Antonio Brown to TB + TB (Tom Brady & Tampa Bay)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Gordon hasn’t faced any off-the-field legal issues that we know of, but he is the one left out in the cold while teams drool over Brown’s return. It’s a bit sick, and further pushes this illusion of, “Well, we’re just trying to win.”

No, you aren’t.

If Kaepernick or Gordon is a “distraction,” then Brown is a dividing barrier in the confines of your organization. A character flaw is not something anyone willingly signs on to, especially in an intimate setting like an NFL locker room? Sure, you don’t have to agree or necessarily like someone to interact or work with them, but integrity is a must. If a person doesn’t have it, it’s done, and so is anything they touch.

We all saw that no Pittsburgh players came to Brown’s defense toward the end of his time with the Steelers. Brown lashed out about the lack of touches he got within the offense, turning many of the guys off.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nf ... r-BB1aiQiE

IDK but we dodged a bullet here, lads...how long before AB goes off about his touches or calls the gm a cracker or throws furniture off his balcony almost hitting little kids?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He will screw up that team’s chemistry, as he would have done here.

Good riddance.

As talented as he is the team is better without him.

massari

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1s1a3fr1 said:
He will screw up that team’s chemistry, as he would have done here.
No he won't, because he'll be kept on a short leash and released the moment he acts up.

Low/no risk, high reward for the Bucs.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Damn, did we ever dodge a bullet right there. He absolutely *wouldn't* have somehow made us better. Signing him would have been like a multi-millionaire getting another million dollars, but from selling drugs - no positive effect in reality, and the potential to lose everything.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio:

According to NFL Media, his one-year deal with the Buccaneers pays slightly above the league minimum. It also includes individual and team incentives.

The team incentives are fine. The individual incentives could become problematic.

If Brown gets paid based on his performance, he’ll want to be on the field — and he’ll want the ball. That will make it even more important for quarterback Tom Brady to keep Brown from becoming frustrated or otherwise agitated if he’s not playing enough and catching enough passes to earn his money.

Not getting the ball is what he ended up blowing up at Big Ben about...so....

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2ys8xjym said:
TreeRon":2ys8xjym said:
Maelstrom787":2ys8xjym said:
Chapow":2ys8xjym said:
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're either joking or having a stroke.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's a bit of tongue-in-cheek humor myself.

I'd hoped someone would at least chuckle. :D

Oh I did. Actually laughed out loud. But it worried me a little bit. Decided it was subtle and clever enough to be technically unprovable as being political. Someone will probably call that moderator bias, but I'm a sucker for good humor.

Well I would say if topics of racism are considered political here, this probably is political as well :D

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ducks41468":3hcsmszc said:
Copied from reddit; this is as of a few months ago so is probably missing another 10 instances or erratic and dangerous behavior. I think people underestimate how dangerous this guy really is.

Drove 100 down McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, which has a 45 MPH speed limit

Trashed a condo and threw furniture out a window 14th floor window, which almost hit some people, notably a child

Killed a home aquarium full of piranhas and refused to pay the man who installed the tank

Refused to play week 17 for the Steelers

Dyed his mustache blonde

Refused to pay a chef because he thought he threatened him by placing a fish head in the freezer (the fish head was saved to make a soup)

Farted on a doctor

Demanded a trade from the Steelers

Became "Mr. Big Chest"

Threw a fit over Juju winning team MVP and trashed him on social media

(Allegedly) nixed a trade that would've sent him to the Bills

Showed up to Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon

Held out and refused to show up to training camp because the NFL would not approve his helmet because it was too old for their safety standards

Froze his feet

Tried to paint over his old helmet, hoping no one would notice I guess

Acquired a newer version of the same model of helmet, which the NFL refused to let him use

Picked out a new helmet and finally showed up to the Raiders

Got fined by the Raiders for not attending camp

Tweeted the fines

Tried to fight Mike Mayock, called him a crack**, had to be held back by Vontaze Burfict, then punted a football down the practice field and said "fine me for that"

Got fined for that

Released a video where he used audio of Jon Gruden, who didn't know he was being recorded, which is illegal in California (full disclosure, Gruden has said he gave permission, but the generally accepted theory is that he said that in the hope that it would help get him to show up to the facility and not alienate him)

Demanded a release from the Raiders

Was released

"GRANDMA I’M FREEEEEE! FLY LIKE A FREEEEE!"

