Nov. 23 - Dec 17 Schedule

kidhawk

Reaction score
Its the bye week, so of course that means a lot of time to kill before our Seahawks play again. Looking ahead at our schedule, we have a lot of games that appear winnable right now, but we also have one of the toughest 4 weeks of football there is in the NFC...

Thursday Nov. 23 - Niners at Lumen

Thursday Nov. 30 - Cowboys at AT&T Stadium

Sunday Dec. 10 - Niners at Levi

Sunday Dec. 17 - Eagles at Lumen

How we do during this stretch will tell us alot about what kind of team we are. If we can earn a 2-2 record I think we can be a strong playoff contender.

Mizak

Reaction score
You forgot to add the Rams for Nov 19 seeing what they did to Seahawks.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Its the bye week, so of course that means a lot of time to kill before our Seahawks play again. Looking ahead at our schedule, we have a lot of games that appear winnable right now, but we also have one of the toughest 4 weeks of football there is in the NFC...

How we do during this stretch will tell us alot about what kind of team we are. If we can earn a 2-2 record I think we can be a strong playoff contender.
At least we get throwbacks for one of them.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
You forgot to add the Rams for Nov 19 seeing what they did to Seahawks.

The Rams are really only a problem for us, I was looking at it with the eye of the NFC as a whole being those teams are the top tier. Beating the Rams doesn't really change whether or not we are looked at as a competitive playoff team.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The Rams are really only a problem for us, I was looking at it with the eye of the NFC as a whole being those teams are the top tier. Beating the Rams doesn't really change whether or not we are looked at as a competitive playoff team.
It could certainly keep us from being any kind of playoff team.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
It could certainly keep us from being any kind of playoff team.

Sure, anything is technically possible, but that's not where I was going with it. It was more of how we are viewed and how we will view ourselves when we are done with these 4 particular games. I think how we do in these 4 weeks, which are back to back, will either make believers or non-believers out of a lot of people both Seahawks fans and "experts" alike.

Torc

Reaction score
Certainly the Rams game affects how I view the Hawks' playoff chances. It'll be a comparison on whether we're better than we were at the start of the season as well.

I view this as a brutal and telling 5 game stretch, not just the 4.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Forget about the Rams for now. Seattle has to be able to take at least one from the 49ers. If not, it'll be another post season with zero expectations.

WarHawks

Reaction score
That's why I'm tempering my expectations for now. If they can get through that stretch in better shape than we think, without fading like we did last year, then I'll start to believe we can go far. If Geno fades, I say give Drew the rock and see what he can do. Nothing to lose either way. Worst that can happen is better draft picks. By not getting too invested, I'm enjoying viewing this season with more objectivity than usual. This is a very interesting and intriguing season, and I'm enjoying seeing the rooks develop also. Go Hawks.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I agree that's a tough stretch, but anything can happen in the NFL from week to week. More times than I can count in past seasons there's been "tough stretches" on our schedule only to have it roll around and our boys are hotter than a $3 pistol and the other guys are nursing injuries and we clean house. And on the flip side to that, there's been cupcake stretches where we end up stinking up the joint. I still look ahead at the schedule like everyone else, but I dedicate my focus to the next week and that's really it.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score

Good post.

If we go 2-2 over those games and improve between now and then, I think we have as good a chance as any to go to the Owl.

That's a big IF and I'm not making any predictions, but the talent and potential of this 53 makes it a possibility for sure. It's all a matter of how well they come together and their health.

Good times.

chrispy

Reaction score
I agree that's a tough stretch, but anything can happen in the NFL from week to week. More times than I can count in past seasons there's been "tough stretches" on our schedule only to have it roll around and our boys are hotter than a $3 pistol and the other guys are nursing injuries and we clean house. And on the flip side to that, there's been cupcake stretches where we end up stinking up the joint. I still look ahead at the schedule like everyone else, but I dedicate my focus to the next week and that's really it.
True true....

It wouldn't be unique for our Seahawks to pull out huge victories over the next 4 games, inspire Championship conversation, only to crap the bed in "easier" games later in the season. One week at a time is best for players' performance as well as fans' sanity. ...but hope burns eternal...

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Forget about the Rams for now. Seattle has to be able to take at least one from the 49ers. If not, it'll be another post season with zero expectations.
Being competitive for half a playoff game is a good step but as you say, more is needed this season.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I also think we walked into that game feeling overconfident thinking this was an easy game. Egos I believe got the best of us.