Any Schedule Predictions?

kidhawk

Reaction score
With the Schedule due out this week (May 11), I'm wondering what kind of predictions everyone has for what our schedule will look like?

Last year was pretty easy to guess that we'd open with Denver after that trade, but this year seems a bit more open.

I do know that the Mariners are away (9/10), home (9/17), away (9/24) & home (10/1), so barring prime time, we are likely looking at starting the season Home, Away, Home, Away.

If we can safely assume that we don't open against our division, and assume that we get a standard Sunday afternoon slot, I'm going to say we are going to be at home. Those assumptions leave us with the following possibilities: Eagles, Commanders, Browns, Steelers or Panthers. Out of those, I don't think we open up with the Eagles. I think they'd want the Eagles to get a national game right off the bat and although we may be excited for it, I don't see an Eagles/Seahawks matchup week 1 as nationally exciting. If all my assumptions are correct, that leaves me a 1 in 4 shot at getting it right, so for Opening day, I'm going to predict a Panthers @ Seahawks.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
...so for Opening day, I'm going to predict a Panthers @ Seahawks.

This wouldn't surprise me.

Wasn't there a few years where it seemed we played the Panthers every single regular season, and playoffs, too? They were like our 5th division opponent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mariners are on the ROAD on September 10th, so I'm going with Hawks vs. Commanders at home. Another strange opener.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
My prediction is all the league hates us conspiracy theorists on here will complain about too many east coast early games, not enough Primetime games and we hate TNF games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
110 percent accurate ^^^^

The same ones that said the league won't allow GB to miss the playoffs. And that Detroit has "nothing to play for"

Oops

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
My prediction is all the league hates us conspiracy theorists on here will complain about too many east coast early games, not enough Primetime games and we hate TNF games.

With the way our schedule panned out we have Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Bengals, Lions and Titans (outside of our division) for our away games. This gives us plenty of opportunities for early games.

I used to hate early games because we lost so many of them, but in recent years, we've actually done fairly well in our early games. I still am not a fan, because they start at 9 am for me and that just isn't my favorite time to watch a game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That was MUCH more a Holmgren thing. Pete's record in 10am games is legit. Especially the last few years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I used to hate early games because we lost so many of them, but in recent years, we've actually done fairly well in our early games. I still am not a fan, because they start at 9 am for me and that just isn't my favorite time to watch a game.

Just because we win more early games now, doesn't mean the league still isn't out to get us kidhawk.

Remember that.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Stealers at home Week One. Whip them good before Small Hands gets a chance to settle in to his sophomore season with his new wide out.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Week 1 - Seahawks vs. Panthers. It's probably not an exciting matchup based on last years records but due to the offseason moves, it may be a compelling one for opening week. Carolina with new coach and Bryce Young, etc.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
Seen a story that we won't have any international games so that is promising.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The early games don't bother me as much - and we do better at them. Did I not see some east coast games moved to tee off in the afternoon slot in the past couple season? I could be delusional.

I really don't like Primetime games involving the Hawks. By the time I make it to the end of RedZone, I just want to watch a game that I don't care about - and that includes TNF (obviously not after RedZone)

International. Hate hate hate - and thank goodness we ain't got one this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Any word on which game will be the throwback uni game? I want to attend that one in person.

That's a tough one, because the decision to wear uniforms won't be announced with the schedule. I would hope the team would announce that for the fans early, but they don't often announce uniform decisions until much closer to the actual game.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
do know that the Mariners are away (9/10), home (9/17), away (9/24) & home (10/1), so barring prime time, we are likely looking at starting the season Home, Away, Home, Away.

Is this usually the case? I was hoping for a home game the weekend of Oct 1

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Is this usually the case? I was hoping for a home game the weekend of Oct 1
The stadiums are basically right next to each other. It would be a night are to have games at the same time. It would be possible for an earlier game by the mariners and a prime time game for us or even MNF but it’s easiest for achedule makers to just schedule us away

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The early games don't bother me as much - and we do better at them. Did I not see some east coast games moved to tee off in the afternoon slot in the past couple season? I could be delusional.

I really don't like Primetime games involving the Hawks. By the time I make it to the end of RedZone, I just want to watch a game that I don't care about - and that includes TNF (obviously not after RedZone)

International. Hate hate hate - and thank goodness we ain't got one this year.

The only games I don't like are TNF. Seems like a bad deal for the players, but they took the money offered so they only have their own NFLPA to blame for agreeing to that one.

And it's weird.

I don't mind the international games, they're fun. Even if we have to wake up super early. But I'm old, I do that anyway.