Made a lot of crazy tweets saying stuff like 'Devil is a lie', a proverb about burning down a village... he made a lot of crazy tweets around this time is the point here

Liked a tweet about Mayock getting raped in the ass

Signed with the Patriots

Moved in with Tom Brady

The sexual assault allegations came out (the one where he's getting sued)

The sexual harassment allegations came out (the one where he's not getting sued)

Threatened the woman not suing him in a group text that included his lawyer and had a picture of her kids in the text

Got released by the Patriots after one week

Went off on a tweet storm and said a lot of crazy $h!t about a lot of people, and was supportive of people sending threats to the writer of the article detailing the sexual harassment allegations

Said he was done with the NFL

Went back to college via online classes

Tried to outsource his homework to Twitter

Wants to come back to the NFL

Filed several grievances to try and get more than $40 million from the Raider's and Patriots

Was ordered to show up for a deposition regarding trashing the condo

Was accused of "reprehensible behavior" during the deposition (which is it's own insane thread, btw), which included, but was not limited too:

"Arrived nearly 30 minutes late to the deposition."

“[C]hanted, over and over, as if a mantra, a narrative of his own warped concept of the proceeding”.

“Acting as if he was above the rule of law, [Brown] proceeded to make a mockery of the deposition process. [Brown’s] antics were so unreasonable that barely twenty [20] minutes into the deposition, his counsel asked for a break [so] he could speak with [Brown] about his demeanor.

“After approximately 20-30 minutes, [Brown] required another break. When the deposition resumed [Brown] increased his level of obstructive behavior. At one point, [Brown] refused to answer any questions, instead saying “next question” no less than 10 times.”

“Soon thereafter, [Brown] started announcing a countdown, starting at ‘five (5) minutes,’ and counting down the minutes thereafter. Before noon [Brown] left the conference room.”

Said that the Patriots have to pay him anyway, so they might as well let him play

Tweeted a couple of bizarre tweets about the Raiders using him for HBO ratings and the Patriots trying to steal his stuff and kept using this weird chicken based metaphor

Tried out for the Saints and brought an entourage and film crew to shoot a music video with him when specifically told not to do that

Called out Robert Kraft for his rub and tug massage session in Florida

Starting training for a boxing match with Logan Paul

Tweeted "No more white woman 2020"

The attorney representing him in the suit involving the condo quit

Used a bunch of slurs and profane language towards cops in an Instagram video he posted

A police youth football league cut ties with him and returned a donation after the release of the video saying there was a "irreparable rift" between the department and AB

Threw a bag of gummy candy dic** at the cops in a video he posted

Got dropped by his agent

Was involved in a disputed with movers at his home where he allegedly threw rocks at the movers and moving vans. He is currently being investigated for battery by the police.

His trainer was arrested and he is still a suspect in the battery case.

Warrant issued for the arrest of AB.

AB turns himself in to Broward Country Jail wearing this suit

Rumors spread about AB signing with Tampa or Seattle

AB announces his retirement (for what I believe is the third time, it's hard to find a good record of the rest of them)

Two days later AB wants to play again and is asking for the league to wrap up it's investigation

Outside of the two serious allegations/incidents, most of this is filler. "Dyed his mustache blonde." "Moved in with Tom Brady." LOL

Chapow

Reaction score
Hmm, not so sure I agree with some of you that AB makes the Bucs better and can only improve their shot at winning a Super Bowl.

How'd that work out for his last 2 teams? Did he make the Raiders better last season? Did he improve their shot at winning a Super Bowl? How about New England? He make them better? Did he improve their shot at winning the Super Bowl?

Seems like not so much.

Maybe it'll work out better for his 3rd team in the last year and a half, but it's far from a certainty given his recent track record.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
TraderGary":7rjhksl9 said:
Scorpion05":7rjhksl9 said:
TraderGary":7rjhksl9 said:
Maelstrom787":7rjhksl9 said:
I figured, haha. Unfortunate that some people think that way, isn't it?

