Another 'vote' for Penix

toffee

Reaction score
Cross had a stellar game vs the Browns and played like poo like the rest of the team vs the Ravens. Give him a break.
So far our Cross has mastered mediocrecy. May be he will surprise us with steady and noticeable improvements from this game onwards.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
So far our Cross has mastered mediocrecy. May be he will surprise us with steady and noticeable improvements from this game onwards.
I disagree. He played one hell of a game vs the best DE in the league. Myles Garret. Cross also isn't 100% healthy at that.

The hot takes here are getting pretty silly. I hoping Seattle goes out and kicks the Commanders teeth in so you all will quit acting like the sky is falling on everyone.

Smellyman

Reaction score
What are these question marks? A ton of them should be quite the list.
Two ACL surgeries and two shoulder surgeries is admittedly not a "ton", I actually don't know how to weigh injuries, that is just how English speech sometimes works. However, if you don't think that is a lot and does not warrant red flags for somebody still in college, well...you might be an ADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Two ACL surgeries and two shoulder surgeries is admittedly not a "ton", I actually don't know how to weigh injuries, that is just how English speech sometimes works. However, if you don't think that is a lot and does not warrant red flags for somebody still in college, well...you might be an ADawg
Okay, so injury history is a legitimate concern. That I agree with, and think that is why he'll last until the late part of the first round.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Okay, so injury history is a legitimate concern. That I agree with, and think that is why he'll last until the late part of the first round.
They definitely are a concern buuuuut the silver lining is he still has a cannon. For an arm and he is still a mobile QB.

I think he’s going to go a lot higher here than people think. If Locker went high in the first with his injury history I think Penix has a shot at going in the top 10-15 too.

If we do decide to go QB, I think he’s probably going to be the only top tier QB we have a shot at.

toffee

Reaction score
I disagree. He played one hell of a game vs the best DE in the league. Myles Garret. Cross also isn't 100% healthy at that.

The hot takes here are getting pretty silly. I hoping Seattle goes out and kicks the Commanders teeth in so you all will quit acting like the sky is falling on everyone.
For this season, he played his best pass blocking game in week 1. Since he came back from injury, he has been regressing game by game. He wasn't embarrassed by By Garrett, but he did allow 1 sack and 5 hits, totalling 6 pass pressures out of 40 pass blocking snaps, not my idea for one hell of a game. To my untrained eyes, he has anchoring issues, he often got pushed a yard or so too close to the QB, those won't register as a hit, but QB can feel it.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
For this season, he played his best pass blocking game in week 1. Since he came back from injury, he has been regressing game by game. He wasn't embarrassed by By Garrett, but he did allow 1 sack and 5 hits, totalling 6 pass pressures out of 40 pass blocking snaps, not my idea for one hell of a game. To my untrained eyes, he has anchoring issues, he often got pushed a yard or so too close to the QB, those won't register as a hit, but QB can feel it.
It was against Myles Garret. While I appreciate using data to formulate an opinion, context is also important. Otherwise you're wildly swinging a light saber around.