Announcers? Thumbs up or Down?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I thought they did a good job, and I really like Kirk Herbstreit's calls.
On the post-game, and half-time, I really like Charissa Thompson, I think she does a great job as a facilitator, setting up the guys to speak to their strengths, and keeping things moving and getting all those alpha males to share the airtime.

Anyone think one or more suck, and why?

PhxPhin

Reaction score
I thought they did a good job, and I really like Kirk Herbstreit's calls.
On the post-game, and half-time, I really like Charissa Thompson, I think she does a great job as a facilitator, setting up the guys to speak to their strengths, and keeping things moving and getting all those alpha males to share the airtime.

Anyone think one or more suck, and why?
I agree with this

Michaels is OK. Can still have some decent insight, but a lot of times is just cynical and checked out

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
I agree with this

Michaels is OK. Can still have some decent insight, but a lot of times is just cynical and checked out
Yeah, I didn't mention Michaels because he's just kind of there. At least he doesn't screw it up too bad and sets up Herbstreit for his great color commentary.
Herbstreit is a gem the way he seems to know both teams well beyond a surface level, and breaks down plays. Plus he calls penalties and explains what happened and shows how/if legit the call was.

ccla

Reaction score
I liked that they weren't afraid to call out the Refs, even if they were subtle about it.
What do you expect them to do? They want to keep their jobs. I was actually surprised they mentioned it at all.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
What do you expect them to do? They want to keep their jobs. I was actually surprised they mentioned it at all.
Don't know if it's because they work for Amazon, but Herbstreit in particular manages to call it like he sees it, without excessively insulting the refs. Also kudos to the camera operators, they are usually showing the penalty perp before the call is even announced.

Woolen, in particular, needs to stop playing stupid and take his chances instead of grabbing the receiver for an automatic PI at the spot. He consistently made stupid grabs, even after the refs had shown how they were going to call it.