pick Stone Forsythe played nearly triple the number of offensive snaps against Kansas City, 45, as he had played in his entire career prior to the game Saturday, 16." Link >>> https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/12/...is-first-extended-playing-time-chiefs-week-16

BASF

Reaction score

Walker: "I believe I was just more decisive. The O-line did a great job the whole game. It was just up to me to be more decisive on what hole to hit. And in the second half every thing just started to open up."

It helps the offense rush lanes when the opponents are up a couple of scores and expect you to paas.

Jville

Reaction score
IMO i thought he was fairly small for a center. I could be wrong

Perhaps, but not any smaller than Joey Hunt who returned and signed onto the practice squad October 5, 2022.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

The Chiefs also built a commanding 17-3 lead going into the second half and were playing more so they didn't get blasted over the top by Geno.

seahawks08

Reaction score
17-3 is hardly any lead, a Tippy Toe fix by DK would have made it 17-7. The way the defense played, we did stop the chiefs a lot but we couldn’t capitalize as much as we held the ball. The game was winnable with an average offense and a defensive showing we were able to put. We just didn’t have Tyler who would have made or provided an out for Geno.