I really hope the Seahawks just steer clear of this guy. At the very best, he's self-centered and has diva tendencies. At the worst, he's absolutely mentally insane.

I agree with Maelstrom. Just the thought of this scares the hell out of me. Our offense is fine. We have good chemistry on the offense. Don't F with it. Besides, I don't want anyone messing with DK's head. Hard pass for me.

Really hoping this doesn't happen. Only bad things can come from it. Besides, I don't want that morally bankrupt loser on my team anyway. I don't care how good he is on the field.

They need to concentrate their efforts and resources on the defense where we obviously need the help and leave the offense alone unless they re-instate Gordon who I would definitely be on board with.

With respect this sounds a bit over the top. We cheered on Frank Clark and we're currently cheering on Jarran Reed. If Ezekiel Elliot was on our team we'd cheer him on too.

Hell, if Big Ben had signed with our team in 2012, instead of us drafting Russ we'd cheer him on. It seems to me we pick and choose who and what to be outraged about (Jameis, Vick, AB) while we ignore others (Reed, Big Ben, Elliot).

I'm not saying this applies to you directly. Perhaps you're genuinely, and objectively outraged at all and would be ashamed if any of them were on our team. My take on this is, unless he's convicted of a crime he should be able to play on a team without issue. If he's charged and found guilty, so be it. Lock him up.

Not over the top at all. I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about domestic violence and/or r@p*. But those players you mentioned, particularly Ezekiel Elliot and Big Ben disgust me and are two of the players in the NFL I despise the most. Not because they're on the Steelers or Cowboys, two teams that I love to hate, but because of the type of people (I don't want to call them "men", because real men don't do the things they've done) they are. And if they were on the Seahawks, I would still feel the same about them. Whenever I see Elliot do his "feed me" antics for the camera, it makes me want to throw up.

Regarding Frank Clark, as a passionate Seahawks fan, of course I want them to win and when Clark made a big play, I was happy and excited at the time, same as everyone else. But I was also conflicted because I knew I was cheering on someone who was convicted of something I find completely reprehensible. And for the record, I wasn't upset or disappointed at seeing him leave. Regarding Jarran Reed, I wasn't aware of his accusations until you brought it up.

It's my hope that the teams they play for get everyone involved the help they need and hopefully turn their lives around. I have not seen or read about any hint of that with AB. He is the definition of a head case. And maybe he does have CTE as someone else suggested?

Look, I'm no saint and don't claim to be. And I'm not asking for a team full of choir boys. I have no doubt there are players on the current Seahawks roster who have been involved in domestic violence because it's so prevalent in our society. It's a HUGE problem. But I'm a father of two daughters and the thought of any man laying their hands on them outrages me, as I hope it would any father. And for someone with the power and strength of a professional football player laying their hands on a woman? Can you imagine? If we sign AB, what kind of message does that send to the Seahawks fanbase?

So no, calling someone with a track record like AB's morally bankrupt is not over the top at all IMO, and I would be very disappointed if the Hawks made him part of the team I love so much and am so passionate about. And that's not even taking into account the negative influence he could have on an emerging star like DK.

And you know what, this is totally okay. You're consistent, fair, and you're keeping your morals intact. That's awesome and I genuinely mean that. I was just saying, that isn't the case for a lot of people. They're biased in the way that I've described above and that's my issue. Demonizing some while looking the other way for others.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
massari":33vxgqtw said:
Fade":33vxgqtw said:
Not even close. Pittsburgh is #1 by a country mile, and the #2 is 10 percentage points back. The Seahawks are 10th.

Meanhwhile, the Seahawks offense is 31st on 3rd down. AB could really help.
This is crazy that only the Jets are slightly worse on 3rd downs than one of the best offenses. Hopefully Gordon can help there.

