Another 'vote' for Penix

CactusJack

Reaction score
He sees and processes quickly, makes good decisions, is accurate, and most importantly, he's clutch. Yes please.
''11 hands. Need I say more? John has a thing for guys with big hands. ;)

Last edited:

balakoth

Reaction score

It 'is' heavy.com - but it's another arrow pointing in Penix's direction.

Everyone here seems to love him -

But, we have no draft pick!

So, part of my original question from the QBOTF thread:

How would we pick him up? What would we give up?
Why dont we have no draft pick? I must be confused?

GemCity

Reaction score
There’s no way he doesn’t go top 10.

Maybe 10 is pushing it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UW doesn't run air raid.

Penix isn't Geno.

Two terrible takes.
Penix like Geno is great on first read, but his completion % is under 40% when you make him go through his reads. UW fans just don’t want to see the truth. But it’s all there in black and white. Do the research most of his completions are one read out of his hand inn2 seconds.

The only QB we should even enter that we have a shot at, is Daniels.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Penix like Geno is great on first read, but his completion % is under 40% when you make him go through his reads. UW fans just don’t want to see the truth. But it’s all there in black and white. Do the research most of his completions are one read out of his hand inn2 seconds.

The film on him tonight alone disproves that entirely.

Here you go: 🍜

Enjoy your noodle bowl.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

And? Most QB's at the collegiate level are not very good at going through their progressions, or are in systems that are designed to limit that aspect of the game. Even so called "pro-style" offenses limit this aspect of the game. You can say this about ANY collegiate QB.

People need to stop looking at collegiate QB's as complete prospects. Every NCAA QB is going to have a flaw no matter how "pro ready" they are. It's just the nature of the game.

As far as Penix goes, there is a lot to like about him. He's got a strong arm and decent athletic ability. He's ice cold under pressure, this one needs to be reiterated. The guy thrives in these high pressure situations. This is an aspect that many NFL QB's don't have.

Cons? Mechanics are weird. His release is strange, people compare it to Rivers and I'm inclined to agree. He just looks funky throwing the ball.

Health is an issue, he's been banged up quite a bit in his collegiate career, though he's changed his style quite a bit. He used to rely a lot on his legs to make plays. He loved to scramble and take off with the ball. He plays quite recklessly, a lot how Richardson did this year in the NFL before he injured himself. After coming to the UW he switched his style up. He's now primarily a pocket passer.

The thing I like a lot about Penix is he's showed constant growth and adaptability. Penix has played in a few different systems and he's been able to change his style. Above all else you want to see your QB be able to progress and grow. I can say Penix has done that.

I think his biggest knock is his health and injury history. That being said, if he's around he might be worth a shot. I think the upside on this guy is high and I think he has the mental aspect of the game down pat.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Penix and Geno are completely different Players. The only similarities are that they play the same position. Thats it.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Penix would be great in a Seahawk uniform. Another couple of Huskies players that also would be good would be Odunze and McMillan. I think McMillan most likely comes back next year if he's unable to finish this season. Huskies have an embarrassment of riches this year. Hopefully they are able to capitalize on this.

If Penix and Odunze are both on the board when the Seahawks pick, who do you choose? I think most would say Penix.
Odunze won't be there. He'll go second as far as WR are concerned, after Marvin Harrison Jr.

sutz

Reaction score
And? Most QB's at the collegiate level are not very good at going through their progressions, or are in systems that are designed to limit that aspect of the game. Even so called "pro-style" offenses limit this aspect of the game. You can say this about ANY collegiate QB.

People need to stop looking at collegiate QB's as complete prospects. Every NCAA QB is going to have a flaw no matter how "pro ready" they are. It's just the nature of the game.

As far as Penix goes, there is a lot to like about him. He's got a strong arm and decent athletic ability. He's ice cold under pressure, this one needs to be reiterated. The guy thrives in these high pressure situations. This is an aspect that many NFL QB's don't have.

Cons? Mechanics are weird. His release is strange, people compare it to Rivers and I'm inclined to agree. He just looks funky throwing the ball.

Health is an issue, he's been banged up quite a bit in his collegiate career, though he's changed his style quite a bit. He used to rely a lot on his legs to make plays. He loved to scramble and take off with the ball. He plays quite recklessly, a lot how Richardson did this year in the NFL before he injured himself. After coming to the UW he switched his style up. He's now primarily a pocket passer.

The thing I like a lot about Penix is he's showed constant growth and adaptability. Penix has played in a few different systems and he's been able to change his style. Above all else you want to see your QB be able to progress and grow. I can say Penix has done that.

I think his biggest knock is his health and injury history. That being said, if he's around he might be worth a shot. I think the upside on this guy is high and I think he has the mental aspect of the game down pat.
Penix has gone a full season and most of a second without a major injury. He's been pretty durable lately.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Haven't read the full thread,but he has a TON of question marks. I imagine he may fall on draft day. Get him late would be great, but he isn't one to take a chance on

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Penix has gone a full season and most of a second without a major injury. He's been pretty durable lately.
That is what I was getting at when I was talking about how he used to play. He switched his style up a lot.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Haven't read the full thread,but he has a TON of question marks. I imagine he may fall on draft day. Get him late would be great, but he isn't one to take a chance on
What are these question marks? A ton of them should be quite the list.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He doesn't run anywhere near as much as he did at Indiana. He learned his lesson that he'll get hurt running recklessly. That will translate well to the NFL. That and learning how to run safely and get down without risking injury. The history is there though which will have him going later than others.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Lucas will protect his blind side, perhaps better than Cross could for a righty.
Cross had a stellar game vs the Browns and played like poo like the rest of the team vs the Ravens. Give him a break.