It’s a deceptive stat though as it shows how successful the Hawks are on 1st and 2nd down. We have attempted 20 something less 3rd downs than anyone in the league! We need to improve always but we aren’t getting to a third down on many drives and that’s amazing.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Well I hope all of you that are happy we didnt sign AB realize how bad this is for us if we play the Bucs in the playoffs. If we lose to them I fully expect people here to still be happy we didnt sign him, even though another year of Russ will be wasted.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2pk4mlkx said:
TraderGary":2pk4mlkx said:
Scorpion05":2pk4mlkx said:
TraderGary":2pk4mlkx said:
I agree with Maelstrom. Just the thought of this scares the hell out of me. Our offense is fine. We have good chemistry on the offense. Don't F with it. Besides, I don't want anyone messing with DK's head. Hard pass for me.

Really hoping this doesn't happen. Only bad things can come from it. Besides, I don't want that morally bankrupt loser on my team anyway. I don't care how good he is on the field.

They need to concentrate their efforts and resources on the defense where we obviously need the help and leave the offense alone unless they re-instate Gordon who I would definitely be on board with.

With respect this sounds a bit over the top. We cheered on Frank Clark and we're currently cheering on Jarran Reed. If Ezekiel Elliot was on our team we'd cheer him on too.

Hell, if Big Ben had signed with our team in 2012, instead of us drafting Russ we'd cheer him on. It seems to me we pick and choose who and what to be outraged about (Jameis, Vick, AB) while we ignore others (Reed, Big Ben, Elliot).

I'm not saying this applies to you directly. Perhaps you're genuinely, and objectively outraged at all and would be ashamed if any of them were on our team. My take on this is, unless he's convicted of a crime he should be able to play on a team without issue. If he's charged and found guilty, so be it. Lock him up.

Not over the top at all. I don't want to turn this thread into a debate about domestic violence and/or r@p*. But those players you mentioned, particularly Ezekiel Elliot and Big Ben disgust me and are two of the players in the NFL I despise the most. Not because they're on the Steelers or Cowboys, two teams that I love to hate, but because of the type of people (I don't want to call them "men", because real men don't do the things they've done) they are. And if they were on the Seahawks, I would still feel the same about them. Whenever I see Elliot do his "feed me" antics for the camera, it makes me want to throw up.

Regarding Frank Clark, as a passionate Seahawks fan, of course I want them to win and when Clark made a big play, I was happy and excited at the time, same as everyone else. But I was also conflicted because I knew I was cheering on someone who was convicted of something I find completely reprehensible. And for the record, I wasn't upset or disappointed at seeing him leave. Regarding Jarran Reed, I wasn't aware of his accusations until you brought it up.

It's my hope that the teams they play for get everyone involved the help they need and hopefully turn their lives around. I have not seen or read about any hint of that with AB. He is the definition of a head case. And maybe he does have CTE as someone else suggested?

Look, I'm no saint and don't claim to be. And I'm not asking for a team full of choir boys. I have no doubt there are players on the current Seahawks roster who have been involved in domestic violence because it's so prevalent in our society. It's a HUGE problem. But I'm a father of two daughters and the thought of any man laying their hands on them outrages me, as I hope it would any father. And for someone with the power and strength of a professional football player laying their hands on a woman? Can you imagine? If we sign AB, what kind of message does that send to the Seahawks fanbase?

So no, calling someone with a track record like AB's morally bankrupt is not over the top at all IMO, and I would be very disappointed if the Hawks made him part of the team I love so much and am so passionate about. And that's not even taking into account the negative influence he could have on an emerging star like DK.

And you know what, this is totally okay. You're consistent, fair, and you're keeping your morals intact. That's awesome and I genuinely mean that. I was just saying, that isn't the case for a lot of people. They're biased in the way that I've described above and that's my issue. Demonizing some while looking the other way for others.

Classy post Scorpion, thank you. And yes, I agree with you on the point you were making.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Thank you Scorpion.

It's been my observation that these kinds of players rarely work out for teams in the long run. It takes some serious boundary issues for a 225-pound dude to lay hands on a 120-pound woman, let alone if said dude is actually on the NFL and if said dudes can actually compartimilize that it's almost even worse--dude can go through dozens of rules that the team imposes on him but he can't control himself from hitting a woman. Ridiculous man.

The Niners have had stretches where every few months you'd hear of yet another guy who did this and eventually got released. It's not like it really helped their record or their rep.

I can think of one name we had like this in the past five years--Trevor Boykin. Behavioral issues flagged on coming in, they continued and finally there was a DV incident. We wasted how much time on this guy?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
beastalamode":2f09v4lx said:
Well I hope all of you that are happy we didnt sign AB realize how bad this is for us if we play the Bucs in the playoffs. If we lose to them I fully expect people here to still be happy we didnt sign him, even though another year of Russ will be wasted.

Maybe he plays for the Bucs, and plays nice with Brady, and maybe he doesn't. We've yet to see. Nobody has any requirement to feel any way at all.

However, I like the team we have, and wouldn't take AB if he paid us to play him if I were in JS's shoes.

Fade

Reaction score
AB could be the difference in who goes to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

Just have to hope he doesn't work out in Tampa. I think he will though.

massari

Reaction score
3-2-16-4-6":655une76 said:
It’s a deceptive stat though as it shows how successful the Hawks are on 1st and 2nd down. We have attempted 20 something less 3rd downs than anyone in the league! We need to improve always but we aren’t getting to a third down on many drives and that’s amazing.
Yeah It's pretty much been like this every season in the Wilson era. Never near the top in conversion percentage, always in the middle or bottom. Same with attempts.

AB would've been awesome, but at least they got Gordon coming back.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I would not have had a problem signing AB. Pro’s over Joes. We are good at WR though.

Nothing leads me to think “ because we didn’t sign AB we will go get a Pro at DT or DL” though.

It’s funny that some of the posters that want to try any hair brained reclamation project for character issues, health issues Or just general pains in the ass (including Kaep LOeffin’L) want to pass on AB.

I’d bet that the rest of this year AB is a model citizen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1b8pe99k said:
I would not have had a problem signing AB. Pro’s over Joes. We are good at WR though.

Nothing leads me to think “ because we didn’t sign AB we will go get a Pro at DT or DL” though.

It’s funny that some of the posters that want to try any hair brained reclamation project for character issues, health issues Or just general pains in the ass (including Kaep LOeffin’L) want to pass on AB.

I’d bet that the rest of this year AB is a model citizen.

On the other hand, it makes the rest of us laugh when individuals who've criticized drafting "hair brained reclamation projects" in the past would endorse signing possibly the single most volatile, polarizing individual the league has seen in the past decade.

Lots of hypocrisy to go around. The difference is that we've all borne witness to AB's antics for years. The risk is clearly there.

Momofantv

Reaction score
Funny thing is all these people not wanting him are going to be watching him win a ring this year as I’m sure that’s what he wants playing with Tom if he only wanted tethers he wouldn’t have gone to Tampa, he knows Tom will win a super bowl with him the pats as bad as their team was on offense last year without AB they made the playoffs. Told on a vastly better team one of the best D’s in the league again and has one of the best offense in the league that when it comes to playoff times there’s not a QB I would take over 6 rings Tom Brady as much as Russell is great Tom has 6 wins in like 9 appearances and it’s pretty amazing if anyone would say they would take another QB over Tom in the post season they are idiots

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":14o1pp3e said:
Funny thing is all these people not wanting him are going to be watching him win a ring this year as I’m sure that’s what he wants playing with Tom if he only wanted tethers he wouldn’t have gone to Tampa, he knows Tom will win a super bowl with him the pats as bad as their team was on offense last year without AB they made the playoffs. Told on a vastly better team one of the best D’s in the league again and has one of the best offense in the league that when it comes to playoff times there’s not a QB I would take over 6 rings Tom Brady as much as Russell is great Tom has 6 wins in like 9 appearances and it’s pretty amazing if anyone would say they would take another QB over Tom in the post season they are idiots

Please. Tom Brady is currently running a dinky offense and is under 7 YPA. Their deep game is not flourishing, and their offense is not as dangerous in practice as the "dream team" narrative surrounding it. Ya know why? Tom Brady isn't very good at intermediate or deep passes anymore.

You'd take a noodle-armed 43 year old Brady over a prime Russell Wilson? Go watch the Buccaneers then. No one cares. Literally, not a single person. The Buccaneers already have lost to the Saints and the Bears, and will certainly lose again, AB or not.

Latest posts